1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is it time to part ways with our coach?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by fattz, Dec 22, 2018.

1. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Because the rotation is lacking in quality outside 4 players and when one of those 4 is out …. they are a bad team.

2. BigBum

BigBum Member

Steve Kerr use G League players and those sucky vet min to close the game every night. MDA rejects.
    Curry, Draymond, Iggy and Livingston rest one month each (50% of games).
    Boogie is resting too.

3. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Kerr has the luxury of having a good team that has big leads late …. Mike Dan and Tony …. not so much , they have a team that loses to the Cavs.

4. BigBum

BigBum Member

There is not many options, MDA has to give sucky vet min 40% of playing time. Starters will be fatigue.

5. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

it's a good thing I have you to explain it to me

topfive likes this.
  6. BigBum

BigBum Member

Payroll not includes tax
    Paul + Knight = Bucks 5 starters
    Paul + Knight = Nuggets 5 starters
    Paul + Knight = Raptors 4 starters

Morey has more problems than MDA.
    Raptors, Bucks and Nuggets are top 3 teams

7. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

8. macan

macan Member

what's Rudy Tomjanovich, Phil Jackson and Rick Adelman doing these days?

9. BigBum

BigBum Member

I watched almost all Raptors games this season. Get a young coach like Nick Nurse.
    Toronto Raptors head coach and offensive mastermind Nick Nurse has won at every stage of his career. Now he just needs to do it on the biggest one of them ...

MDA has 3 failures 2 successes
    F = Knicks, Lakers, Nuggets

10. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

trying figure if this is a troll post
    or just dumb

Rocket River

11. topfive

topfive CF OG

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Os Trigonum likes this.
  12. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

It's time to part ways with the owner ….

13. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

If his restaurants are a window into how he’ll treat his team I don’t think it’s the end of the world but yeah... winning will be secondary to the game experience and making money.

Steve Aoki said before about his father and his philosophy with Benihana was that people come for the show not for the food. That’s certainly what Tillman brings to his restaurants. You can tell that he certainly uses a lot of frozen and overly salty food items to keep costs and waste down. All of his restaurants just have that mediocre taste where it’s good but I’ve never had a meal that just tasted fresh and blew me away.

With his team I think he looks at Harden and CP3 and says that’s the show people will pay to see. But the fresh ingredients will probably be replaced with meh frozen cheap stuff. He won’t spend the full mid level for a Igoudala or Livingston. Even if Ariza was as good as people hype him up to be, he still would have let him walk.

I think that’s what I see in the type of owner Tillman will be. All the flare of a Benihana’s with frozen chicken and vegetables.

14. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

MDA has only one scheme, this is why he lost and lost in New York then LAL

15. BigBum

BigBum Member

It is a bad fit. Tilman wants to reduce the tax, and MDA wants to add depth. Adding MLE for depth needs money.

16. RoyalGuard

RoyalGuard Member

Shouldn't of purchased the team if he isn't gonna spend to win.

17. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I think you have to spend the MLE every year. Miami did it with the big 3. Golden State did it. It’s a must to continue to keep your core star players with talent and depth around them. I’m not sure who that player was this year worth it but regardless we needed him.

18. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Did you know that his servers cover ALL the costs of the employee's other than management? - They all contribute a percentage of their tips to cover the rest of the staff - busboys , hostesses …. and he doesn't pay them the $2.25hr that is a requirement for waitstaff *until they reach minimum wage via tips. They go over min wage and they don't get that paltry $2.25.

19. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

GM first before DA..if not, both...i’m concerned about player dev’t at ALL positions...not just tweener/undersized PFs..

20. HP3

HP3 Member

Alright, I officially hate him now. Whyd this broke dude buy the Rockets, why did Less sell it to him, he must not care at all.