1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rocket Trade Ideas 2018-19

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shark44, Jul 7, 2018.

1. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

The new power forward Faried can replace our lost of ryno and the deteriorating nene. I hope the next trade can fix our small forward due to Ariza and Prince left.

2. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I doubt if Otto Porter will be bought out, but he can be a 4/3, a better Ariza despite not being close to his previous best. Miami doesn't want Knight and a 1st for James Johnson, he can be a long 4 for Houston. The Heat can get luxury tax relief. House could still be retained as a 3. Faried could function as a backup 5.

3. jb86

jb86 Member

Can we get Ariza back?

4. BigBum

BigBum Member

Wizards are not tanking, they try to shed salary.
    Knight, Chriss and Melo are in the market for a few months.
    One poster said it is a smart move by unloading Chriss, Melo and Nene to get luxury tax profit.
    I think there is no way to unload all those guys and get tax profit this season.

5. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Time to bring Covington back home.
    http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y6uy527e

Houston out: Ennis/Melo/BKnight

T-Wolves out: Covington/Tolliver

or perhaps

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ydge5l8k
    Houston out: Ennis/Melo/BKnight//Chriss

T-Wolves out: Covington/Tolliver/Tyus Jones

Reward T-Wolves with picks.......then sign Faried & House (to new contract)

PG: CP3/Rivers/Tyus Jones
    Wings: Harden/GGreen/Covington/House
    PF: Tucker/Tolliver/Faried
    C: Capela/Nene.........”Small-Ball” centers (Tolliver/Tucker/Faried)

Reserves: Gary Clark/Hartenstein

#1105 ApacheWarrior, Jan 19, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2019
  6. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

I guess the signing of Faried means the end of any possible trade for Dedmon

amaru likes this.
  7. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

Ennis sucks, we must upgrade the small forward position. I hope kenneth faired is able to grab rebounds, otherwise we need to find other center immediately. we will lose a lot of matches when caplea left.

8. Huncho Bean

Huncho Bean Member

Noah Vonleh, JaMychal Green, and Dewayne Dedmon seem like decent options for us at the 4/5.

9. Bo6

Bo6 Member

not a knee jerk. but trade gordon. sign house.

edit: lmao this post didnt age well.

#1109 Bo6, Jan 19, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2019
    rocks123 and Huncho Bean like this.
  10. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

Rockets might need to trade for Dedmon anyway even with Faried. We get beat on the boards badly.

11. Bo6

Bo6 Member

but i still think the only way our team can better (via trade) is if we are willing to add gordon into deals.

12. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

nope....

Knight + pix...

jb86 likes this.
  13. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I am thinking instead of wasting House's season and our time, and we now have 2 backups C's (Faried/Nene), maybe the Hawks would be interested in:

Knight
    Chriss
    Hartenstein
    House
    1st

for

$12.5m Expiring Contract of Lin (giving Tilman an erection till negotiations for Prince's extension begin)
    Taurean Prince (Locked in for $3.4m next season, eligible for extension in summer IIRC)
    Justin Anderson (QO this summer)

Prince becomes our starting SF. Anderson our backup PF. Lin can continue to act like emo jesus on instagram without worrying about playing basketball. Very important factor here is we would be officially out of the repeater tax for next season so maybe Tilman will let everyone do their jobs.

For the Haws, I think getting a 1st and 2 mediocre prospects is not bad for a guy (Prince) who they won't want to extend but has excellent value as a high-end role player.

Beardaholic13 likes this.
  14. Bo6

Bo6 Member

knight + pix would only let you to unload knights contract.

15. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

1 pick is the offset to take Knights contract... we can bundle multiple pix...
    We can also use Chriss' expiring contract + pix to take on a longer contract...
    We were able to put together a competitive package for Butler... but it didnt check all the boxes for Thibs... and we can improve without needing a butler caliber player...

16. Beardaholic13

Beardaholic13 Member

We need to find a 2018 version of Josh Smith. I love PJ but i dont think durant will have much trouble just shooting over the top no matter how good the defense would be. As much as i love THIC we need someone longer.
    That type of player who can occasionally protect the rim, grab some boards, hit the occasional 3 and switch. Doesent seem to be any available this year.
    I love the idea of getting Prince like some have suggested. Is there anyone else that fits that mold other than JJ( his contract stinks)?

D-rock likes this.
  17. saleem

NH plays like a center with good shotblocking and JG is more of a 4. I do like them, but JaMychael failed going up against Ibaka and Siakim recently. They are all UFA's at the end of this season.

DD is a 5. He is pretty good too. Noah is on a 1.5 M contract. DD is on a 7.2 M contract and JG is on a 7.66 M contract. I would go for Noah. He gave the Greek Freak a tough time with his defense and he might be easier to obtain too ( in theory).

#1117 saleem, Jan 21, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2019
    Huncho Bean and D-rock like this.
  18. saleem

Not that I know off. JJ's contract isn't that bad at 14-15 M for 3 yrs, but he has declined. He ended with 0 and 6 rebounds recently against the Bucks. I have changed my mind about him.

19. saleem

Acquiring Prince and Vonleh would be awesome .Its going to be hard to pull that off though.

Beardaholic13 likes this.
  20. JamalP.

JamalP. Member

We should target Jimmy B. I get the baggage he comes with but dude is having his best year ever shooting wise. 47 percent fg and 38 percent from three. Definitely wouldn't mind trying to pull this trigger if Philly doesn't want him.