1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What is, in hindsight, your worst basketball opinion ever?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by arno_ed, Jan 7, 2019.

1. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

The Rockets needed to trade old man Olajuwon because his demands to keep getting touches was holding back the development of Steve Francis.

#221 DarkHorse, Jan 9, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
  2. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Stevie Franchise would give us a Big 3 with Yao and McGrady.
    Royce White would be a good NBA player.

3. fryjol7

fryjol7 Member

Hey Cod, hope to no go off topic, but also thinking is not thread worthy. Dont you believe Nene is more important than most of us think vs 80% of the league??

Aaaand to keep on topic:

Dont know if my worst, but definitely the one that I think about the most was this season, I actually wrote on a game thread that it was the lowest point of my Rockets love. And it was. Did not want Harden out, but I went to bed a couple of nights about tanking for Zion.

I believed on Stromile and Eddie Griffin
    I believed we would go on a run when Steve Francis came back
    I actually was not that mad when we were starting Ryan Bowen under JVG

4. fryjol7

fryjol7 Member

haha great thread from what Ive read:

Also loved the Malick Badiane pick and tried to check his box scores for some time
    Actually used one of my free days on Madrid to see Llull, I believed he was going to be our missing piece
    Was not sure about that Artest trade, after all the Rookie Donte Greene showed on summer league LOL
    Also hated that we chose Lowry over Brooks

wow, really really bad, really humbling exercise

5. KiLLiN

KiLLiN Member

I used to celebrate when the Rockets had more turnovers than the other team as a kid. I still laugh thinking about it even today.

Also, thought the steve francis trade was dumb (lol). I was in love with Cat and Cato - thought they were our saviors.

daywalker02 and Artie_Fufkin like this.
  6. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

so this is a thread about things you were right about right?

rockbox likes this.
  7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I said Yao Ming would never average 19pt / 7 rebounds a game. Though I also said he wouldn't have a long career and would be injury prone.

8. Mr Chuck Norris

Ty Lawson and Dwight....

9. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

95 percent of what is psoted in the week after being eliminated.

10. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

99% seems more accurate

lnchan and HP3 like this.
  11. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I thought Yao would be a bust

12. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

i had a lot of bad ones. i thought dwight and dmo were gona be a top 3 twin towers lineup. made sense after dmo's breakout year. i was wrong as hell.

13. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

Years ago I talked down on Luis scola for the 22 win streak rockets team from 2009. In the beginning never thought he should start. Scola had many of the same moves Kobe had late in his career.

Scola was the power forward on arguably best rockets team in franchise history.

14. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Royce White. i was wrong about Royce White. Thought he was gonna be special. Boy was i right ..and wrong at the same time.

D-rock likes this.
  15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Haha I am proud I got that one right. I never liked tweeners but I thought Marcus Morris was at least a good player.

Well, he did turn out decently, nothing very good or great.

Also thought Hasheem the Dream could get us 2-3 blocks a game.....lelz.

16. Der Rabbi

Der Rabbi Member

After his 1season in Phx I said I wasn’t sure Nash would make it in the NBA. Back in the 90s holding and smash mouth basketball I couldn’t take see it.

17. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I was wrong about Yao when I heard about the Rockets would draft him for the #1 pick. I thought he would be just another big stiff that couldn't walk and chew gum at the same time.

18. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Old, but
    In a little fairness, Francis & Mobley at trade were the same age as Damian Lillard & CJ McCollum are now. They were decent, now they're in WCF. Its still the right move to get T-Mac. But I think another year them in JVG system coulda been good too.

19. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

I generally dont have sky high expectations. I was high on KJ McDaniels, even knowing his shooting & decision making limitations. Figured he'd have Gerald Green'ish type effect on defensive, on a team in need of defense.

I thought at WORST Ty Lawson would be a steady rotation player. Just shocking how a player in their prime can fall off so much. Looking back, that entire season was a stinker from day 1. D Howard was a low key chemistry killer.

Was on the T Jones bandwagon. I'm not as worried on "low iq" as most. But I didnt know he was so immature off the court.

D-rock and ElDobleK like this.
  20. Zergling

Zergling Member

I was too high on DMo for sure. I thought House and Faried would be great acquisitions, but both basically didn't contribute in the 2nd round

D-rock likes this.