1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Warriors 2/23/2019

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 22, 2019.

1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Good, now I can talk trash.

LOL at needing all these stars to win games when the Rockets only need one to beat you. Durant, Curry, Cousins, Klay...chumps, all of them.

2. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Today we played smart.

Against the Lakers we played stupid like how they are.

3. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

4-0 in the last 4 rs games

jcf likes this.
  4. Roxs-Redemption

5. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

**** the Warriors

I’m so happy!!!

6. YallMean

YallMean Member

Best win of the season

7. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

It could be we don't win this game with Harden because you know how this game ends...with Harden doing his iso move stuff. So, it comes down to whether Harden is on or off at the end imo.

Htownballer38 and hakeem94 like this.
  8. House Rockets

House Rockets Member

hahahahahaaaa, Hold this L Golden State!!!! Without Harden too, So sweet.

Purvis2Short and hakeem94 like this.
  9. bmelo

bmelo Member

I love that Nene took 2 backtoback midrange two pointers, made them and wasnt benched afterwards

10. Dopamine

Dopamine Member

What a freaking win! Proud of these guys, they played sound, team b-ball. Harden needs to understand that taking covered step back 30 footers on a consistent basis on offense isn't winning basketball, no matter how good you are. We can't close teams out if we play low IQ ball. Harden is a beast obviously & MVP but I wish he would just not force so many tough shots especially in close games.

11. HookemHorns1250

Man, I love the win. I don't however look forward to the hot takes of the century tonight. I think most people agree that we need Harden to beat GS in a 7 game series. However, I do think we have to get the other guys more involved like tonight. Helps with defense, helps with more consistent shooting from those guys.

For us to be at our best, we need Harden obviously, but we do need to take notes from what happened tonight. Also, role players need to keep up this style of play.

12. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

OK, support-group friends: Should I start believing again? We have had so many heartless collapses. I just don't know what to expect from this team.

Amiga, Jake Tower, Dopamine and 5 others like this.
  13. KayJayNZ

KayJayNZ Member

GREAT WIN!!!!

CP3 did an amazing job running the offense. Loved the energy and intensity on the defensive end through the entire game. There really were not any down periods - sure GS made runs in the 3rd and 4th but the Rockets took those punches and responded. Really proud of the team - one of the best wins of the year.

14. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Our big men lineup actually eats them alive on rebounds. They have no length to inside to deal with Capela and Faried on rebounds. Also Nene thrives on guarding a blog of fat like Cousins, he does not get backed down basically

Little Bit, Jake Tower and hakeem94 like this.
  15. Victorious

Victorious Member

Seen it coming! Trap game fot gsw lol

Nick_713 and hakeem94 like this.
  16. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Defense matters and they played solid aggressive defense.

17. Roxs-Redemption

18. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

I have been fairly critical of Nene this season - but tonight he was phenomenal.

Faried... jesus christ. I knew he was going to work well with this team, but damn that 3 point show I wasn't expecting. Tucker's minutes definitely should be reduced moving forward.

Speaking of Tucker. I mentioned it earlier this season when damn nearly 75% of Clutchfans seemed to be ragging on him, dude doesn't look like he's effective due to his play-style except when the stakes are at their highest. Surprise surprise, high stakes game, he was off the charts amazing.

Crossing every part of my body that Paul continues this play through the rest of the season and playoffs.

Austin Rivers and Eric Gordon, please, please reduce those dribble dribbles 3s with a defender on you and focus more on the drives. God damn they look effective when they're both driving.

19. pippsux

pippsux Member

Point God activated!!!!!

bro2044, hakeem94 and bmelo like this.
  20. Purvis2Short

Purvis2Short Member

Harden is great but need to pick and choose a little better to go into iso mode. Whomever says that we better without Harden is crazy

ak99999 likes this.