1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Titans @ Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Nov 20, 2018.

1. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

I have a son due any day. Please let him start off with a winning Texans team.

2. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Texans are pretty much assured to win all the tie breakers even with a loss in that game. Common opponents wise, Colts still have yet to play the Giants and Cowboys, while they did lose to the Jets and Eagles.

Being 2 games up at this stage is huge, and Pittsburgh having that one tie along with losing to Denver is also huge from the Texans standpoint.

Svpernaut likes this.
  3. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Temporary insanity on my part. You are correct.

I'm so glad Frank Reich went for it on 4th down. Texans are fortunate to have a two game lead.

esketit likes this.
  4. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Congrats. He can be born in the next month and hed still be starting off with a winning Texans team.

red5rocket likes this.
  5. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Miller becomes *only* player in NFL history with multiple 93+ yard TD runs.

Texans "only* team NFL History 0-3 --> 8-3

Bobbythegreat and Rudyc281 like this.
  6. Nimo

Nimo Member

*in O'Brien voice* we haven't done anything yet.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  7. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Congrats

red5rocket likes this.
  8. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

We thinking big lol

Thank you

Houstunna likes this.
  9. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Thank you

10. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

The Browns have tremendous talent all over the field, but Mayfield isn't a "cool" character like DW4. Baker plays with a chip on his shoulder, and out of anger more than he does out of passion for the game. So if you frustrate him early on, it is going to affect his game. Meanwhile, DW4 is literally unshakeable. The kid's attitude and approach is the same up 30 as it is down by 30, he has that Kobe mindset - he is going to ball out regardless.

Romeo is our secret weapon against QBs like Mayfield... and short of a marginal PI on Reid on the first drive, blown coverage by Honeybadger on the second drive, and a bad line by Hal late in the 3rd quarter (a player who has had very little work) - the Texans defensive backs played a tremendous game.

Mariota's passing numbers were not as impressive as they look on paper. He got 60+ yards in garbage time, and his yards per attempt were extremely bloated due to the two blown coverages by the Texans.

11. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Same could be said for Vrabel and the Titans last night.

One thing that was common in both instances.... the teams lined up to go for it, but the first attempt was to try and draw the defense off-sides. When it didn't work, they called timeout... but then came back out to run a play. \

Don't have any numbers to back this up, but it does seem that once a team does that... and fails to draw them off-sides.. the defense has a huge advantage if they come back on the field to run another play. They know they're not going to call another timeout at that point... and the defense can really pin their ears back and play aggressively.

It also seems like in both cases, the teams would have had more success if they had come to the line and ran a play... in both cases, I was more worried about that first attempt and catching the defense on their heels.

Granville likes this.
  12. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

It was definitely an improved offense yesterday. Like the use of play action and the limited Watson designed runs (like the TD run). It was unpredictable, Titans weren't ready for it. Watson was great and very accurate. Pass pro didn't look great but run blocking was. Let's hope they can keep it up.

Watson needs to just go down though instead of fighting for an extra yard.

Defense was very good as usual. Good to see Covington continuing to develop.

Jake Tower likes this.
  13. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

14. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Great win last night. I was worried about the emotional aspect. If you remember Week 1 from last year when I think many of us thought the emotions from Hurricane Harvey would propel the team to a win over the Jags...it worked horribly against the team. t*** got off to a start last night that was reminding me of that game in 2017...but that ended pretty quickly.

Covington was awesome. I liked seeing him come off the edge. That left tackle didn't know what hit him.

My only concern was that they took their foot off the pedal too early...and then got aggressive at the wrong time, putting Watson in harms way when the game was basically done.

I have tickets for the game this weekend. It's looking like it's going to be a better game than it did a few weeks ago. Should be fun! I thought there was a chance the Week 14 game vs the Colts had a chance to be flexed to Sun night...but they already show Rams v Bears and I doubt they'll change that. That could potentially be a division clinching game if the Texans win this week.

red5rocket and Mr. Clutch like this.
  15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I think one of the more positive things from yesterday was not only Watson's performance with no interceptions and 70 yards with his feet and a TD but that it looks like Demaryius Thomas is starting to fit into the offense better and better. That's a very positive sign moving forward especially if Coutee isn't seriously injured and he can return.

16. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Ant news on Clowney? Looked like he may have been injured on that Watt sack.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  17. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

#497 zeeshan2, Nov 27, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2018
  18. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So do Vrabel and BoB hate each other? I don't remember any friction when they were together on the same team, but if you watched the traditional handshake at midfield after the game last night, they didn't even look at each other, much less offer any words. Just a quick handslap and then both went off in other directions. Seems like some real bad blood has developed.

HstnSprtsFan101 likes this.
  19. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Something has gone on since Week 3.

That was some awkward shiiiiii

HstnSprtsFan101 likes this.
  20. HstnSprtsFan101

That was real awkward between the two. Weird. BOB was trying to run it up at the end too.