1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What Team Do You Think Is The Rox Most Hated Rival?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocket b-liever, Jan 31, 2004.

1. rocket b-liever

Man, for sure i am going to choose the Utah Jazz. Just look at the past.

Ya'lls thoughts?

2. MLC1MGC2ALC3

MLC1MGC2ALC3 Member

3. jacago

jacago Member

4. Kickingback

Kickingback Member

I would say the Lakers now that Utah has died with Stockton and Malone gone The cheap cheating of the past is gone Ill picks and all the flop plays. So for now the Lakers and all their showtime. :cool:

5. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I am not sure who I would say is the most hated rival presently, but i have to be honest, I would love to get the Dallas Mavs monkey off or our back and get a win against them.

And I dont like the fact we are 0-2 against Memphis this year either.

The Rockets have had some rivals in the past, but "presently" I dont see a specific rival other than teams in our own Midwest division.

I think rivalries are born in the Playoffs and until we get there, every team is the same to me.

6. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Mavericks, easily. Not just because they've swept the Rockets 2 years in a row, but also since they're another Texas team and their style of play is the exact opposite of Houston's.

7. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

Team rival... Mavs

Players rival ... Blazers

Coach rival.. Miami

Eastern rival... Boston Celtics

8. Charvo

Charvo Member

This may not be a team rivalry, but I know who has taken over the torch from Stephon Marbury of #1 Steve Francis rival. That would be Mike Bibby. Bibby may not say it in public, but I think he thinks he's better than Steve and should be going to the all-star game. When was the last time, he's had a bad game against the Rockets?

9. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

How quickly everyone here forgets the Jazz. Mavs maybe lately, but during the playoffs it would be Jazz, with the Suns a distant second if only because we kicked their ass multiple times.

10. Sir Geving

Sir Geving Contributing Member

Lakers and Utah:mad: :mad: :mad:

11. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Our long time rivals are the Spurs and the Jazz, but with Robinson and Stockton/Malone respectively gone from those squads, it just isn't the same.

I think we are developing a rivalry with Memphis and New Orleans.

12. thegame_2234

thegame_2234 Contributing Member

seattle,utah,san antonio,dallas,minnesota,lakers:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

13. Deuce Rings

Deuce Rings Contributing Member

It's hard to have a fierce rivalry when you've been out of the playoffs as long as the Rockets have been because that is where the rivalries are created. I can only think of the Spurs because they're a regional rival. Some of the Rockets' historic rivalries are in serious need of a renewal (Jazz, Sonics immediately come to mind).

14. Sishir Chang

Sishir Chang Contributing Member

Can we have a rival not in our own conference?

If they beat us to the playoffs I would have to go with Memphis.

15. DavidS

DavidS Contributing Member

Lakers (it will always be a rivalry).

16. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

The biggest rival for the 2004 Houston Rockets is the 1994-95 Houston Rockets.

17. farhan007

farhan007 Member

yao ming fan club vs what is left of the steve francis fan club.

sad, but true

18. CompaqC

CompaqC Member

I truley enjoyed hating the Jazz all those years with Malone and floppin' Stockton. A TRUE hated rival. I actually would love to see the Jazz get dirty and hateful again, but all i can do is admire what the Jazz are doing this season.

As of right now, it easily wouldve been Phoenix if it werent for the trade. i wouldn't say the rockets have an actual rival because like someone mentioned already, rivalaries are born in th playoffs.

I believe there is potential of having a Rocket-Laker rivalary because of all the hype their games usually get. or have been getting.

19. JPM0016

JPM0016 Contributing Member

Hard to say but i think the Lakers/Rockets have been the most hyped. What's better than Yao vs. Shaq?

20. room4rentsf

room4rentsf Contributing Member

I would have said Suns (per Marbury trade) just because they beat us out of the last playoff spot and with Amare beating Yao for ROY.

But I think a new rivalry is brewing between Houston and the Lakers. It seems both teams get up to play against each other and the media makes such a big deal about the Yao vs. Shaq deal.

J

other than that I cant really think of anything..