1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Nba cheated the players and the fan.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets4lf, Nov 1, 2018.

1. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Sure those scandals happened. Please point out the one the league actively participated in.

2. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

We’re all going down a very slippery slope with this topic. Almost to the point where one could wonder what one is doing on sports site

Swiss Roll likes this.
  3. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

This is why we have a terrible fan base. If they don't get the finals you aren't going to watch anymore?

I have pretty much been watching for the past 25+ years . Sometimes they are good sometimes they are bad, but I am still going to watch.

tmoney1101 and The Hunted like this.
  4. Swiss Roll

Swiss Roll Member

I find it absolutely hilarious how RocketsTruth's rigged finals prediction numerology was completely wrong yet everyone here still came out of that WCF with the knowledge that the NBA is a rigged league, with championships doled out by jersey sales, not talent and performance.

5. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

So...since the league is so scandalous and underhanded and cheats and is rigged, why do you bother watching?

6. jcf

jcf Member

Kind of.

7. smitheygerard

smitheygerard Member

Yeah she isn't as thicc as I would like but her face and smile makes up for it. I'd hit.

Tfor3 likes this.
  8. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Classic Seinfeld

Alba is a doll and she'll fill in nicely as she ages without losing leanness (presumably). The old saying goes, "marry them thin and they'll fill out nicely". Not that there's anything wrong with full figured women. I love that look too ;)

9. smitheygerard

smitheygerard Member

Bc when I'm not watching Baseball, Football, or World Cup, I still want to watch sports. Golf is only one tournament a weekend during season, and UEFA Champions League is the only soccer non-World cup that interests me for the most part.

I love the Rockets. I simply just hate the NBA. I hate David Stern. And I think Adam Silver is a greedy mofo and a genius, but in 25 years if we find out he takes handouts from Steve Wynn, Kirk Kerkorian, or Sheldon Adelson I won't be surprised. So that's why.

MJ19, jcf and Tfor3 like this.
  10. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Not to mention those ****ers murdered Pac and big

11. hakeemthagreat

Until somebody speaks out it'll keep happening

12. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

And to make it more obvious after enforcing the new movement rule they forced bzdelik to retire to make the path clearer for the worriers...****ing illuminati

The Hunted likes this.
  13. Rock Block

Rock Block Sorta here sometimes
    Supporting Member

I’ve been watching the Rockets for 40 years, since I was 8 years old, Malone, Reid, Lucas, Rudy T first memories I have and I think we can all agree we’ve had some unfortunate breaks/luck through the years BUT last year was hard to stomach.

The non-calls in game 7 were so obvious that Weber was aghast, the Harden 4pt reversal, Gordon getting hacked over and over yet GS were still getting all the ticky-tack calls inside combined with hitting their shots BUT I still have a hard time saying it’s rigged but the NBA certainly didn’t help their reputation any.

I would’ve much preferred to have lost that game 7 that was evenly called, back and forth, ya know like game 5 of the WS last year....

14. The Hunted

The Hunted Member

I'm 39 and only a lilltle dnruk, so I stand by my post. Quit making excuses. The Rockets weren't good enough.

15. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

I stand by my argument that if the Warriors WERE in fact good enough, why did they need the refs to help them??

MJ19 likes this.
  16. threepointshot3

0-27 from the 3 pt Line .. missed 27 straight threes bro

bmelo and The Hunted like this.
  17. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

A lead official being sent to prison after being investigated by the FBI for fixing games hurt exactly 0% of the NBA.

They swept that under the rug and got away with that without a blip.

Do y'all believe corruption was completely wiped out from behind the NBA curtain when one ref went to prison?

#78 Downtown Sniper, Nov 1, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2018
    fckbandwagons likes this.
  18. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

No, we didn't.

You'd think Houston fans of all people would know that is just what the narrative was, and not what actually played out on the court.

MJ19, Richie_Rich and fckbandwagons like this.
  19. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

just face it, ever since that 73 win team added KD, they became unbeatable. Now to make things worse, they go and added Cousins on a min contract