1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I really hope James is learning from this....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RealRocFan47, Feb 23, 2019.

1. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Our pace last year. 97.6

Our pace this year 97.8

Yuck

CCity Zero, Denovo, Nook and 7 others like this.
  2. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich Member
    Supporting Member

Post of the week nominee.

jcf, hakeem94 and jordnnnn like this.
  3. Swish4fives

Swish4fives Member

I think he already knows this. He was just doing what he had to with all the injuries. Probably lookin at a 5 game stretch of him finding the right balance with Cp3. Its a long season and circumstances change. We were lucky to have him even go into that mode or we wouldn't even be in the playoffs right now.

D-rock, VivaChelseaFC and hakeem94 like this.
  4. riko

riko Member

Yep I think we will see more Paul o ball and harden off the ball alternate movement. Against the Lakers you see Harden cutting more and Paul was finding him on the back cuts

#64 riko, Feb 23, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2019
  5. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

When Capela went down alongside Paul, Harden had to dominate the basketball. Don't give me this BS about sharing, the team around him was utter dog s**t. He did what he had to do to keep us competitive. But I think he did develop some bad habits over that stretch. (9 APG before, 5 APG since )

Hopefully this serves as a nice reset for the team as a whole. Schedule is very soft coming up, we need to get in a rhythm.

CCity Zero, Nook, HP3 and 5 others like this.
  6. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Good to take Harden out and let the rest of the team come back and gel before bringing him back in the Fold. i Do think the team needs to find their grove back

Crashlanded19, saleem and vlaurelio like this.
  7. Rox11

Rox11 Member

All harden needs to learn is when your up by 12+ that doesn’t mean start messing around and jack up threes every possession down. It means keep moving the ball around!!!!!!

RichieBanks and hakeem94 like this.
  8. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

It better be! It really looked like Harden caught a case of Melo Ebola!

hakeem94 likes this.
  9. Hak34

Hak34 Member

Then you are lost.

Harden iso ball may be effective with him dominating the ball.

But it leaves team mates standing around.

If you truly cant see a massive difference in a game like tonight and how our offense is typically run.....

hakeem94 likes this.
  10. topfive

topfive CF OG

OR...

It could be that because our best player was out with an injury, the role players finally stepped up and hit a few shots.

SMMFH at people who say the guy who has been insanely, historically effective for half the season is the problem, rather than the guys who aren't making the easy shots he's setting them up with.

11. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Learn for Harden is get some rest. The 30 point streak is looking like it is on its last threads. He needs a reboost.

12. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

sigh...Harden beat GSW in Oracle without Paul, Gordon and Faried.

Deuce, topfive, Richie_Rich and 9 others like this.
  13. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

No Faried, either. Hell, Nene didn't even play.

HP3, s3ts and saleem like this.
  14. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I actually liked our ball-movement offense a lot. Seems like it kept guys more engaged and mentally sharp on both ends.

Harden's leadership and game have taken leaps forward. His ball distribution is fine, and anyone who brings that part up is immediately doing their point a disservice.

However - I do think the streak is making him take way too many ill-advised, forced, step-back, learning, fade-away three pointers. Especially in fourth quarters. I'm not begging for the streak to end, but it would be nice to have that monkey off of his back.

hakeem94 likes this.
  15. jcf

jcf Member

I am a big CP3 fan. But if y'all think he has been playing this way (when playing) all season, he hasn't. I think he is coming back. Great timing. But harden literally had to carry the team or we would be trying to get in the top eight.

topfive, D-rock, HP3 and 2 others like this.
  16. jcf

jcf Member

First game this season?

hakeem94 likes this.
  17. Smacktle

Smacktle Contributing Member

Need to change his moniker to RealRocksInHisHeadFan47

Debbie Downers unite!

D-rock and hakeem94 like this.
  18. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

The intangible of getting everyone involved is that everyone stays engaged.

A lot of people like to point to offensive stats but when other players get to touch the rock and make plays in the normal flow of the offense they tend to hustle a little harder, play a bit better defense, stay mentally more engaged...

Harden needs to let Chris run the offense more because the team is simply better overall when more guys are involved offensively whether the ball goes in as much or not.

+1 OP.

I hope he’s learning.

hakeem94 likes this.
  19. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Harden needs to figure out how to negate the impressive unguarded FG defense that teams have played on Tucker.

Paul solved it.

Your move James!

D-rock, tycoonchip and hakeem94 like this.
  20. s3ts

s3ts Member

People don't even watch the games and come up here hating on Harden.

Engagement is not the reason Tuck and EG still hit shots. G Money didn't hit shots, neither did Rivers. Is it CPs fault? No, because whether or not you were open, you chose to take that freaking shot.

We truly don't deserve a superstar like Harden. Without him, we wouldn't even be in the position to be confident about beating GSW, we would be scraping near the bottom hoping to make the playoffs....

You fans hating on Harden for ONE good game that CP has had, y'all make me sick.

luckyman76, topfive, Denovo and 3 others like this.