1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

“Some of these players do not like James Harden” -Brian Windhorst

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by motleydeflep6, Feb 17, 2019.

1. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

After reading J.R.'s transcription, I think Windhorst is accurately relaying the reaction players had towards Harden. But he acts like the media is all praise for Harden, while the players are not. They way he's contrasting media vs players in their perception of Harden, to me, is misleading. The media echos and amplifies a lot of that criticism that comes from the players and fans. A lot of it is really unfair, and it sucks that Harden has to deal with it in addition to work he is putting in to keep the Rockets afloat.

2. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Never in my entire life did I imagine when we traded for James Harden that we would end up with a player so fundamentally groundbreaking to the sport that people are questioning the very ideological nature of basketball

lmfao

sammy, Earnie Banks, IvanLCPM and 7 others like this.
  3. biff17

biff17 Member

Lowe is not haha over the warriors he rarely talks about them.

He was one the few media people who still had faith that the Rockets were going to turn it around d at the beginning of the season.

4. biff17

biff17 Member

ok that might be true but it does not mean he is anti Harden or the Rockets, I listen to him every week since 2016 and he is one of the few media guys who has liked the team and has alwAys liked Harden as a player.

I heard what he said during the 1st MVP run and it was a tiny dig because teams were not doing those types of campaigns.

If the team is still pissed they are incredibly thin skinned and petty.

I think whoever you talk to might be be the one who is still holding a grudge.

5. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

Speaking of the same, it seems like he has gained more weight since he got off LeBron duty so Cowturd could take over.

D-rock likes this.
  6. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

So it turns out, that in a league of 450 players, there's quite a few of them who don't like James.

This isn't anywhere near as bad as the inability to count on one hand the players who liked Kobe, but ultimately being liked doesn't matter that much.

sammy and D-rock like this.
  7. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

During that first run, he did a podcast with Simmons where he said that no one could be carrying that team like he was, 3 weeks later he did a podcast saying that all the people saying that Curry couldn't be doing what Harden was doing were spreading BS. He wasn't the only one, only the most noticeable

That MVP campaign literally flipped on its head through nothing on court, but just media narrative in under a month.