1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[#NoCollusion] Should Trump go after the media and Democrats?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Cohete Rojo, Mar 25, 2019.

1. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

We are talking about a possible coup attempt between the mainstream media and the Democrats.

Subpoenas?

dachuda86 and MiddleMan like this.
  2. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Trump should continue to go after the media and Democrats?

#2 No Worries, Mar 25, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2019
  3. cml750

cml750 Member

There better be an extremely thorough investigation into this whole apparently fabricated ordeal. Many people at the FBI and DOJ have resigned or been fired since this began. There is a reason for that and we should get to the bottom of it.

4. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Again, I fully support a thorough investigation. And as I said previously, you have control of white house and senate, so you have the tools to do so. So go ahead... start today. Well, maybe wait until or if Mueller's full report is released. Especially interested in reading trump's written responses.

But go for it!!

cml750 and MiddleMan like this.
  5. MiddleMan

MiddleMan Contributing Member

Who will be the special prosecutor?

6. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Republicans won't... they are spineless losers

7. NewRoxFan

You should write your senators and congressman... demand that they investigate. Perhaps they simply need to hear from you?

8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Go after the media how exactly?

You had an extremely high profile case, was the Media really expected to ignore it? Kind of funny that people think Trump should continue to attack the media yet when nothing is found or concluded about Benghazi or Clinton's emails I sure didn't hear about going after the media then.

When the FBI brings up Clinton's emails right around the election, nothing then.

Mueller's report did lead to convictions, it did get guilty pleas, it did find people guilty and it did reveal that Russia was very much trying to affect our elections which is monumentally important. It wasn't a witch hunt. I really don't think there is much more to gain here to go after more people when in the end there WAS something going on. Not sure what Republicans would hope to gain other than trying to discredit the media more and attacking their enemies.

jboslett and B-Bob like this.
  9. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

1. Not finding compelling evidence of a conspiracy doesn't make the investigation itself a conspiracy.

2. A bigger man would be content to put the thing behind him. Trump isn't big in that way, so I don't expect he'll be doing that.

3. Much like the lock her up! bs, I expect he'll talk a big game and complain, but not actually pursue anything. An actual investigatory and judicial process probably would make the witch hunt claims fall apart, so I don't think he'll go down that road. Rhetorically, he'll have to split some hairs to hammer this -- he has Rosenstein's, Mueller's, and the 17 Angry Democrats on Mueller's team all co-opted into his vindication. So, he'd have to beat up McCabe, Comey, and Strzok, without undermining their bosses Mueller and Rosenstein.

jboslett, B-Bob and FranchiseBlade like this.
  10. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

No... please... for the love of God, move the **** on!

... but it's Trump, so throw logic out the window.

11. dmoneybangbang

The Mueller investigation was started by the GOP... but let’s all pretend that’s it’s a deep state witch hunt.

That’s how good conservative media is....

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  12. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

If, based on a lie, the authorities audited your entire life for two years including everyone you have ever known or done business with, would you not want the persons responsible for the lie and the authorities held accountable?

Big men let harassment by the government go.......

The democrats will do this again if you don't address it. Also, the entire DoJ needs to be reigned in and the only way to do it appropriately is to find out everywhere they crossed the line.

Russia hoax started way before Mueller.

13. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

They’re opening the door for his reelection and they don’t even realize it lol

#13 Roc Paint, Mar 25, 2019
    BruceAndre likes this.
  14. NewRoxFan

I agree... trump should immediately direct a special prosecutor to investigate the deep state (all those black hat wearing FBI and DOJ people especially). A couple of candidates: sheriff clarke, sheriff joe, alan dershowitz, rudy.

15. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

The appearance of collusion with Russia is not a lie, it just didn't produce the standard of proof required for prosecution (*Pending release of the actual report)

Numerous crimes were uncovered and prosecutions ordered. This was a highly successful probe.

The democrats didn't do anything. Mueller is a republican, as was Comey, as was Rosenstein.

jboslett, Newlin and B-Bob like this.
  16. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

You mean if the cops started investigating me because I looked really, really, really guilty, but I managed by hook or by crook to dodge an indictment, you think I should go after the people who investigated me? I'd probably thank my lucky stars and lay low for awhile.

jboslett and B-Bob like this.
  17. cml750

cml750 Member

It will be up to Barr and the DOJ. I personally think Barr will want to try to resurrect the good reputation of these three letter entities. The only way to do that is with sunshine which is the best disinfectant.

18. tallanvor

Appearance of something is an opinion and therefore cant be truth or lie.

two year, $35 million investigation to find decade old tax evasion and process crimes that had nothing to do with the investigation might go down as one of the worst probes ever.

The Dossier is 100% Hillary. The whole Russia story is from the Democrats and you ate it up.

19. cml750

cml750 Member

Bingo!!

20. tallanvor

hook or crook you say? please elaborate. What crooked things are you claiming Trump did to get away with this Russia collusion? Not only are you doubling down on the Russia hoax story now you are inventing more fake crimes it seems.

As for Trump looking 'really really guilty', the investigation into Russia collusion started with the dossier (this has been testified to). The dossier is a fake, so what 'really really guilty' thing do you refer? Trump has opened drilling along the entire US coast (besides Florida I believe), bombed Syria, and added new sanctions to Russia. What moron actually thinks hes guilty of being a Putin puppet?

#20 tallanvor, Mar 25, 2019
    AXG and cml750 like this.