1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

CCTV: Yao beat Shaq by 3000 votes in ASG

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by lancet, Jan 23, 2004.

1. MFW2310

MFW2310 Contributing Member

2. scotia

scotia Contributing Member

13 billion chinese???:confused: funny! dont we only have 6 billion people on the earth?:p

3. aaaccchhhooo

aaaccchhhooo Member

are you SURE? cuz i swear i heard it during the knicks games by one of the tnt or espn..one of them.....commentator that Shaq beats Yao by 30,000 votes..and they also said that they asked Shaq about it..and Shaq says that Yao can start if he wants to

4. Relativist

Relativist Contributing Member

He meant 1.3 billion. Just forgot the decimal. Chinese count in ten-thousands rather than thousands.

5. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Glad to hear it. Yao has really stepped up his game since the new Year (Jan 1st) began.

6. room4rentsf

room4rentsf Contributing Member

This thread was actually pretty funny to read.. they gave the Rox and Yao some pretty nice props.. but this line was pretty funny and had me rolling..

"I gotta tell you though they have a good argument there.Shaq has'nt done much this season.Meanwhile Yao has been rolling along and, when Stevie and, his sister Cutino finally throw him the ball he makes things happen...

You might want to consider if Shaq deserves defending in this particular season... "

HAHAHA oh well time to sleep.

J

7. ssssvv

ssssvv New Member

damn, why did he have to mention hes chinese....
    and he is ashamed??? OMG
    plz just STFU, and dont ever come back to that forum

8. ayears

ayears Member

No!
    I heard Yao beat Shaq by 3600 votes ! :D

9. Deuce Rings

Deuce Rings Contributing Member

If this is true, expect Yao to get a very lukewarm reception from the Los Angeles crowd at the all star game. It will be interesting to see how Yao deals with it.

10. Friday

Friday Contributing Member

You aren't kidding.. check this one out!

11. RocketForever

RocketForever Contributing Member

Looks like Laker fans are more tolerant of a foreign poster's poor command of English. No one has make fun about it yet.

12. YaoFan

YaoFan Contributing Member

Definitely there are a number of YOFs there.

13. daniel-bfl

daniel-bfl Contributing Member

IMO, if the original post is true, there should be at least a link for the news. Anyway, CCTV is a National TV network for 1.3 billion people.

14. Absolut_RoxFan

Absolut_RoxFan Contributing Member

All I can say is, Yao better be starting for the all star game. I voted every single chance I could on every computer I saw. And for Stevie too. Damn all that work better pay off.