1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Tucker Carlson] When keeping it real goes wrong...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by SamFisher, Feb 20, 2019.

1. Nook

Nook Member

12 years old? No.

2. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

jo mama likes this.
  3. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Keep Joy and Tucker on the air. Change the channel if you dont want to hear their opinions.

TheresTheDagger and BruceAndre like this.
  4. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

*^%$#@! You da man! :D

On a more serious note, teachers of both sexes should get the same punishment (whatever it is) for sleeping with their students.

If we are going to go on and on about "equality" and gender neutrality, then the punishment for this type of stuff should be gender neutral as well.

Oh and I like Carlson in general, and I think this is the left's latest witch hunt.

jcf likes this.
  5. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

CNN cucks like Stelter can't beat Tucker in the ratings, so they try to whip up a mob to get him thrown off the air.

As long as you don't apologize, all they can do is quiver with impotent rage

6. adoo

adoo Member

cucks like u need to stop lying.

Stelter's program (on the media) is on Sunday AM; he has been beating his Fox competition, Howard Kurtz

tucker's prime time opinion / discussion program is in direct competition again the Rachel Maddow Show,
    whose rating has always been higher than tuckers.

Tucker had inherited the #1 cable show from Bill O'Reilly, he has lost ground to Rachel Maddow,
    who was the #1 rated cable news / opinion program in Jan 2019,

https://www.adweek.com/tvnewser/jan...is-home-to-the-no-1-show-on-cable-news/392405

#66 adoo, Mar 12, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2019
  7. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

There is so much cringe in this post. Maybe take down the edge a couple notches .

dmoneybangbang, jcf and jboslett like this.
  8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

With all due respect, the person with "nothing" is you, if you find it necessary, as you obviously do, to defend this talking piece of sh*t. You should do some introspection, in my opinion, and seriously examine what is driving you to defend this person. What he has been saying, whether it was a few years ago, or today, is what I would describe as evil, were I religious. I am not.

Look within yourself, because you are lost.

9. Buck Turgidson

You are a sick sad little person. Do better.

10. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

The bottom line is advertisers. Tucker has lost advertisers, not audience. Fox News has to decide if they care more about lost revenue or Tucker.

11. MystikArkitect

“Cucks” and “beta males” and “snowflakes” are tropes the bizarro conservatives use to make themselves feel better.

Then they cry to the government to get rid of illegal immigrants takin therr jerbs and to stop homosexuals from destroying Murica.

The GOP as we knew it may have literally died with John McCain. Now they’re just a bunch of nut jobs that are complicit with rape culture and racism.

There had to be a good faction in there somewhere right?

12. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Heh. Actually its the opposite. It costs basically nothing for activists to pressure the advertisers here - it could cost Tucker dearly.

I don't have any illusions that Fox News wouldn't replace him with yet another ogre who spews white-centric based hate and fear along with pseudo-populism to the Herrenvolk while laughing all hte way to his penthouse/country estate.

But, at least it will be some small measure of justice for Tuck and his morning zoo routine, and obvioulsy, will apparently also infuriate you personally, @Commodore . So, that's not nothing. Definitely not to him.

So, quiver away, brah.

13. IVFL

IVFL Member

Honestly, what Carlson said just further solidifies my general impression of him. The dude is a weasel that gets joy from stirring other people up. He is a "dish it out but can't take it" guy. I mean if you like him you probably identify with that kind of behavior and get joy out of watching it. It is as Simple as that. Let him stay on the air, he just shows his true colors and validates why he is a worthless addition to any dialogue.

I think the most telling conversation he has had this year is the interview that he won't share, but his guest did share. He can claim that if you have a differing opinion you can come on his show but that is BS. He kills those interviews and won't show them if they make him look bad in any way. He is a coward and has been since he first was on Crossfire.

mdrowe00, RayRay10 and Invisible Fan like this.
  14. adoo

adoo Member

Tucker Carlson,
    who once called Fox News 'a mean, sick group of people' back in 2003,
    when he was hosting the "Crossfire" program for CNN
    https://www.aol.com/article/enterta...n-sick-group-of-people-back-in-2003/23691732/

in 2003 when Carlson worked for CNN as co-host of the network’s debating show “Crossfire.”, he started a "fight" w Fox, who then retaliated. “They’re a mean, sick group of people,” Carlson told the Post at the time. “Don’t harass my wife and kids. Even the Mafia doesn’t do that.” The Washington Post reporter who wrote the story, Howard Kurtz, now also works for Fox News as host of the show’s media-news program “Media Buzz.”

“It’s hard to imagine,” Carlson told Salon in 2003 after being asked by the website if he might ever consider jumping ship to Fox. “If you’re in Peshawar, they’re not watching Fox News Channel, they’re watching CNN. I know it sounds trite, but I love the fact that CNN is engaged with the world. CNN USA, our domestic network, doesn’t carry a lot of foreign news. But it’s a great organization.”

In the same interview Carlson also broadly attacked Fox News and their use of “straw men” to promote right-wing ideas.

#74 adoo, Mar 13, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2019
  15. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

A couple notches might mean just reposting tweets.

16. biff17

biff17 Member

WOW!

17. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

Another one: "I can tell you I have the support of the police, the support of the military, the support of the Bikers for Trump – I have the tough people, but they don’t play it tough — until they go to a certain point, and then it would be very bad, very bad."

18. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

The only people who attack the source rather than the substance are people incapable of discussing the topic.

19. GladiatoRowdy

Fox "News" specifically targets one group.

Do you understand why this is problematic?

20. GladiatoRowdy

Fox "News" spends all its energy and resources to find anything they deem inappropriate said or written by a left wing personality.

What do you think their end goal is? What are they trying to accomplish? Answer this question and don't dodge it.