1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Danuel House declines Rockets contract offer

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by motleydeflep6, Jan 15, 2019.

1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Morey’s Offer is the vet minimum. House has 2yr tenure that sets his minimum pay to that of a current 23rd Pick.

It is his minimum pay. Morey can’t offer less.

2. biff17

biff17 Member

We have had his agent saying he was offered a guaranteed and a national reporter saying the same thing.

Why are you taking what ch44 said over those other sources?

if it was not true his agent would have been refuting the reports vigorously.

3. heypartner

Your belief that we shouldn’t let him play, under any circumstances, for fear he’ll get a better offer, means you believe his Market Value can exceeed $2m/yr.

It’s OK, many of us believe he’s worth more than his Bird Rights, too. Just Own the Strategy of stashing him.

You seem conflicted, though.

jevjnd likes this.
  4. heypartner

I’m not. Why do you think I am?

5. biff17

biff17 Member

Because you keep writing what that poster says in your arguments about him not getting a guaranteed deal.

6. jcf

jcf Member

I think minimum is the minimum he can be paid based on years in league. So, while other players may be paid less, players of his vintage can't be on a regular NBA contract. So, it is his minimum.

I don't think we are really disagreeing except around the margins. I hope that Morey prevails and that House ends up relenting and signs the offered deal. Our only real area of disagreement is that I would rather focus on winning now and convert him if House does not relent -- IF the team thinks he can increase our chances of winning. Given that we want to lock him up, it seems like the team does think he helps our chances.

roslolian likes this.
  7. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Very true, and I don't blame Morey either, but gawdamn it would be nice to have a THICC 6-7, 25 year old jumping jack that can defend and shoot threes.
    He is getting less right now. :D

#1227 RudyTBag, Jan 21, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2019
  8. KellyUnchained

Don’t know about that, i only heard what he was asking for

#1228 KellyUnchained, Jan 21, 2019
    D-rock likes this.
  9. heypartner

Sigh, I’m not making an argument about guarantees, I think it’s largely irrelevant, but interesting. I’m just reporting what he said, in attempts at clarification...like @Deuce is, as well.

My guess is he was offered the Clark deal, and then the Onuaku one. But I’m also rooting for @ch44 having better info, out of respect.

Deuce and D-rock like this.
  10. biff17

biff17 Member

Here you go again, why do you think he was offered the Clark deal when his agent and Kelly are saying different?

That is exactly making an argument about guarantees.

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

If you are trying to win, you sign House.

DD

12. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

This doesnt change anything in terms of the House front.... The Rockets will wait until the trade deadline and buyout market before they do anything with House.

Unless House and company accepts the last offer on the table.

roslolian likes this.
  13. valorita

valorita Member

Danuel’s slogan should be:

“Play against House(money)
    You lose every time.”

On a serious note, why can’t they do a wink/wink deal where you benefit both sides?

D-rock likes this.
  14. heypartner

What? I said exactly what Berman said. I think he was first offered the Clark deal, and the second offer was the Onuaku deal. Both rejected. The first is a non-guaranteed deal...the second is a fully guaranteed deal.

Why are you being so argumentative? Or do you just not know what's the difference between the Clark deal and the Onuaku deal?

btw: Kelly has now said he doesn't know what Morey offered, but rather was reporting what House was asking for... See his post above.​

15. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

This guy does not have passion in basketball just look for money to play. He doesn't really love his hometown.

16. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I'm not sure about the "laws", but any reason House isn't playing in RGV? Just not allowed to, just doesn't want to, or something else?

17. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

It took Clutchfans about a month to go from "Who the hell is Danuel House" to "Throw millions at Danuel House NOW or we'll lose him to ... our G League roster."

roslolian, biff17, napalm06 and 2 others like this.
  18. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

because that's the way to get House back on the floor - if a mutual agreement could not be reached...
    That provision could be invoked - with no negotiation needed... and then getting his services on a min contract for the balance of the season...

you asked why i didnt mention the provision that requires us to just to send him back to the D league... ummm... cause thats what is actually happening... so obviously thats an option...

try to keep up... lol

#1238 kjayp, Jan 21, 2019
  19. heypartner

fwiw: Last year after Tyrone Wallace rejected the Clippers 4yr offer at end of his NBA days under 2-way, he played the 1st 3 g-league games, then sat the remaining 5, before re-joining Clippers after the gleague season ended, and playing first game back, returning to the starting lineup, and averaging over 30 mpg.

Could just be injury protection, but probably some mutual agreement.

20. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

With House wed be shutting down Embiid right now! And winning by 20!