1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would SF get you Hinrich and Ty Chandler?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by banjorules, Jan 31, 2004.

1. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Hinrich appears to be a hard worker and think his defense is fairly good. His 3 point shot is better than Steve's but he is far from becoming a solid PG although he is a pass first shoot second player.
    Chandler is a tremendous athlete who can rebound and block shots but he doesn't have the footwork or low post skills that a PF should have. His midrange shot is fair at best and he does have back problems.
    I would pass up on this trade and I get the feeling that Chicago probably won't do it either.

2. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Are you drunk or something?

3. Summer Song Giver

Why?

4. sup123

sup123 Member

ill will also say, are u drunk or somethin

5. RocketFan007

RocketFan007 Contributing Member

Chandler was activated from the IL last night. Not that it really matters, but it will be interesting to see how he plays after missing 31 games.

6. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Yeah, basketball smarts. And if he was a wide receiver he'd be a good route runner, with a motor that never quits, and a lot of stick-to-itiveness

7. MLC1MGC2ALC3

MLC1MGC2ALC3 Member

I would even take this deal !

Houston trades: PG Steve Francis (16.4 ppg, 5.6 rpg, 5.9 apg in 39.6 minutes)
    Houston receives: SF Eddie Robinson (6.2 ppg, 2.1 rpg, 1.2 apg in 19.1 minutes)
    PF Marcus Fizer (6.5 ppg, 3.5 rpg, 0.9 apg in 13.8 minutes)
    PG Kirk Hinrich (10.6 ppg, 3.0 rpg, 5.6 apg in 33.5 minutes)
    Change in team outlook: +6.9 ppg, +3.0 rpg, and +1.8 apg.

Chicago trades: SF Eddie Robinson (6.2 ppg, 2.1 rpg, 1.2 apg in 19.1 minutes)
    PF Marcus Fizer (6.5 ppg, 3.5 rpg, 0.9 apg in 13.8 minutes)
    PG Kirk Hinrich (10.6 ppg, 3.0 rpg, 5.6 apg in 33.5 minutes)
    Chicago receives: PG Steve Francis (16.4 ppg, 5.6 rpg, 5.9 apg in 45 games)
    Change in team outlook: -6.9 ppg, -3.0 rpg, and -1.8 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

If we don't make the playoffs, Steve has to go !

8. spacepimp

spacepimp Contributing Member

the problem with this trade is that the bulls do not have any one better than mobley so why would we trade francis for some scrubs?

9. stevel

stevel Contributing Member

I have thought about trading SF to the east as well, with Chicago and Washington as possible destinations. I thought of a 3 way deal something like this:

HOU trades SF

CHI trades Hinrich and Curry

GS trades Troy Murphy

HOU gets Hinrich and Murphy

CHI gets SF

GS gets Curry and something else

Of course this particular deal doesn't work with the cap, but spare parts could be thrown in to entice GS maybe a CHI 1st or some permutation of this deal.

I like Hinrich's game and I think Murphy could be an excellent 4 to pair with Yao. He is physical and can shoot the ball well.

10. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

i don't see why chicago would want to get rid of heinrich for a knucklehead like steve. if francis were as dumb as he is and thrown' down sick dunks on everyone i wouldn't have so much of a problem even though i prefer the aesthetics and flow of a game directed with tactical grace. steve does none of this- no smarts, no domination- nothing. i got no problem dealing francis and his max contract for heiny and any piece of hooey chicago wants us to eat.
    thank you for your time, peace.

11. pasox2

pasox2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, that's pretty sweet. Hinrich and Murphy. I like it. Murphy is pretty solid, good shooter. It's not a swing-for-the fences thing.

Kind of a problem with the byc?

You'd think the rockets would still want a lotto pick out of that. Steve Francis is a fan selection allstar, after all, and we don't really get a star back. Good, solid, fundemental players, yes ( and we know that's an improvement); but no star. We should get the pick from one of those teams, too.

That deal's not as sexy as the one with Chandler but may be better at getting us real hard-working, skilled, coachable unit. Both those guys listen and learn and work out like crazy. Think Utah with Harpring and Kirilenko. Not as sexy as say, Odom and Caron Butler, but arguably more effective.

12. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

I would do the trade Steve for Hinrch and Chandler if Tyson's back is ok.

I would do this as well.

Steve and MoT

for

Hinrich
    Antonio Davis and
    Tyson Chandler or Marcus Fizer or Eddy Curry

Davis is a cap albatros but he can play and will come off the books in two years. I would like to see the Rockets get a pick out of this trade though.

I wish Steve were more of a leader and could command respect with his actions and play. I've been wishing this for 5 seasons and I'm a little slow but there's an old saying "wish in one hand, $hit in the other and see which one fills up quicker". I think the rockets are standing around with one hand full of $hit.

13. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

for what? broken down antonio mcdyess, howard eisley, lampje, and i think a first round pick? color me awed.

phoenix was clearing cap room. we aren't in rebuilding, go get some cap room mode, and i don't think we could clear enough anyway to go after any big time free agents. making the pho/ny deal would be incredibly stupid.

LOL Sam on the wide receiver comment.

14. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

So would John Stockton.

15. yaopao

yaopao Contributing Member

The Bulls didn't care for Steve's selfishness in 1999, when they chose Brand over Francis. I don't think they would really care to get Francis, fresh off blowing off his basketball duties so that he can watch an overhyped football game.

The Bulls had enough headache players over the years in Jalen Rose, Jason Williams, Eddie Robinson, etc. They are not in the mode to add more, after dumping them.

I also don't know how many coaches in the NBA would care to have someone like Francis.

16. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

Barring a 3 way trade....

the two main reasons why we can't get Hinrich and Chandler from da Bulls.....GM John Paxson and coach Scott Skiles.

17. stevel

stevel Contributing Member

I know that the Rocks loved Murphy during that draft. Then EG came along -oh well. I do think he is a perfect player for us.

As for why CHI would want SF - would rekindle fan interest, could be an absolute stud as the featured player playing the 2 with Crawford as the big PG we lack, and I know that they really liked him the year he came out.

18. shawn786

shawn786 Member

I dissagree i think SF3 can take the Bulls to another level which they havnt been in for a while which is to the playoffs. Think about it Steve in the east he would tear it up

19. yaopao

yaopao Contributing Member

Kinda like Elton Brand would, in the big-manless East?

Francis will never take a team to another level. Have you been following the Rockets for the last 5 years?

20. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Wake me up when Elton Brand plays on a team with a winning record...ever, ok?

This has been discussed ad nauseum in other threads, but the only years in which the Rockets underperformed with Francis at the helm were last year, and the jury is out on this year.

That five years statement is crap.