1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Where is Adrian Griffin?? Why don't we just cut him??

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheRockets#1fan, Jan 22, 2004.

1. TheRockets#1fan

What is the point of having Adrian Griffin on our team? He has never accomplished anything. You can make arguments about Mo Taylor when he was injured or suspended b/c he actually contributed to our team. I want Adrian Griffin to be cut. He is getting paid to wear nice suits and come to see Yao and Steve and the rockets play for free. I want us to kick that punk of our team. He hasn't even played a second on our team. I am not going to wait any longer. My patience is running out. The most he has done for our team is having that one commercial with cuttion and mo and steve about who is the biggest influencer on their life. Boki chose his brother, Mo chose his mom, francis chose his mom as well. I HATE ADRIAN GRIFFIN. HE IS AN UNDERACHIEVER.

2. CBrownFanClub

CBrownFanClub Contributing Member

Good luck in New Hampshire, Howard.

3. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

Ummm. He is injured right?

4. pariah

pariah Contributing Member

Of all the asinine accusations/assumptions/presumtions contained in this post, this is by far the most asinine (though the competition for the most asinine comment from that spewed was fierce)

5. eyeagainst

eyeagainst Contributing Member

We were waiting for him to get healthy, so we could showcase him, then trade him in a package for sheed wallace.

6. sjackson0

sjackson0 Contributing Member

Don't be r****ded all your life....

He's not hurt, he's injured...do you know what that mean?

Wow man....put down the Fruity Pebbles (Sugar Rush!!!!)

7. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

I'm wondering the same thing. What the hell is up with this guy? He's been out almost half the season and he's had a lot of the offseason to recover, didn't he? The guy had some good games in Dallas, it'd be great to see him on the court SOME time this year... :confused:
    It seems like everyone on the Rockets are keeping this quiet because no one ever talks about his progress or what he's been up to. Kind of strange.

8. Toast

Toast Member

You're probably one of those guys who thought Dream was faking his injury too, weren't you?

9. Life2Def

Life2Def Member

Hate is a strong word, but don't expect Adrian to be lighting up opponets. He's just here for some defense.

10. wrath_of_khan

wrath_of_khan Contributing Member

I take it the ones who are criticizing Adrian have never had to rehab after suffering a major sports injury.

11. OUTITAN

OUTITAN Member

Laugh, thats the exact question I had in mind when I logged on today. I finally got around to updating my rosters on NBA live 2004 when it occured to me that I couldn't remember seeing Adrian play a single minute all season. I log on and there my question is...

Then I read it and think, "What the hell?" Injuries take time to heal man. The Rockets have been looking pretty strong of late without him anyway.

I'm feeling pretty positive over the 'new' Yao Ming i've seen the last few games. Its true that these kids really do play better on tv by the way, win or lose they show a lot more energy.

If Griffen is still hurt, and thats ok, no reason to rush him out when Cat is finally starting to dish the ball a little. (maybe Mark J. is already having an effect on the young guns) Besides our defense is fairly stout right no so what we need is more consistant scoring. Getting Adrian's 5.5 ppg career avg back won't exactly take us to the next level anyway.

12. Sane

Sane Member

I think it's best we keep him rested till the playoffs come so he can carry us to the second round.

NOT.

Who cares, we're paying him the MINIMUM, and he wouldn't be playing much anyway. I'm actually thankful that JVG doesn't have him as a choice, this team is gettig TOO defensive.

13. sums41

sums41 Contributing Member

defense is the last thing that the rockets need at the moment, and defense is the only thing griffin brings to the team, so he might be hurt, who knows, but if he's not and he is just sitting on the bench, that's cuz we got too much defense.

14. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

If nothing else, AGriff's contract might be that little edge needed as a throw-in to some later trade.

Otherwise, he'll be back when he's back.

Or he'll stay on IR. There might be no place in the rotation for him.

15. rocksolid

rocksolid Contributing Member

Classic.

16. canoner2002

canoner2002 Contributing Member

Please change your user ID, OK?

17. feishen

feishen Member

Enlighten me

18. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

Is his absence from our team really hurting us? NO

Does a team cut a player with a guaranteed contract (that hasn't violated the law)? NO

19. SCOOTER T.

SCOOTER T. Contributing Member

It would be a good idea if the Rockets would stay away from any players with the name Griffin. Or just the letter G...

20. MLC1MGC2ALC3

MLC1MGC2ALC3 Member

This post would make more since if replace Griffin with Weatherspoon Baby Meechie ! :p