1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Capela signs 5yr, $80mil deal ($90M w/ incentives) with the Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Fullcourt, Jul 27, 2018.

1. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Of course, we had those 5 guys last season:

Paul
    Harden
    Gordon
    Ariza
    Tucker

MDA was so dumb for not playing that lineup 38 mpg against the Warriors. :rolleyes:

2. basketballholic

Because we played
    5 shooters
    and
    5 switch defenders
    against the Warriors death lineup when it was on the court and because we continued to play
    5 shooters
    and
    5 switch defenders
    against them after Iggy went out for as many minutes as we could squeeze out of our
    5 shooters
    and
    5 switch defenders
    until Paul went out while minimizing the minutes we played Capela against them.

We would have further minimized Capela's minutes against them IF we had other options to get more minutes out of
    5 shooters
    and
    5 switch defenders
    . But we didn't have those options. And then we lost one of the key components of our
    5 shooters
    and
    5 switch defenders
    when Paul got hurt and we were forced to play Capela more minutes and deal with him trying to switch and stand around baseline convoluting our spacing and making it easier for Draymond to defend the rim and help out on shooters.

Because we played
    5 shooters
    and
    5 switch defenders
    against the Warriors death lineup when it was on the court and because we continued to play
    5 shooters
    and
    5 switch defenders
    against them after Iggy went out for as many minutes as we could squeeze out of our
    5 shooters
    and
    5 switch defenders
    until Paul went out while minimizing the minutes we played Capela against them. We would have further minimized Capela's minutes against them IF we had other options to get more minutes out of
    5 shooters
    and
    5 switch defenders
    . But we didn't have those options. And then we lost one of the key components of our
    5 shooters
    and
    5 switch defenders
    when Paul got hurt and we were forced to play Capela more minutes and deal with him trying to switch and stand around baseline convoluting our spacing and making it easier for Draymond to defend the rim and help out on shooters.

The Warriors play their death lineup in the playoffs more than 50% of the time until the game is decided. This number usually skews downward below 50% of actual game time because most of their games are decided in their favor way before the death lineup has had to play 24 minutes. But in games that are undecided to the end and their death lineup is available....those playoff games will show that the death lineup plays over half the have minutes together.

Add I've stated repeatedly, but you refuse to comprehend....the Warriors have done the same thing for 3 seasons and this is now the fourth. In the regular season, against most teams in the Association 90% of whom they can beat without the death lineup playing any and with one of Durant or Curry taking a vaca they barely play the death lineup. Their death lineup of is averaging around 6-7 minutes a game right now. But in the playoffs they play their death lineup an average of around 20 minutes a game. And in games that are undecided until the very end, they typically play their death lineup 25-30 minutes a game and their traditional non-shooting bigs play an average of 10 a game.

You should already know these facts. I've stated them before. And they're easily verifiable. Yet you ignore these facts and try to come up with some b.s. baseless hype train theory that we can beat Wii kl the Warriors with Capela playing 30 minutes a game against their playoff starters.

bilaal14 likes this.
  3. basketballholic

I said there are many players that could play in the NBA and some of them would help us defeat the Warriors more than Capela will. Then I cited you a specific example. AR. I'm not going to type out a whole bunch of others and explain why they would help us more than him. You don't accept that he would be more help against the Warriors. There's no reason for me to waste my time pointing out others you aren't going to accept.

Why don't you find evidence that shows that Capela can help us beat the death lineup?

I won't wait with baited breath but I'll read what you got if and when you ever think you have evidence that Capela can help us do that.

4. basketballholic

What I said was Anthony Randolph has the necessary skill set to help us defeat the Warriors.

Why didn't anybody else sign Danuel House? Why didn't anybodyelse sign Pat Beverley instead of cut him? For that matter....explain why Phoenix just cut, mind you, CUT Austin Rivers and PAID HIM NOT TO PLAY FOR THEM..... When they're looking for a point guard?!?!?!

Ha!

Context matters.

And you wanna sit here and tell me how smart NBA teams are and how dumb I am??? Bro, I knew the instant we signed Rivers that he was a fit and a free gift. He's better for us than ERIC GORDON!!!

Just stop with the nonsense about how smart NBA teams are. Just makes you look more stupid.

5. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

That’s what I thought. You have no reasonable examples. I saw all the evidence I needed in last year’s playoffs. It wasn’t Capela that prevented them from beating the Warriors.

6. basketballholic

Oh boy.

I already addressed this. Read what I wrote about it.

7. Nook

Nook Member

Ehh...... What the Rockets need is very good health.... a little more depth that can hit 3's and not be raped defensively....... and a 4/5 like Markieff Morris that can play the 4 or the 5 when needed......

Deuce likes this.
  8. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

ya just keep arguing with holic...lol

he's not going to change his mind no matter what you bring up. waste your energy on something else

9. basketballholic

I've watched Randolph play. He's a better switch defender than Capela. And obviously a better shooter. Read what I wrote to you above. I'm not going to cite other examples. You wouldn't know them if I did. Just like you didn't know Beverley and House could help us.

#669 basketballholic, Jan 8, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
  10. basketballholic

Doesn't mean he can either.

But what we do know is if we play
    5 shooters
    and
    5 switch defenders
    against the Warriors death lineup when it is on the court then we can very possibly beat them. We KNOW that for a fact.

11. Swiss Roll

Swiss Roll Member

Anthony Randolph is a better shooter than Clint just like Josh Smith is a better shooter than DeAndre Jordan, they both shoot 3s but hit them at such a low rate (career 24% 3P% for Randolph, 28.5% for Smith) that teams would just leave them open, you'd be better off with a non-shooter like Clint or DAJ who finishes at the rim at an elite level and draws defenders into the paint than lining up a bricklayer like Randolph, who's playing in Europe for a reason.

12. basketballholic

They didn't agree on House either. But I said he was ready last year . So what.

13. Swiss Roll

Swiss Roll Member

Anthony Randolph is a better shooter than Clint just like Josh Smith is a better shooter than DeAndre Jordan, they both shoot 3s but hit them at such a low rate (career 24% 3P% for Randolph, 28.5% for Smith) that teams would just leave them open, you'd be better off with a non-shooter like Clint or DAJ who finishes at the rim at an elite level and draws defenders into the paint than lining up a bricklayer like Randolph, who's playing in Europe for a reason.

14. basketballholic

The Cavs won was because Green was suspended. I suppose your strategy is to get Green suspended so we can play Capela???????

You have no argument.

#674 basketballholic, Jan 8, 2019
  15. basketballholic

Actually he played them as much as he could and pushed then to their limits and beyond .

You're the dumb one.

16. Soneca

Soneca Member

Come on man, these spoilers were ridicolous even for your standards. Is there a way left for you to embarass yourself a little further?

You're wrong in your opinion on Capela, he would've been the starting center for the 2018 world champions had CP3 not get hurt. If you think otherwise, you're wrong twice. Or maybe you think that one wrong plus one wrong nulify each other so you're right. Even then, James would've been the primary ball handler for that team, which would make you wrong for a third time in the same matter. CP3's hamstring doesn't change the FACTS. We were beating the Warriors and the refs wouldn't be enough to change the outcome had Paul been healthy. Let me put this again: the cold truth is that we were beating the Warriors, it's an undeniable fact. We played RYAN FREAKING ANDERSON and JOE FREAKING JOHNSON once CP3 got hurt, so we lost. What does Capela have to do with that? Get a grip, you clearly lost the argument and with that you lost your temper, starting to be aggressive towards posters once your only argument is the denial of facts.

I couldn't help myself, arguing with you leads to nothing. But I swear I'll get back to you in July as NBA champions with Capela as the starting center and James as the primary ball-handler. Wait and see.

dmoneybangbang and topfive like this.
  17. Swiss Roll

Swiss Roll Member

Green was never worth a net 16 points, but you do have a bit of a point, the league office would NEVER help the rockets in a series against GSW, which makes everything about this season meaningless.

18. Swiss Roll

Swiss Roll Member

Green was never worth a net 16 points, but you do have a bit of a point, the league office would NEVER help the rockets in a series against GSW, which makes everything about this season meaningless.

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

The Warriors are imploding, Capela is perfect for this team - or mabye we should resign Terrance Jones.

DD

hakeem94 likes this.
  20. topfive

topfive CF OG

Lulz. You funny.

The Cavs beat the Warriors three times in that series with Draymond in the Dubs' lineup, including the last two games when a victory would have given them the title. Green played all but ONE MINUTE of Game 7. Yet with Tristan Freakin' Thompson at center for 30 minutes a game the Cavs thumped them.

Try again, genius. When you're wrong about something, you are comically wrong. And your doubling and tripling down just adds to the frivolity. :D

#680 topfive, Jan 8, 2019
    hakeem94, D-rock and FLASH21 like this.