1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Warriors Announcer Bob Fitzgerald’s controversial statement vs Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets13champs, Mar 24, 2019.

1. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

This MVP race is going to come down to how many voters feel less insecurity / inferiority complex against the candidates, rather than merit. Notice nowhere in Bobs statement was anything factual or tangible discussed, pro Giannis. Just anti Harden.

Blurr#7 and Sajan like this.
  2. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Warriors gettin blown out by 30 to the Mavericks and they're talking about Harden?

My goodness...and some have the audacity to say there isn't a bias against this dude

3. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Does he have a vote? No? Then who cares

4. candlegreen

candlegreen Contributing Member

That's how I figure it was too. I'm just annoyed that whenever I am driving and listening to 790 for the play by play, OUR announcer gets so excited when the opposition scores too. I'm so used to being able to tell by the tone that a shot goes in or something happened in favor of the Rockets, but not with these announcers. I find it very irritating to have to pay so much special attention to the play by play just to have an idea what's going on in the game. I missed Peterson.

tinman likes this.
  5. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

fitzgerald got the warriors job by backstabbing his (former) friend greg papa. To be honest, no one like the guy... not even gsw fans, since they simply see him a dolt and homer. I'd ignore anything he said.

6. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

I posted this in a different thread, but it makes sense here, because it shows how little the warriors announcer knows about Harden...

7. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

None of this will matter if we don't beat those guys in the playoffs and prevent them from winning a 3rd straight championship.

BaselineFade, napalm06 and mikol13 like this.
  8. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Get this logical stuff outta here! We only use feelings for decisions here

9. solid

solid Contributing Member

Justice is served.......on the court!

mikol13 and s3ts like this.
  10. rw7183

rw7183 Contributing Member

The other thing I hate is that it is just a huge misstatement that defense is half the game. That’s true but individual offense is so much more important and valuable than individual defense that it is just so lazy and irresponsible to determine defense as the tiebreaker in an mvp race.

This narrative passed votes to Kawhi over harden two years ago and helped Russ win.

11. gotsis

gotsis Member

I get that team announcers are supposed to be biased, Worrel and Clyde also are. What I think is absurd are these guys not studying the subject they work with, just saying untrue facts. That is just sucking at your job.

It's even more absurd when your job is watching and analysing basketball games.

amaru likes this.
  12. photojoe

photojoe Member

[​IMG]

13. lw17

lw17 Member

What a hater........Pure hate. This jealous A$$hat is just crying like a punk, since Harden is obliterating records and Organ Grinder Curry and my pacifier habit is in the background..........

14. Nook

Nook Member

15. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

I know it may seem that way but I don't have House worship. I like him but I am really not part of that cult and more mentioned him as replacing a lot of what we lost in Ariza to compare our team to last year. We have been trying all season to replace that loss. Otherwise, your right, I had no reason to mention him which is why I didn't single out any other player. That is why it seemed imbalanced.

House has made some foolish errors and yes he has flaws like every other player we have. He needs to realize this team offers him something that no other team without Harden and CP3 can do. He is getting wide open opportunities and set up for success in a way he will not get elsewhere. Capela is a result of Harden largely the same as House. PJ has been solid as hell and also benefits from Harden/CP3. Likewise CP3 desperately needed Harden. Harden is so damn special.

roslolian likes this.
  16. Handles

Handles Member

Well most non-rockets fans find us “unwatchable” so of course they rely on outdated narrative to form their opinion. These people are either haters, sheep, or they’re lazy.

One thing I’ve loved about Harden’s season (other than its historical nature) is that Harden sorts out the smart fans from dumb/lazy fans real quick.

I love talking basketball with other people. But the second the person I’m talking to disparages Harden with lazy narrative, I know then and there not to waste anymore time talking to them. They’re either biased, lazy, or dumb. Harden’s numbers speak for themselves. He’s saved me a lot of time and energy this season.

17. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Nah it is a good indicator of defense.... as long as you aren’t James Harden.

I hear them compliment PG with those two stats all the time.

roslolian likes this.
  18. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

anyone who thinks harden doesn't play defense doesn't watch the rockets.

Blurr#7 likes this.
  19. James.B.H

James.B.H Member

I remember the last time when we played against the Hornets, their commentator Dell Curry said about the same thing on the MVP race. I don't remember what phrase he used exactly, but he said something like Harden's lack of defense is the reason why Giannis should win MVP.

To me, it's weird to see people who are close to Stephen Curry to use lack of defense against Harden's MVP case, for Curry won MVP twice without playing great defense. Is it just because they hate Harden and can't find anything else to discredit his historical season?

lilbird20, amaru and waytookrzy079 like this.
  20. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

There is a picture in front of the stadium of Kevin Durant laughing on the bench. That is a very weird choice to choose that picture. Because Durant looks depressed, angry, flustered being there.