1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James harden on The Jump Tuesday

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Stormy1234, Feb 18, 2019.

1. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

LMAO! that is F-ing gold @J Sizzle

J Sizzle likes this.
  2. J.R.

J.R. Member

Last year, every time I saw you guys, you guys knew you were on the same level as Golden State. We can knock off Golden State if we get there. You came very close. This year, you guys could barely get out of the gate.

Very bad. We were very bad.

Since then, obviously better. Have you gotten to last year's level (where we can knock off Golden State if we get there)?

We haven't even gotten there but we will because we haven't been healthy yet. We've had glimpses. Hopefully after the break we can catch a rhythm. We just have to stay healthy.

#22 J.R., Feb 19, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2019
  3. Reeko

Reeko Member

Harden treats the media so well, but they constantly treat him like sh*t...it’s sad to see

instead of focusing on his greatness, they focus on him “not being fun to watch” when he’s 1 of the most entertaining players in the league, and his style of play not working in the playoffs

when Kobe was averaging 35 on 27 shots, I didn’t see all this talk about what would happen in the postseason

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

Rachel: When you do an interview like this, you start with this nice thing is happening. Then you get into a real discussion. He got real right away. He starts defending his numbers, acknowledging the backlash. Does he need to defend himself?

Tracy: No, he's listening to too much ESPN, talk show radio, social media. He doesn't have to defend it. Basketball players know why he had to do what he had to do in the beginning of the season. I've been in a position where a Grant Hill went down & more of the burden is on your shoulders. I had to do it for four years. He's doing it half a season. Capela, CP3, Gordon being out, he had to do it to keep them afloat. Now these guys are coming back. Don't give me it doesn't mean that much because they're back healthy now that I see you have a 15 point lead with a minute left, you shouldn't be in the game. I know you don't have your 30 points but that's when I'll see it: you're in to get your 30 points. You need that rest when it comes to the playoffs. We don't want you being tired for this run. You were right there last year. This is a chance to get back where you were last year. I think they're able to do it with him playing the way he's playing.

Byron: He doesn't have to defend himself one bit. Don't listen to all that crap people are talking about. He had to score 30 to keep them afloat. Now winning in the playoffs, I don't like that formula as far as trying to win a championship.

Tracy: It's a boring style to watch. James dribble dribble dribble stepback. It's boring to watch.

He has to take some blame for that. There are times I watch the game, they're up double digits with very little time left & he's still in and he hasn't achieved 30 points. He has to take blame as well.

Rachel: Do you think the Rockets can get back to last year's level?

Byron: I don't. I thought their chance was last year. Luc & Trevor are not there. They played without the ball on offense & defensively, took a whole lot of pressure off a lot of guys on that team & Capela back there erasing their mistakes. With those guys gone, no defensive identity. With them missing, it's so much harder to get back to that level. I don't think they can challenge the Warriors.

Tracy: I actually think they can.

Byron: He loves him some Houston.

Rachel: He calls it like he sees it with the Rockets. Trust me. They're not always happy with it.

Tracy: Because the way James is playing and he has a lot more help. Iman Shumpert, Ken Faried - this guy is hungry. Those are two great additions. Shumpert can play great defense & hit open shots. He kinda replaces Trevor a little bit. Faried is an energy guy. You add Capela & Faried off the bench, they can be dangerous. Only team I see beating these guys is the Warriors. I think they can beat anyone else to get the WCF. I don't think they can beat Golden State. They can compete against them but don't think they can beat them. They can get back to last year's level.

Byron: Getting back there means WCF & going game seven. I don't think they can. James has to play on both ends vs Golden State.

Tracy: He's doing a better job this year.

Byron: Not saying he's not but 40 minutes of guarding Klay/Steph AND scoring? I don't think so.

#24 J.R., Feb 19, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2019
  5. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I wish Tracy would take "the jump" off a bridge .

This dude coulda been a rockets legend.

But pussed out in the season where we had the best roster .... then went behind the teams back to get surgery so he wouldn't be traded .

Truly a disgusting creature .

Now in his retirement he doesn't miss an opportunity to bad mouth us .

Lol at his"I carried the load for 4 years ."

What in Orlando !? In the east during that era !? And he couldn't make it out of the first round !?!?

Hahaha **** you shemac

Thanks @J.R. For the transcript

6. Reeko

Reeko Member

McGrady needs to get tossed in the trash right next to Kenny Smith

7. Riz

Riz Contributing Member

The background music was annoying and unnecessary.

8. Riz

Riz Contributing Member

Even when he is asked to defend his position, Harden stays calm and collected, especially being asked by someone who plays a part in trashing him. Westbrook would be flipping out.

Earnie Banks and Stormy1234 like this.
  9. Riz

Riz Contributing Member

ESPN interviewing Harden is like Fox News interviewing Barnie Sanders.

10. sjackson0

sjackson0 Contributing Member

shocked...ESPN has a talking head (Byron) to comment about a team he's watched 8 times this year. He's still talking about Harden's defense and trevor/Luc.......old narratives that people use when they aren't watching games. They pay him to talk basketball tho .....lol joke and a half

HP3 and Stormy1234 like this.
  11. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

He should go Russell Westbrook on them from time to time... they seem to utterly adore that guy.

Also, it was different with Kobe because once he linked up with Shaq and won a couple of rings, there was no questioning whether he could win it all or not. Just what he would add to his legacy beyond those rings.

12. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No they that's exactly what they want

When Lavar Ball said he could beat MJ , MJ didn't even care

People here on Clutchfans and the world, need to understand how media works

The Russians can screw any election anytime they want now, because of this love of the media mentality we have

it's amazing how people can't see how tv shows, ratings, sponsorships work

13. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Lol , the first question she asked was "why are you so defensive "

What a b****

14. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Hella Famous in China Continues......

16. tinman

Supporting Member

Tmac ' I had to do it for 4 years ' ...

joshuaao and snowconeman22 like this.
  17. HP3

HP3 Member

These dudes are super disrespectful. That whole segment afterwards was just them throwing shade in a very "professional" manner.

Earnie Banks and snowconeman22 like this.
  18. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

That was the quote that was most ridiculous... and there were quite a few to chose from

Earnie Banks and tinman like this.
  19. tinman

Supporting Member

Tmac is great at changing the subject from James Harden to Tmac.

Rocket River likes this.
  20. amaru

amaru Member

To be fair T-Mac did drag some pretty bad Orlando teams. They were basically d-league players. So he’s not far off by saying he carried a similar load. Look at those rosters from his time there. Some of those players are very forgettable.

But let me be clear (Because Clutchfans doesn’t always do critical thinking) Harden, at his worst, is 10x the player McGrady ever was at his best.

HP3 likes this.