1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Put Faried back in the starting lineup

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mockster, Mar 16, 2019.

1. nalgas05

nalgas05 Member

I say give the coach time to figure it out. We finally have everyone Healthy again, And there is plenty of time to experiment with line ups before the playoffs, I think it will be alright.

BaselineFade and D-rock like this.
  2. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Yeah, probably not, but it's good to have options.

With our depth, Tucker should never see 28+ minutes remainder of season and also see some rest days.

bj3175, chadyang, BasketMAD and 2 others like this.
  3. Houstunna

Supporting Member

Zero surprise both exceptions are East teams who cake-walked to the Finals, then won an extra series.

Heat faced an entirely playoff-suspect, young, Big 3 in Durant, Russy, and Harden.. and Boston faced an injured Lakers squad.

Rockets have a better squad than last season if healthy. Stay healthy and everything will fall into place.

4. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

It's Heat and Celtics in the same year. It doesn't matter if they were in a weaker conference, they're not the only example, they're just the most recent. Not sure if you understood the overall point about rebounding.

5. Houstunna

Supporting Member

Not sure why you wouldn't think I understood the point.

We know rebounding helps winning. We know not every champion will excel at it.

Miami happened seven years ago, in a weak conference. Conference matters because their road is much harder in the West. From 2011 to '18, LeBron went undeafeated vs the East in the playoffs... and 3-5 vs the West.

dragonwill, smp and hakeem94 like this.
  6. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Farried hasn't proven he's worth it yet .

As a backup energy big , farried is great !

But I think putting him in as starting 4 makes us weaker in every aspect of the game outside of rebounding .... and rebounding is tricky . When you shoot lots of threes and your opponent shoots lots of 3's .... there are a lot of longneck rebounds . Playing a "traditional" bigger 4 may not help you that much on the glass .

bj3175 likes this.
  7. today

today Contributing Member

I've been won over by the thought that facing GS in the 2nd round is better for us, because we'll likely be more healthy. We can be dinged up in the WCF and still beat any other team besides GS.

Your thoughts?

rhee likes this.
  8. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

MDA: Hold my beer!

Houstunna and RyanB like this.
  9. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

rockets are a self complacent bunch if they beat the worriers in 2nd round they are guaranteed to lose in WCF to a weaker team...

RyanB likes this.
  10. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Yes but defense is more important than rebounding is the point. Weaker or stronger conference, 7 of 50 years ago, Lebron or no Lebron, defense has always been more correlated to winning a championship than rebounding. The poster asked me for an example of a poor rebounding champion, in reality you can find lots of champions outside the top 10 in rebounding. There is only 1 champion in the last 30 years outside the top 10 in defense, and they were 15th, and they were a unique unstoppable force where Kobe Bryant was the second most important scorer on the team.

I think you didn't catch the thread of discussion and that one post caught your attention.

Houstunna likes this.
  11. Houstunna

Supporting Member

Ahha !! I actually stopped reading after the first couple of sentences. Lol.

I see your point.

Mathloom likes this.
  12. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

Faried a -11 against the Hawks. He's hot garbage, man.

13. mockster

mockster Member

I bet you don’t call out harden and Paul when they have minuses

Little Bit likes this.
  14. smp

smp Member

I don't know. One school of thought says to take on GS while you are at full strength. That would most likely happen early in the playoffs like you suggest.

Another line of thinking is to let GS battle it out to the end and hope someone else takes them down Sonics style. Then you might not have to face your nemesis at all.

I would try to balance hanging on the 3rd seed while taking turns resting players. Go in to the playoffs rested and healthy. Beat GS whenever you see them.

15. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

That ain't nobody beating the Worriers, but ourselves. Other than the Rockets, any other Western conference team will be lucky to win 1 game against them and I hate the Worriers with a passion.

16. bj3175

bj3175 Member

this is actually why our defensive rebounding is bad in the first place. Boxing out applies on mid range shots and drives . You have to be a th the free throw line to rebound a three point shot

17. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Rockets might face OKC even if they get the 3 seed. Can't assume OKC stays in the 4/5. Utah, Portland, SA hard charging. Heck, even LAC.

Codman likes this.
  18. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Agreed.

I think the Rockets have a great chance of stealing the 2nd seed, but I also think that OKC may drop to 7th based on their schedule and how they're playing.

I like the Rockets playing that nasty, nasty fan base in Utah for round 1.

OKC needs to dismantle itself against Portland or whomever before getting the opportunity to play us. Paul George would work James out, and it would become a game of intelligence and shot selection with CP and Westbih.

I am incredibly afraid of the Spurs right now. That is a dark horse team from hell. DeRo is on a roll and Pops is still one of the best minds in coaching. Playing LaMarcus gives me shivers...he destroyed us in the post with Yao Ming and Asik. Sure, he's older, but he can still drop monster numbers. Capela has trouble with him based on strength...

Wouldn't it be nice if we could just take the 1st seed and have GS and OKC destroy one another? That's the dream

slothy420 and Invisible Fan like this.
  19. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

Hmmm, who would I trust more: Paul/Harden or Faried??

20. mockster

mockster Member

Isn’t the point, you just nitpicked a random game like it was a deciding factor for his overall performance so far.