1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trade Deadline Assets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Da Wink, Jan 21, 2004.

1. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

I think our team's core is set for now. I think if we're going to make a move, our trade assets would be Pike,Spoon,Nachbar or Cato (only if we could get another backup for Yao)..It would be ok if we stay put but who do you think we can get in exchange for any one or any combination of these players?

2. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

Are you insane? Three in a row.:rolleyes:

3. MLC1MGC2ALC3

MLC1MGC2ALC3 Member

Houston trades: C Kelvin Cato (6.3 ppg, 8.2 rpg, 1.0 apg in 28.4 minutes)
    SF Bostjan Nachbar (3.2 ppg, 1.4 rpg, 0.7 apg in 11.6 minutes)
    Houston receives: PF Donyell Marshall (13.7 ppg, 8.9 rpg, 1.6 apg in 33.6 minutes)
    SF Morris Peterson (7.3 ppg, 2.7 rpg, 1.4 apg in 21.5 minutes)
    PF Jerome Moiso (1.2 ppg, 2.1 rpg, 0.1 apg in 8.1 minutes)
    Change in team outlook: +12.7 ppg, +4.1 rpg, and +1.4 apg.

Toronto trades: PF Donyell Marshall (13.7 ppg, 8.9 rpg, 1.6 apg in 33.6 minutes)
    SF Morris Peterson (7.3 ppg, 2.7 rpg, 1.4 apg in 21.5 minutes)
    PF Jerome Moiso (1.2 ppg, 2.1 rpg, 0.1 apg in 8.1 minutes)
    Toronto receives: C Kelvin Cato (6.3 ppg, 8.2 rpg, 1.0 apg in 39 games)
    SF Bostjan Nachbar (3.2 ppg, 1.4 rpg, 0.7 apg in 27 games)
    Change in team outlook: -12.7 ppg, -4.1 rpg, and -1.4 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

4. Toast

Toast Member

Trades aren't necessary to improve the team.

How about chemistry? Consistency? We have a good thing going. Lets build on it instead of destroying it.

5. Buck88

Buck88 Contributing Member

Rocekts assest are as follows:
    Yao - will not be traded
    Francis - will not be traded
    Cat - good contract and ability to score, is tradeable in the right deal
    J. Jackson - solid player with decent contract, can play 2 or 3, JVG player will not be traded
    Nachbar - young and cheap, still may have some untapped potential in some GM's eyes, very tradeable in a package deal
    Cato - great back-up center who is playing out of position at the 4, could be a decent starter in the East, huge contract makes him almost untradeable

Those are the only players the Rockets have who will draw any interest from other teams.

6. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

according to a post made recently by someone who I dont remember at the moment...this is not true.

according to the research of salaries for starting and backup centers across the league..

Cato is squarely in the middle of the pack as far as salaries go.

and considering his much higher level of play defensively and the prescense he brings in the paint....he is not untradable by any stratch of thr imagination.

what you just stated is a commonly repeated myth by those who dont know the actual numbers.

7. Buck88

Buck88 Contributing Member

I must have missed the post you are mention. If I'm wrong then I should have wrote it differnelty. It should look like this:

Cato - back-up center who is playing out of position at the 4, could be a decent starter in the East, long-term contract of an very average starting center who has only showed the desire to play inspired basketball for about a season and a half is not desirable by most teams, offensive game is limited to the dunk, would likely only get another bad contract in return

8. HeyDude

HeyDude Contributing Member

What 2K said is not registering is it? If u have watched ANY of the games this year, it is VERY evident he is the most ready out of any Rocket this year. To be honest, he is our pulse right now (yeah, i know, imagine saying that last year:eek: ). Coming in strong on our D? Better get ready to be either rejected or sent to the floor hard! He is the muscle to Yao/Mo that we needed last year. w/o him, u think we could've survived the Eddie ordeal? no way. w/o him, Cat would've been traded already to get other muscleman.

And u r not getting it Buck. U can get decent value for an average center w/ solid D and rebounding skills. U dont think he can avg. 10 boards and 2.5 blocks a game in the East? How good would he look in a team like NJ Net? or Celtics? or Bucks? Even Minnesota and Seattle can use him.

Look, if freaking Lafrentz can bring u Walker, i'm sure Cato can fetch u something. :cool:

9. goophers

goophers Member

Cato's played well for long enough now to be considered a tradeable commodity that other GM's would want. He has a big contract, but the contract is not out of line when compared to other NBA big men that aren't nearly as good as he is.