1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Eric Gordon “I’m just not having fun”

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by motleydeflep6, Dec 7, 2018.

1. WolfofHouston

WolfofHouston Member

He can make them.

Guys, don't get me wrong outside of a few games this season Eric has stunk it up. But we know what he's capable of that, so why limit him?

He'll get it again and we'll be in a good spot. We still need to add two rangy forwards in our rotation.

2. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Can't ask him to be a playmaker. He can't do it and gets frustrated messing up the rest of his game.

Crashlanded19 likes this.
  3. shvedsucks

shvedsucks Member

It’s sad that he shoots 38% overall and 27% from 3 in a game and we call it a “decent” game. Just shows how significantly his standards have dropped from years before

4. shvedsucks

shvedsucks Member

Been saying that for 35+ games, including preseason. When will he get it going again?? Season is halfway done

napalm06 and GotGame15 like this.
  5. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

perhaps, but hes never had it in the first place, last 2 years he is in one big slump from 3, only 2 good months hes had in last 2 years...what is both worrying and hopeful is that it is very clear that the more he drives and the less he is chucking it the better he plays...
    if hes is smart hell reduce his 3pt attempts in half and double his drives....

6. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

even if he does its foolish to expect it will last longer than a month...before being horrible again thats the way.. i am talking about his 3pt shooting...if he sticks to the defense and drives there is a hope

shvedsucks and bmelo like this.
  7. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

Still love me some EG - and with the way Klay's been playing this year if we meet those pricks in the playoffs again Gordon can absolutely outperform him. Get around him

8. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

yeah but why he simply wont reduce his 3pt attempts and drive more?

9. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

Well yeah I agree, needs to chill out with the ridiculous chucking, but at the same time it does keep the D honest. He is making life harder for himself though.

10. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

you can keep d honest with 4-5 3 point attempts per game you dont have to shoot 10 3s per game when you shoot worse than brewer just to keep the d honest...there are many successfull drivers/ slashers in the league that have drastically less 3pa than gordon

11. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

I agree, dude is making life hard for himself

hakeem94 likes this.
  12. htownfan_9210

htownfan_9210 Member

13. AB423

AB423 Member

He’s getting old, doesn’t have the legs anymore. Barely has the legs to get his shot up.

MC31B likes this.
  14. Bo6

Bo6 Member

Gordon has been frustrating me more with boneheaded TOs than his 3 point chucks.

15. WolfofHouston

WolfofHouston Member

This is no different than Ryan Anderson. The fact he'll attempt them make you respect it. What Ryan did was not attempt them, and the defense reconfigured. We need the defense to continue to honor it, and for that to happen he's gotta chuck. His % can be what it is, but do you think the defense will dare him?

16. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

I am not buying it

17. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

so any 3 pt bricklayer in NBA need to shot 10 3s per game now in order to keep the defense honest ...
    nah

as per ryan anderson he was never this bad 3pt shooter on rockets except during a 2-3 weeks stretch last year and that is a perfectly normal slump even for curry and klay

18. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Gordon's 3pt percentage has dropped every season since 2015. That's four seasons straight.

19. WolfofHouston

WolfofHouston Member

No, you aren't understanding properly. Eric Gordon is different than MCW. Gordon will demand defense respect any time he's behind that line. Does that help understand my point?

Was making the analogy of remaining a threat, not actual shooting %.[/Quote][/QUOTE]

20. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Right now, defenses respect his shooting only by his past reputation. As I pointed out earlier, he has not been a great 3pt shooter for several years now. Sooner or later, teams are going to figure out that his driving is a much bigger threat than his shooting behind the arc, and they will start laying off him and dare him to shoot.