1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chron] Morey says Rockets not done acquiring players

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Remlap, Feb 8, 2019.

1. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

did you just start watching Rockets this season? were you aware CP3, Capela and Gordon took turns and were injured along with Nene and others for a good portion of the season? can you atleast wait and see how a healthy team responds after adding couple of players via buy outs. Faried, Rivers, Kief and Danuel House and i'm ready to go to war instead of crying.

2. malakas

malakas Member

Imagine being cut and losing your job, going out in the bar to have a drink and being beaten by a teenager at your own craft.

3. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

We are waiting and seeing no matter what. Should we all stop posting or in the meantime can I reply with my opinion when someone says it has been a good season for roster moves?

malakas likes this.
  4. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Yet another rhetorical shift. I think the issue is that we're here to discuss actual game action and roster moves, not sharpen debate-escape strategies and shift the goal posts on whether it's reasonable to be content with the current situation.

You're just being the mole in a game of whack-a-mole right now.

fckbandwagons and biff17 like this.
  5. malakas

malakas Member

Alex Abrines has been released. What was the point?
    Didnt they already have an open roster spot?

6. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Well it worked out for him. The Rockets resigned him later on the same season.

He obviously would have smoked me if we played an actual game. I was just a kid from Indiana who lived and breathed basketball from birth. That was my 15 min.

Hakeemtheking and malakas like this.
  7. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I am openly (and said as much) escaping these replies because it's me replying to 6 guys sending me Tilman's talking points. That looks like me flooding the thread. I'm tired of this silly narrative being tossed around. Been through it as a fan, was hugely optimistic about this season and last, and I am one of Morey's biggest fans. I just think this strategy clearly dictated by the owner is doomed to being decided by luck.

8. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

presti probably planning to swoop in and sign 2 players and probably the exact 2 guys morey is eyeing :D

Hakeemtheking and malakas like this.
  9. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Poor Allen has had an interesting life after his life with the Rockets. lol.

10. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

You sound like my twin

11. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

And, true too, he played p/u @a 24 hour gym off Bissonette; we were always on the same team. Yes, super nice guy. Played @66.67 speed (still a wee faster than I).

Hakeemtheking and mikol13 like this.
  12. biff17

biff17 Member

Dude nobody is repeating Tillman's narrative, you are just mad no one wants to attend your pity party.

13. amaru

amaru Member

They cited personal issues

malakas likes this.
  14. Corpusfan

Corpusfan Member

I hope I am overreacting. We'll see when we get to the playoffs. You make some good points about about the changes ahead next season.

15. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

morey sold all the small forward, he needs to trade back a strong replacement. shumpert is bench level player same as ennis

16. Smacktle

Smacktle Contributing Member

We need a posting restriction. Ignore to the rescue!

17. H-Town Rockets Guy

There are rumors that Zach Randolph is heading to the Warriors.

18. Zergling

Zergling Member

Morey probably didn't trade for a center thinking that a decent big would get bought out like DeAndre Jordan or Robin Lopez.

Inexplicably, those terrible teams (Knicks and Bulls) are keeping both, and we're still without a legit center in the rotation. More bad luck for Morey.

19. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

We don't need another center, we have Capela, Faried, and occasionally Nene.

20. Zergling

Zergling Member

Faried is not a center, and Nene is too old. We need a legit backup C