1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can former Rocket Eric Gordon and the Suns bounce back against the Timberwolves? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Chris Broussard: Starting to buy James Harden as the best player in the NBA?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shaq2Yao, Jan 1, 2019.

1. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Is anyone gonna point out that foxs sports 1 not espn. But yea what he said

vince likes this.
  2. Lawlruschang

Lawlruschang Member

jason mcintyre is such a clear beta... pathetic

adw, D-rock and bmelo like this.
  3. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Stephen A Smith must know those Referees who are going to rig games, especially Lakers vs Rockets.

4. IndoRockets

IndoRockets Member

I think my IQ just dropped watching Josh Mcintyre argue.

vince, Lawlruschang, adw and 4 others like this.
  5. Gorilladunks

Gorilladunks Member

Im so sick of hearing "D'antoni system"

we arent running a D'antoni system. When I hear someone in the media mention his numbers inflated in a system, I know they know nothing.

6. Gorilladunks

Gorilladunks Member

Jason McIntyre seems like such a fake person. He cant believe the stuff coming out of his mouth. Seems like he trying to just get attention.

7. topfive

topfive CF OG

LOL at wienie Jason McIntyre, trying his best to make the case that Steph Curry, the most drooled-over-by-the-media player of the last decade, is hated and underappreciated.

#47 topfive, Jan 1, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2019
    adw, RyanB and D-rock like this.
  8. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Considering we play at one of the slowest paces in the NBA, I also don't understand them bringing this argument up over and over.

Vivi, Richie_Rich, Hmc415 and 2 others like this.
  9. Nivos

Nivos Member

I just thought about it the other day that if you take the last 5 years span- Harden is the best player in the world.
    He should have won the MVP 3 out of the past 5 years and his numbers are historical but he never get mentioned as a real candidate for the 'best player in the world' title.
    Curry does, also LeBron and Durant but for some reason he is never mentioned which fits the media conspiracy theory.
    Or is it just the 'No Championship' weight?

Lawlruschang, RyanB and D-rock like this.
  10. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

I have a feeling the Warriors will humble him on Thursday though.

11. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

I have a feeling the Warriors will humble him on Thursday though.

12. D-rock

D-rock Member

I stomp on your feelings and I hope Harden does the same to GSW.

13. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

"Steph is shooting 45% from 3. 45%! Nobody has ever done that before"

*quick check of this seasons stats sees Steph Curry sitting 8th in the NBA in 3 point %. Behind Bogdanovic.
    45% is a great effort, but to use that as a reason for Steph to be ahead of Harden in terms of 'best player' is a bit ridiculous, and to say nobody has ever done it before is stupid. 7 other guys are hitting at a better clip RIGHT NOW.

(for the curious, Steve Kerr has the highest % from 3 over an entire career at 45.4% --> Curry is currently 4th all time on that list.
    The highest % in a single season is Kyle Korver at over 53% - multiple people have shot over 50% for an entire season).

14. Theking

Theking Member

Who is this guy? How does he even have a job? Possibly the worst analyst Ive ever heard. I quite like Lonzo and wish him the best - but lock him up? That has to be the most ignorant comment. Dude should be working at a HEB packing groceries, not on my TV

vince likes this.
  15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You will get it back, believe in you!

16. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

If harden beat warriors, blazers, bucks and nuggets, he will move to the top as MVP for sure. I don't think we can beat warriors without cp3 and Gordon

17. dje243

dje243 Member

I see no lies here.

Vivi likes this.
  18. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I think we can
    We cannot beat the Warriors AND the Refs

Rocket River

19. Toffeeone

Toffeeone Member

Well, Harden is the best player right now in the last couple of weeks. Best player in today's NBA? I say Lebron.

GOAT? Jordan.

20. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

Man if you really think about it, Lebron has always had more talent on his teams that Harden. First his big 3 in Miami and then big 3 of Cleveland. This is the first year he doesn't have another superstar on his team and the lakers are probably between 45 - 48 wins this year. Harden with no other superstars wins 55 games. Same argument between steph, he's always had a more talented team. 2 other all starts in the first GSW runs, than 3 other all stars and now 4 all stars to play with by end of the season. There really is no way you definitely say Steph is better than Harden. Even with 3 other all stars, against Harden and 1 other all star for half a series, it took the warriors 7 games to win. Everyone wants to slam harden for his play off failures but forget that he had Dwight Howard as his best player (who is irrelevant now) and only CP3 has his other all star helper compared to Stephs other 3/4 all start helpers and Lebron 2 all star helpers.

Also to his comment about Harden being a product of Dantoni's system, (Which isn't true), let's also ignore the fact that Curry was not the curry we know today until Kerr took that team over.