1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Vincent Goodwill "It's obvious that Giannis is MVP...don't over think it!"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Severe Rockets Fan, Mar 26, 2019.

1. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

me. two er too

2. hakeemthagreat

Basically. The league wants a european "face" that'll expand their brand. Damn the fact Harden's having a historic season, they're gonna FORCE anybody but Harden.

3. sjackson0

sjackson0 Contributing Member

Wanted to see if this Vince f$ck contradicts himself when he said that he votes for the player with the better record when it comes down to it.....in 2017 he voted for Harden over Russ, so at least he's consistent lol. He's wrong now.....it amazes me that people have MVP votes and do not watch games. This guy prob watched the Rockets 8-11 times all year ( all national games) the rest he gets his information from media ...youtube clips, instagram post and twitter feeds. The same people who watch 8-11 national games a year and then get on TV or social media to talk about a player or team they barely watch. James Harden plays BOTH sides of the court, but you have to watch games to see that. You can't lead the league in steals and that be ignored unless you're Harden that's doing it. They keep moving the goalpost lol. Anyone else leads the league in steals and they are considered a good defender...period. He said anyone can score like that what that usage rate....really? That easy to dismiss record numbers because it's a player you don't like.....mainly because he watches narratives and not games. The NBA media is the worst outlet in sports. It's entertaining, but they are the most misinformed group in sports media. No one watches the games the commentate about? They have few exception of course, but the mass majority only watch national games and you can tell....all fans can tell when it comes to their teams. Now I understand that people can't watch all 82 games for each team, but they aren't even coming close and you can tell when it comes to Harden and the Rockets. It's all narratives.

D-rock likes this.
  4. topfive

topfive CF OG

Anyone know how to find the records of each conference in head-to-head matchups against the other?

5. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Neither have I but this fool has a vote.

D-rock likes this.
  6. King1

King1 Contributing Member

You guys keep giving these idiots pub. Why?

7. James.B.H

James.B.H Member

I don't know this guy either(saw him on the same show once, he said some GSW players told him that the only team they fear in the West is the Thunder, they don't care about the Rockets), but what matters is he has a vote. Now officially at least two votes are gone, one from this guy, one from Reggie Miller.

8. James.B.H

James.B.H Member

He has a vote, so it matters.

harold bingo likes this.
  9. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

This might help:
    https://stats.nba.com/teams/traditional/?sort=W_PCT&dir=-1&Season=2018-19&SeasonType=Regular Season&VsConference=East&Conference=West

After pasting the table in a spreadsheet, I determined the total West vs East record to be 230-186 (55.3%).

There's also this:

https://www.basketball-reference.co...in=1980&lg_id=NBA&order_by=sos&order_by_asc=Y

The Bucks so far have had the 13th easiest schedule, according to basketball-reference.com, in the 3-point era. And the easiest schedule in the last 11 years.

So, there's that. But even if you account for SOS, the Bucks are still the best team by a wide margin this season (going by SRS).

#49 durvasa, Mar 26, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2019
    D-rock, Vivi and BigMaloe like this.
  10. King1

King1 Contributing Member

It doesn't honestly. Everyone will any intelligence knows that Harden is the MVP.

11. Newlin

Newlin Member

Talk show fodder. It is what it is.

12. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Did some research, he's Yahoo Sports. Covered Pistons and Bulls so he's an EC guy to begin with. Any award voted on by biased press is a giant waste of time. MVP as a concept is juvenile. Should have awards for best scorer, best rebounder, best assister, let the numbers decide. Subjective awards like MVP just give the voters power when they shouldn't have any. If I was Harden even I had a chance to win, I would skip the horseshit award ceremony and de-legitimize it as to make a mockery of the whole process. I know it's easier said than done but Harden is the one guy who has the idgaf attitude to pull it off.

13. topfive

topfive CF OG

That is eye-opening. The easiest schedule THIS year, as well as the easiest schedule in the last decade.

And yet they're the NBA's "best team"?

Severe Rockets Fan likes this.
  14. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Both can be true. And are true (for the regular season). The Warriors are still the favorite postseason.

15. arubato

arubato Member

There’s a reason why Yahoo is going nowhere.

s3ts likes this.
  16. topfive

topfive CF OG

I've got to disagree with the bolded part. You can't prove you're the best team in the league if you played the easiest schedule of the last decade.

It might be true, but the Bucks haven't been sufficiently tested so far.

Regardless, it'll be interesting to see how they fare in these last few regular season games, with several players injured (Brogdon, Mirotic, Gasol, Snell). From this point on, they play either title contenders (us, OKC, Clippers, Sixers) or recently hot teams (Hawks and Nets). They've got their work cut out for them if they want to earn that "best team" title.

17. SemisolidSnake

This excerpt cuts off right before the most important part if you want to entice anyone to read this article. So here are the next few lines to fix that:

I fear we may be overthinking this....

...I know the whole point of this article is not to overthink this, but hell, for the sake of argument, let’s overthink this.

Harden has been the best player in the NBA this season. He’s also been the most valuable to his team. Whatever way you want to slice it, he’s your man.

D-rock likes this.
  18. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

Sucks that he has a vote.

So far Jalen has harden and Chris broussard has Brick Freal as the MVP

At least the Brick Freak give props to James harden

19. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

[​IMG]

20. JW86

JW86 Member

That guy just said don’t overthink it, because he would know if he did, it would be Harden or at least a great case to be made. He’s clearly lazy about this as are most voters probably. What he’s saying is telling, it defines the current mentality and it’s why Westbrook won. It’s a triple-double, okay, he wins.