1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(David Locke) Rockets about to make multiple trades

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Feb 3, 2019.

1. sogood.

sogood. Member

The **** is Morey doing? Lakers literally just got Bullock for nothing.

BigShasta likes this.
  2. matchesmalone

matchesmalone Member

3. riko

riko Member

I’m not sure I want this nut job anymore. This team has amazing chemistry and he might ruin it. Prefer Beale

4. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Yo seriously. This pisses me off

5. sogood.

sogood. Member

I mean if the price is somewhere around Gordon, Chriss and 2 first rounders, I'll go for it.

BMoney likes this.
  6. Vivi

Vivi Member

The only way i can see us making a deal with Ainge is we give him multiple picks (with weak protections if any) and/or if we take back Hayward. I think something like Hayward and Brown for Gordon, Knight and trash (Chriss) would basically work in terms of salary, and would still give Ainge enough salary to move in a Davis trade this summer since Knight will be expiring.

I guess we're going to sign House eventually, i mean, is Bullock really that good? Did we just passed on some sort of elite role player?

hakeem94, mikol13 and clutchdabear like this.
  7. varughese.arun

Bruh.... Stop with this Aaron Gordon mess. He's not the missing link. Haa.

We need a guy with actual basketball skills not just someone who is "hyper athletic," and tries real hard. There is pleanty evidence on why Orlando has lost faith in Aaron Gordon's potential.

brosef, hakeem94 and Houston09 like this.
  8. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Didn’t they just get pimp-slapped by Toronto? Maybe he was just pissed.

D-rock and MrButtocks like this.
  9. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

If we can't hit a homerun, I'd advocate something that sets us up for the next big trade. Haven't given it a ton of thought, but something like

Knight, Nene, Chriss
    for
    Batum, WHG + 1st + 2nd round pick

Rockets save the Hornets a boatload of short term and long term money, in exchange for a few usable pieces. Batum is a nice wing to add to the rotation and Hernangomez is an interesting piece, which makes us better this year. The two picks will help us in the off season as possible trade sweetners.

D-rock, DVauthrin and Rudyc281 like this.
  10. J.R.

J.R. Member

Yeah, Rockets can sign their own Reggie Bullock if they want. He's already in House. (pun intended)

D-rock, hakeem94, roslolian and 7 others like this.
  11. Vivi

Vivi Member

They were down 20 for most of game, made a late comeback but yeah, maybe he was just pissed for the loss.

12. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

Ok now you completely lost me. Could be cause I'm high, I don't know.

malakas likes this.
  13. Huncho Bean

Huncho Bean Member

Not trying to throw Morey under the bus or anything, just seemed like a cheap option that could’ve fit here. With House in our back pocket, I don’t think this is a big miss or anything, but with our need at the wing and everyone calling for Ennis’ head(sorry James), Bullock seemed like a nice 3 and D wing.

14. whiskeyred

whiskeyred Contributing Member

Maybe Butler had Red Dead Redemption 2 spoiled

roslolian, Chuck04, malakas and 2 others like this.
  15. Vivi

Vivi Member

I mean, we can literally sign House to a similar but longer deal when we want, i don't even see a reason to lose time and assets to get Bullock expiring. I guess they're trying to see if they can get a better player than that, just saying, not necessarily to you, but i can kinda see already some sort of meltdown cause we didn't trade for Reggie freaking Bullock, i mean, lol.

D-rock, roslolian and Huncho Bean like this.
  16. malakas

malakas Member

Everything is about Kyrie.
    Celtics lose in the POs early -> Kyrie leaves -> no AD.
    They have to keep Kyrie happy by all means.
    Trading away the second best player of the team only because he expires will not be helpful.

Now Jaylen Brown is more possible only because he is a lockeroom cancer but they have to get back an asset the Pelicans will desire. A Rockets first isnt that.

17. malakas

malakas Member

Lets wait to hear all the details about the kind of pick.
    Apart from the Rockets, this offer could have been beaten easily by a lot of teams desperate for a wing or depth like the 76ers or OKC.

Huncho Bean likes this.
  18. Huncho Bean

Huncho Bean Member

Yeah, people seem to be going a bit overboard over this. At this point any trade that that doesn’t involve the Rockets will somehow lead to Morey criticism. Looks like we could be getting Alec Burks for Knight and a first. Just gotta wait and see what we do before we all start criticizing our front office.

BamBam, malakas and Vivi like this.
  19. Chamillionaire

He's only 27. More of a 2/3 than a 3/4. Looks real good at facilitating PnR. Good 3 and size. Does this mean EGo gone?

#679 Chamillionaire, Feb 5, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2019
    roslolian likes this.
  20. Why not?

Why not? Member

I disagree, I think Aaron Gordon would be the perfect 4 for us. He's been playing out of position with the Magic almost his entire time there. He spends a lot of his energy handling the ball and trying to create shots (both of which he is pretty mediocre at).

With us, he'd be another PnR threat with Harden as well as a guy that can stretch it out. His defense should really improve in our switching scheme where his "hyper athleticism" would really make a difference.

He's still young too. It's totally possible that he hasn't hit his ceiling yet. I would LOVE him on this team. Can you think of another 4 out there that would be a better fit that hasn't already peaked?

Erbnwarfare, D-rock, Shark44 and 2 others like this.