1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

TV commercials that annoy the hell out of you

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by R0ckets03, Jun 14, 2016.

1. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

Scratch so small you could fix it with a pen commercial. If you could, why don't you?

#121 arkoe, Nov 27, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2018
  2. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I really really dislike the latest Diet Coke commercials. The ones with the catchphrase "Because I can." Most of them you could literally replace the words "diet coke" with "crystal meth" and the meaning of the commercial wouldn't change...

R0ckets03 likes this.
  3. theimpossibles1

Dude buys black truck for himself, red truck for his girl. She claims black truck and won't let him get a word in edgewise.

b****, the man just bought you a damn vehicle.

4. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

But she loves it.

5. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

That ad makes me want to scream loud enough to drown her out. Her voice pierces my eardrums.

Sajan and donkeypunch like this.
  6. Buck Turgidson

It's not that she's just so smoking hot (though I do have a thing for redheads), but she has this high voice that makes me want to make her squeal like a puppy with a chewtoy.

7. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Opposite: laugh every time with the Facebook portal commercial that has the kid with lice. The rubbing of the head on the couch, that whimsical goofy face and then sheepish "now the couch has lice" cracks me up.

8. Buck Turgidson

I do not know whose product this is for, the commercial is now played constantly, and every damn time I hear this all I can think of is NWA and me in 8th grade and Yo! MTV Raps and then the lyrics are stuck in my head for a few hours...

9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I am getting a bit tired of the commercial with the disabled kid winning the video game
    "HE'S GONNA DO IT!!"
    Quit trying to pull at my heartstrings. . . I'm trying to be a grinch
    That little dance at the end . .. . .. . "How about we play another game!"

It was cute at first
    but man do they play it like 50 times a day

Rocket River

theimpossibles1 likes this.
  10. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Everything by progressive insurance. I will never be a client of theirs just for their commercials

Jayzers_100 and arkoe like this.
  11. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

3 commercials (or ad campaigns) that are killing me right:

1) Nationwide: Peyton Manning and Brad Paisley are not funny, charming, or endearing. These commercials are painfully unfunny and I now sincerely doubt Nationwide's ability to adequately insure me.

2) Liberty Mutual: People standing on a fake pier/park in front of a green-screen picture of the Statue of Liberty. There's the guy that's in witness protection so you can't see his face, the moron that throws his wallet in the water to make a point, the biker with the big calves. Ugh... it's all so terrible. Again, this makes me trust or like your brand more, how?

3) Cadillac: Uses the Jessie J/Ariana Grande song "Bang Bang" and highlights the line: "You gotta booty like a Cadillac, but I can send you into overdrive..." The line makes no ****ing sense to begin with and even less so as an advertisement for a Cadillac.

theimpossibles1 likes this.
  12. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The Playoffs commercial with a bunch of football players singing "We Ready". All I an think is finishing the line "We Ready" with "for grammar".

mario_v likes this.
  13. marky :)

marky :) Member

Not tv but all these damn Tik Tok ads. It's just kids lip syncing to stupid **** for 10 seconds...

14. theimpossibles1

This has got to be the most irresponsible ad ive ever seen:

15. Buck Turgidson

Zero judgement?

Can I judge them anyway?

16. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

Free free free free free free free free free free free free free free free free free free free free free free free free free free free. Free free free free free free free free. Free free free free, free free, free free free free. Free free free free free free free free free free free free free free free free. Free FREE FREE FREE free free free.

17. Roscoe Arbuckle

This isn't an annoying commercial at all; quite the opposite: This was the first commercial that started the Huge Superbowl commercial trend way back in 1984. (in reference to George Orwell's "1984" classic where computers were running us.)

Torn n Frayed likes this.
  18. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Nothing compared to good ol Carl Jr, saw this bad boy multiple times during the Rockets game yesterday.

Brought to you by Carls JR

19. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

My wife keeps the tv on the Investigation Discovery channel pretty much all the time.

When they have a new show coming out they play the ad for it every single commercial break. I'm not exaggerating either. They play it every single time. It is incredibly annoying.

And the worst part is that they start it about a month in advance.

20. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Pelaton commercials. I see these ****ers every hour now. It's like the new Bowflex.