1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rocket Trade Ideas 2018-19

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shark44, Jul 7, 2018.

1. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Shams said he is available. That's enough for me.

D-rock, saleem and steddinotayto like this.
  2. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Here is what Shams said about the Grizzlies....

The Grizzlies have attempted to engage several teams in a deal to move Chandler Parsons β€” most notably the Atlanta Hawks, league sources said. The sides have yet to build the necessary traction toward a trade. The move would free Parsons from Memphis, which has decided not to play him even though he has been cleared for basketball since Dec. 21. Expect forward JaMychal Green to attract significant interest entering the deadline.

3. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Sounds good to me. Wrap him and Prince up :)

4. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Yeah, but is he available? My guess is 50/50 if the Grizzlies continue to struggle.

5. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

Prince would be perfect here. 3 and D wing, he would get so many looks from Harden and he shoots the 3 at a pretty good clip. Close to 39% last season but his looks would be wide open now and hes still on his rookie contract. If we can get him its a no brainer.

D-rock and saleem like this.
  6. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Gasol and Conley are available. The team is blowing it up. Everyone but JJJ is available. Also Green is a UFA after this season.

7. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I can't figure out WHY Prince is available because he FITS the Hawks youth timeline. But if Shams says he is available, I believe him.

D-rock likes this.
  8. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

This is great... except no, the Kings won't trade Bjelica.
    And you have to wonder what it would require to get a deal done with Portland, if for no other reason than we're fighting them for playoff positioning and Aminu starts and plays 30 mpg for them.

I think rebound numbers are something that needs to be dialed in.

For example, Tucker rebounds 8.8 per 100. JaMychal Green rebounds 14.7 per 100. !!!!
    Aminu isn't bad at 13.3
    Carroll, Green and Williams are basically Tucker like.

In other words... JaMychal Green should definitely be the top target from this list. Not sure what kind of deal it would require though. Chriss, Ennis, Hartenstein isn't enough salary going back.

D-rock and Huncho Bean like this.
  9. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Probably would have to include Nene's salary + Chriss + 2nd round pick. Not sure that 2nd round pick is enough. BUT, the Grizzlies traded TWO 2nds for Justin Holiday. They would want to recoup those if they could. Since Green is a UFA after this season, doubtful anyone would give a 1st for him. Maybe 2 Seconds is the price (which was the price given up for Korver and Holiday in deals)

10. saleem

Maybe, it's because they want a more talented higher upside player. Bembry is a good role player too, perhaps the Hawks don't feel the need to retain Prince at all costs.

#1150 saleem, Jan 23, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2019
  11. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I generally care less about whether its a first or second - even though I'd ABSOLUTELY value a 1st round pick this offseason (remember where Clint was picked) - and more about the fact that while Nene doesn't play all the time, he's the only guy on the roster that can provide what he provides. How do you replace Nene? I get the stats aren't great, he's only played 21 games, he's not as important as he was to the team 2 years ago... just need to replace him.

In other words, multiple trades, but I'd happily move the first and second and Nene, etc. if the return was JaMychal Green and Dwayne Dedmon, and you knew that.

Huncho Bean likes this.
  12. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Bembry has been good for them.

saleem likes this.
  13. saleem

I like him. He is quick and sharp.

14. Huncho Bean

Huncho Bean Member

I really like the idea of getting Green. Knight and Chriss for Green and Temple works out financially. It’s just a matter of how many picks would be required to get it done.

15. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

And can we pleaseeeeeeeeeee lose the infatuation with Bazemore....dude is OK.... mediocre at best....

$19,000,000 and $19,000,000 left on his deal.

He isnt worth it..... unless the Rockets are swapping Knight, nene, chriss, and some 2nds.

That is all I would give.

Doesnt warrant a first.

This will give the hawks a $4 million discount next year and a fully healthy Brandon knight with some 2nd round picks.

D-rock and saleem like this.
  16. Vivi

Vivi Member

I guess they just don't like him that much...maybe after two years they still don't know exactly what kind of player he is and how to make a good fit out of him next to their core guys, which in my view are Young (playmaker), Huerter (shooter) and Collins (forward/center). In the next draft there's a good chance they can draft two times in lottery since they have also the Mavs pick (top 5 protected), if that happens i guess they'll draft a center and a 3.

17. saleem

Though the possibility of a fully healthy Brandon Knight is remote, he can still play well, if he recovers in the off season. I like your other points.

18. D-rock

D-rock Member

Or keep PJ at PF and pick up 3-D SF.

Taurean Prince
    Terrance Ross
    Robert Covington
    Kelly Oubre

Would like to explore either upgrade options.

19. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

Houston in:Jay Green, Dedmond, Baze
    Houston out:EG, BK, Chriss, Nene

Memphis in : EG, Nene
    Memphis out: J Green, Temple

Atlanta in : BK, Chriss, Temple
    Atlanta out: Baze, Dedmond

Spread a few picks around if need be. The money works. It would hurt to lose EG, but if we trade him, I think this would be the best return. I know Bazemore is more of a 2 than a true 3, but he and EG are close to a wash at this point. Baze is a couple of inches taller and much longer. Shoots a better 3pt percentage, younger, and can defend 3 positions. Why not use EG to sure up our front court?

CP/Rivers
    JH/ Baze/GG
    Baze/ House?/Ennis
    PJ/ Green/ Manimal
    Clint/Dedmon/ Manimal

I still think we need another tall 5 after watching the Boogie/Looney combo GS has.
    Faried would be more of an insurance policy.

This is the only way I can see us getting a wing, J Green, and Dedmond.

Huncho Bean and saleem like this.
  20. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

From Hawks fans it seems he is a higher end role player but definitely not a star and has gotten into the habit of shooting more than he should since they're tanking. He can be offered an extension in the summer too.

So someone like him would earn $12m+ per season easy on the open market. You don't want to be committing to role players who take up valuable cap space before you have your cornerstones locked down. Even if you want to draft your role players, you would want to get them on a slightly later timeline than your stars so you're not stuck in the position where you have to shell out money to stars and role players in a mixed up fashion.

Those guys are obsessed with emulating the Warriors. They want to have 3 all stars under team control before committing to anything long term, and they seem to be willing to avert any risk to that plan. Prince is not that guy. They know he's good and they won't give him up cheap, but they know he's not a star.