1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Danuel House declines Rockets contract offer

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by motleydeflep6, Jan 15, 2019.

1. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Both House and Clark ain’t better than the 3 players we picked up today.

They are G leaguers, it is what it is.

REEKO_HTOWN likes this.
  2. Loneyroy7

Loneyroy7 Member

#FREEHOUSE.

Imma put it on a t-shirt.

J.R. likes this.
  3. today

today Contributing Member

I want House back asap... Aside from PJ's hot streak, he was the guy I felt most confident about knocking down those corner 3s.

Smacktle, hakeem94, dfbreyes and 3 others like this.
  4. Vivi

Vivi Member

Same here, we're probably going to trade his ass somewhere ;)

On a serious note, i don't see anyone giving up a 1st rounder for him, not even an early 2nd tbh, maybe a late 2nd, and i would be ok with that if he refuses to sign a team friendly deal.

5. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Yeah maybe. I have no idea. I see him definitely being worth more than a second rounder, so I don’t see why people think it’s ridiculous to say he’s worth more than the 22nd pick of the draft.

I didn’t say someone would trade a first rounder for him straight up. But in our efforts to dump Knight I wonder if House and a 2nd would have allowed us to keep our first. Again, maybe I’m way off but it doesn’t make sense for Morey to just leave a player who just played his best.

6. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

If you think we’re likely to land Wes you’re going to be disappointed. Not saying it’s out of the question, but there are so many teams out there and we are not the favourites.

icewill36 likes this.
  7. Vivi

Vivi Member

It's possible he might end up being worth that, but nobody is going to take that risk for a guy who bounced around the G-League for three years and is already 26 just because he looked good in 15 regular season games.

I think Morey has definitely brought him up in talks from the same moment he refuse to sign the contract they offered him, but i guess other teams are not willing to move anything significant for him, which is understandable. Regardless, for what we know, there's still a chance the Rockets decide to pay him and retain him, we'll see.

Zoplicone likes this.
  8. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I don't think we'll get him. I think they will add someone though.

The name doesn't matter really. How many of these guys can we have on the roster?

At this point I'm kind of expecting an Eric Gordon trade that moves under the tax.

9. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I don't see them bringing him back if he won't take the minimum. I expect the Rockets to finagle their way to just under the LT threshold which means they won't be able to use the MLE money without going back over.

robbie380 likes this.
  10. Vivi

Vivi Member

I mean, you never know, but yeah, i'm in the same camp.

11. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Please sell the team, Tilman

ak99999 likes this.
  12. MrSabotage

MrSabotage Member

Rockets are biting off their nose to spite their face by not converting House. Fact of the matter is his absence has cost them multiple wins since he was sent down. I'd rather have him than Shumpert also, so that acquisition changes nothing in my mind. Wesley Matthews is fine, that would lessen the need to convert House but Matthews doesn't bring much defensively & can't guard 4's. And we don't even know if he'll get bought out, let alone sign with the Rockets afterwards.

I think the final judgement should be withheld until after the trade deadline and buyout season, but the Rockets were a stronger team with House and as a result it's simply asinine to keep him in the G-League. So what if you lose him as a RFA? Their window is now.

ak99999 likes this.
  13. RRFan1994

RRFan1994 Member

Screw house .

Smacktle and biff17 like this.
  14. 9baller

9baller Member

So is House likely to come back this year, or will he stay in the g-league?

dfbreyes likes this.
  15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

YES!

DD

BigShasta likes this.
  16. MiddleMan

MiddleMan Contributing Member

I wonder how does Harden feel about the direction the Rox are going.

Stepback3GOOD likes this.
  17. thedude077

thedude077 Member

But bringing back House will still make the Rockets better, and add more depth.

18. Fantasma Negro

Vivi, joshuaao, cbs1507 and 5 others like this.
  19. dfbreyes

dfbreyes Member

I think the sooner they sign DHouse, the better our chances of climbing back in the playoff race. Isn't Clint Capela due to return from his injury soon? It would be great to see Capela and Danuel House back in the line.

20. Fantasma Negro

Then hope for quick buyouts