1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets trade for Iman Shumpert

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikol13, Feb 6, 2019.

1. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

bro are you kidding me? You think this is a bad trade? Do you know how much money we just saved tilman? Why are you whining?

snowconeman22 likes this.
  2. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

He will definitely steal rotation minutes from Rivers/Ennis/Green. Rivers probably the safest of those because of ball handling (lol).

3. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

yep the great GM Lebron

Shumpert wasn't a perfect fit with the Cavs post championship

but so was Lebron

4. edwardc

edwardc Member

First not whining second didn't say it was a bad trade just think they gave up a lot to get him .Tillman has a lot money so this wasn't about money for him.

5. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Eventually, Shumpert will be the starter at small forward and Gordon returns to being an elite sixth man. The Rockets will put Shumpert on the opponent’s toughest perimeter matchup allowing Harden to rest more on weaker players.

bj3175, jcmoon, Remlap and 3 others like this.
  6. naldodiaz

naldodiaz Member

How about we wait and see how he plays in a new environment before writing him off? We gave Rivers and Faried their chances and they've already proven they belong here. Shumpert might not be a game changer and this trade just might be shedding salary, but if this is what we got to cheer on, let's give the West hell and hope the GSW "dynasty" finally crumbles.

Remlap, joshuaao, whiskeyred and 3 others like this.
  7. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

8. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

Exactly, can we give it a chance to see how the rotations will work and what he will bring to our team? People taking this as we traded Knight and Chriss and a 1st to "get Shumpert". Thats not what happened. Hence the 3 team deal, we needed to move those contracts and get the money off the books for next summer and at the same time, we NEEDED perimeter defense help NOW. We accomplished both with this move (dont sleep on Stauskas as a shooter either. Baldwin is a scrappy, lengthy wing defender).

Once Capela is back and we have a couple of weeks to get the rotations down (Faried and now Shumpert), then we can pass judgement on this move.

Remlap, naldodiaz and Hakeemtheking like this.
  9. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

This is a post I can get behind. Thanks for injecting some level headedness (is headedness a word?) into the discussion. I'm always willing to give a new guy a chance to prove himself as a Rocket. Yes, I complained when I heard the news, and I'm still not happy if this ends up being "the move" to set up the rest of the season for Morey, but we have to see how the guy fits.

Like several here, I'm hoping this is only one move, and either the buyout market brings us a 3&D wing tall enough that it isn't easy to shoot over him (a real problem we have with guys like Durant), or someone else who is a difference maker in the playoffs. Having the full MLE because we got a useful rotation player could end up being a big move, if Morey uses it. You have to think he will, but on who?

10. edwardc

edwardc Member

I get your point but why give of 2 picks just seems like a lot .Shumpert is still a young guy true and he does bring 4 star defense so now we have no picks so we have to score big with free agents in the up coming off season.

11. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

i like this guy, I like this trade, I like the Rockets. Could care es what all the jr gms on here think. Shump you have joined a winner, and YOU are a winner. We needed Defense, check.

bj3175, Hakeemtheking, jcmoon and 4 others like this.
  12. Zergling

Zergling Member

So it turns out Shumpert is replacing Ennis, which hopefully means we'll bring back House as the 3&D addition.

bj3175 and Remlap like this.
  13. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

14. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

15. naldodiaz

naldodiaz Member

appreciate it! not bad for my first post...ever. but seriously i'm trying to look at it as positively as i can. i've read some good arguments, how it was too much to give up and this and that, but if we're in win now mode, Shumpert might just be another cog in this awesome machine we have called the Houston Rockets. if we have a 100% healthy lineup, i can see us going further than before. imagine...

Capela
    Faried
    Tucker
    Harden
    Paul

Rivers
    Shumpert
    Gordon
    Green
    Nene (maybe)

just to throw some names out there. and assuming we're done dealing. not an expert my any means. just a happy fan of a team that the entire league and fanbase, including some of ours, "loves to hate on"

thanks for the feedback.

16. naldodiaz

naldodiaz Member

the council approves "headedness"

yes i wasn't completely excited for the deal either, but after the anxiety that all of us probably experience as the deadline approaches, the feeling of being "let down" became commonplace, especially on this site and through the years of Morey. given what Daryl did have to work with, i'd say we kinda came out better. might have spent a little much, i agree and i know has been said numerous times already, but to get back a player we actually will use vs two players we pretty much exiled along with the salary involved. seems to me like a Morey set us up in the near future while improving, as minimal as it may be. we've already seen the movement of Ennis which literally happened minutes ago, but knowing Morey, he's not done yet.

thanks for the feedback.

Deckard likes this.
  17. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

18. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

My pleasure. Perhaps you should consider posting more than 3 times in 4 years?

;-)

naldodiaz, hakeem94 and Os Trigonum like this.
  19. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

Rivers and Faried have exceeded my expectations and I assume Shumpert will too.

Hakeemtheking and jcmoon like this.
  20. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

i think he and tucker are going to start, so that EG can come off the bench. Him and tucker guarding the perimeter is going to be huge for us. he looks better than an old ariza to me.

Remlap and xaos like this.