1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Brandon Knight?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets13champs, Oct 18, 2018.

1. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

I’m curious to see him play. He’s never played for a good team and a real coach. Mike D’Antoni makes guards better....most of the time.

2. bret_parrish

bret_parrish Member

shall we make a play for j.r. smith? maybe for knight and some of those future first round picks that we were ready to throw at butler's feet....maybe try for korver too? man, eric gordon's bowels will be gurgling and liquefying yet again if he goes back on the trading block...

3. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Please banish this idea out of your head.

MJ19, napalm06, Vivi and 8 others like this.
  4. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Man what? Lol no. No.

5. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

I just don’t get the fascination with J.R. Smith and to some degree Korver on this site.

6. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Neither do I. Save us from Smith! As for Korver, isn't he about 50 years old? I'll pass.

7. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Wtf...... multiple first round picks for someone who wouldn't even crack our 8 man rotation? Come on guy.....

MJ19, napalm06, BigShasta and 4 others like this.
  8. mugrakers

mugrakers Member

Is that you David Kahn?

napalm06, BigShasta and PhilCollins like this.
  9. bret_parrish

bret_parrish Member

ahh, well, i think j.r. smith would be an upgrade over ryan anderson and melo.....as a 9th or 10th man on the bench....a soul-mate brother to the other streak-shooter we have, gerald green.....of course, we could never get him to accept and mold into that role (had the same problem with melo).

i'm still haunted by the 27 straight missed threes in game 7. I love the 'moneyball moreyball' statistical analysis and the system of 3's and layups that we implement....but I think to pull off the whole shebang we're gonna need a higher 3 point field goal percentage (a la golden state). harden and gordon will end up going 2 for 12 on threes late in the playoffs....clark will come down with rookie-itis at some point....green will get a bit too manic, like the puppy dog that got into my cocaine (it don't lie, it don't lie) the other day and chunk up a bunch of crazy, fade-away 30 footers. now, i do trust paul and tucker to steadily knock down shots when it counts.....but we need another pure shooter. that's why i like korver. of course, redick would be gravy (our klay thompson) if we could get im'

napalm06 likes this.
  10. bret_parrish

bret_parrish Member

...i meant like 1 (or 2 at most) of those (weren't we gonna give 4 for butler?).....nobody is gonna take our trash on the bench (the michael carter williams and the rest) and we don't wanna think about trading gordon or tucker (unless it's for a star such as butler)....so if we're going all in this year, those picks will be used for whatever move we might make.

11. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Gerald Green has knuckle head tendencies but he isnt one at heart.. JR Smith was baptized as a knuckle head by a knuckle head. JR's default setting is "Damn N-gga that's f-cking silly.. wtf?" JR can shoot, but no matter how much he fights, he can't escape his dumbassery. I don't think GG should be put in the same bag as JR.

kjayp likes this.
  12. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

First Round picks, Butler, Gordon, and Tucker all in the same paragraph as JR Smith?

[​IMG]

BigShasta and BaselineFade like this.
  13. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Only blowout so far has been against the GSW.

14. bret_parrish

bret_parrish Member

i hear ya....on the other hand, golden state was able to use the shaqtin-a-fool professional mascot, javaaaaaaaaale mcgee, effectively......and they also knew when to bench his ass when the **** got real (western conference finals)....so i could envision a scenario where, on the margins, smith is a net-plus.

15. PhilCollins

PhilCollins Contributing Member

C’mon man - you cannot be serious

16. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

The Mustard Tiger has spoken.

17. BeardSanity

BeardSanity Member

dude stfu.... can clutchfans install a basic aptitude test for members.

18. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Let's not forget, Nick Young. You have a point there. But hell no for a first round pick.. that's silly!

BigShasta likes this.
  19. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Incorrect, we've been blown out more than once too.

20. topfive

topfive CF OG

Certain % of ClutchFans in August: Don't sign Melo! He's old and can't play defense!

Certain % of ClutchFans in November: Let's get Korver! He's still effective on offense!

skroodup25, Vivi and don grahamleone like this.