1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[#Winning] Trump Approval Rating Hits New Low

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by CometsWin, Dec 19, 2017.

1. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Would anyone be surprised if Trump have mental problems? But we do not even have the capability to check if this is true.

2. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Per this article I found from 2000, the AARP does not endorse candidates. But this and other articles did remind me of the debate going on at the time about social security. Bush had wanted to give retirement accounts some access to the stock market and Gore wanted to bury the money in a coffee can in the backyard. In the article, AARP president Tess Canja expresses some concern about Bush's proposed privatization of social security.

3. TheresTheDagger

Nope. Just a reminder that favorability/approval ratings didn't mean jack in the last election.

dachuda86 likes this.
  4. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

5. Amiga

Amiga I get vaunted sacred revelations from social media
    Supporting Member

6. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

That looks like normal ebb-and-flow.

7. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

I'll bet a dollar to a donut to ClutchFans that his rating will spike if he actually starts busing illegal immigrants to sanctuary cities, especially if he fills California, New York, Maryland and New Jersey sanctuary cities until they concede they have had enougn. When those states are full, sned them to Austin and Houston. Human trafficking is rampant in all these places so I guess we should all be able to buy an illegal.

8. conquistador#11

not many people know this but undocumented immigrants have been headed to those "sanctuary" cities since the 80s. You want to punish them take them to Paris, Tx or every other backwards arse town.

B-Bob likes this.
  9. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Delete.
    Just google the St. Louis.
    And know I am all for the Congress actually doing their jobs and creating comprehensive immigration reform. It is badly needed, versus political posturing.

#49 B-Bob, Apr 12, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2019
    FranchiseBlade and quikkag like this.
  10. thumbs

B-Bob, you may have forgotten but I am Hispanic. Once upon a time, I covered the horrors of human trafficking. Illegal immigration makes that atrocity probable if not rampant. Now, will El Salvador, Guatemala, etc. cede large sections of their countryside to the U.S. so that we can relocate thousands of U.S. citizens who want a warmer climate and more farmland? The ceded land, of course, would become U.S. soil, just as illegal immigrants usurp U.S. property and civil rights.

11. Amiga

Amiga I get vaunted sacred revelations from social media
    Supporting Member

I think he should do it. Show the democrat what weaponizing a government agency looks like and how the republican base and his supporter is perfectly fine with the abuse. Plus, there is the added bonus of illegal immigrants being more secured and protected by these sanctuary cities - just exactly what trump and his base wanted. Lol.

thumbs likes this.
  12. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

We are maxed out in houston. Send them to cali

thumbs likes this.
  13. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Well, following Trump's logic since Republicans love toxic waste and fracking water and radiocative waste and all that nice stuff, we'll take the immigrants to sanctuary cities, and then take all the toxic, teratogenic goo that Republicans love to defend in the name of free markets and dump them all on Mar a Lago and in Trump Tower. We can take all that Flint tap water, and reroute it to Trump's residences.

What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

FranchiseBlade and B-Bob like this.
  14. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

All sanctuary cities means is that local law enforcement don't deal with federal immigration laws - that's it. Sending illegals to sanctuary cities doesn't even make sense. The federal gov't (especially under Trump) would never relocate an illegal alien to a place they can disappear and integrate into society. That literally makes no sense to do other than a political ploy to fire up his base at the expense of undermining his own pledge to fight illegal immigration

15. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

So many people without a heart in this thread are trying to oppose this idea. Send them to where they are accepted and safe from ICE. Don't be a bigot.

thumbs likes this.
  16. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

They aren't safe from ICE in sanctuary cities. ICE is allowed to operate in sanctuary cities. This is what I mean by you having no understanding of what "sanctuary cities" entails.

Then you proceed to agree with hot takes from the president to enact insane policy because of your misconceptions of sanctuary cities.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  17. thumbs

Whereas I am not sure whether busing illegals to sanctuary cities would be legal, it would be just by letting sympathetic cities foot the costs (increased crime, increased burdens on the legal and medical systems of sanctuary cities and increased cheap labor competition in sanctuary cities). The eventual political unrest in those cities would force Democrats to work with the President to solve the illegal immigration problem.

18. thumbs

I am surprised B-Bob did not reply to my suggestion that the U.S. demand land from Central American countries in exchange for accommodating their refugees' de facto citizenship in the United States. We could send troops to clear out the gangs from the ceded land and then populate those ceded lands with U.S. farmers, miners, loggers, resort operators and retirees like me. Sounds like a win-win to me, especially if those ceded lands can be turned into a new state or states to balance out statehood for Puerto Rico.

19. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

You gotta have allergies from all that strawmanning.

20. biff17

biff17 Member

You do know that just because they are bussed to those cities they don't actually have to stay there.I

Why are people acting like sanctuary cities are some walled cities and tarnishing in immigrants will cause some apocalyptic type consequences.

How does that make sense to you?