1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] Star Wars: Han Solo Origin

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, May 9, 2016.

1. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Torn n Frayed likes this.
  2. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I've been wanting this movie for over a decade now, but I don't think it will ever happen. Vader is the most compelling character in the entire Star Wars universe, not sure why no one seems to want to make a movie about him hunting Jedi between III and IV. Yes, his scenes in R1 were awesome....but they were all for less than a minute.

justtxyank likes this.
  3. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Wait. People want to see Vader actually kill a Jedi besides and old guy that quit? I don't buy that.

4. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

But is there anything else there to it? A movie just about him hunting jedi doesn't really stand on its own... there has to be some sort of internal conflict experienced, or maybe they delve a little more into his health issues?

I thought the rouge one cameo was actually a little underwhelming... yes, the end scene was great, but the dialogue scenes weren't all that compelling, which leads me to suspect that this character alone can't carry an entire movie.

Now, a buddy flick with the emperor and Vader... that may be worth it, and likely necessary for him to have some sort of supporting character.

5. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

"Vader, that cough... it has such... force. I think you need a 2nd opinion. "

<cut to scene in waiting room w Vader putting down copy of Cosmo magazine and looking at his watch.>

Yung-T and mikol13 like this.
  6. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Yep... probably wouldn't be too compelling.

Plus they'd have to figure out what he looks like without the mask... I mean, he 'should' still look like Hayden Christensen, or maybe they age him some and just go with a new actor.

In the end, Vader was basically the muscle. He wasn't much of a strategist. He didn't really formulate complicated plans like Palpatine set forth in motion from episode I. He created fear by using threats and force chokes to get what he wanted.

Also, for being 2nd in command, he seemed to have to handle a ****-ton of stuff personally. He had to go personally to find the stolen plans. He had to personally fly his own ship to try and stop the first attack on the death star. He had to go personally to find the rebel's hidden base. He had to lead the expedition to find the Millennium Falcon. He had to go personally to set the trap for Skywalker, while personally interviewing every well known bounty hunter.. He actually didn't do much task-work in ROTJ (he tells the death star crew to step it up because the emperor is coming there.... then he meets the emperor there... then he goes down to Endor to meet Luke... then he goes back to the death star with him to stand next to the emperor... before the final fight scene).

For a Galatic Empire... it seems they don't have a whole lot of buffers.

Blatz and B-Bob like this.
  7. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

Vader micromanaging and needs to delegate more?

Yung-T, mikol13 and B-Bob like this.
  8. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Did you know Vader actually invented vaping? ;)

BruceAndre likes this.
  9. Buck Turgidson

Chewbacca eats the Porgs has potential.

10. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Micromanaging? Or the emperor didn’t trust anybody else?

Maybe that is why he turned against him. Had nothing to do with having “good” vs dark side. He was just tired of being the entire empire’s workhorse.

#290 Nick, Oct 27, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2018
    Blatz likes this.
  11. ryan17wagner

ryan17wagner Member

It’s been covered in Star Wars Rebels which takes place before Rogue One. The Inquisitors hunt down any remaining Jedi. In the Vader comics, which are cannon. He has to hunt down a Jedi and kill him for his kyber crystal to create this own light saber.

12. ryan17wagner

ryan17wagner Member

And many more clips of the Grand Inquisitor and the other inquisitors, Fifth Brother and Seveth Sister.

13. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Do Grand Admiral Thrawn already...

Yung-T likes this.
  14. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Rebels was awesome, but it was a cartoon....

Master Baiter likes this.
  15. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Sorry to repost, but if some of y'all missed this, you'll be glad I did.

ChrisP, DFWRocket, Blatz and 2 others like this.
  16. Buck Turgidson

"The fastest distance between 2 points is actually a zigzag through cosmic chaos inhabited by a giant space squid...A Star Wars Story"

B-Bob likes this.
  17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

It was not so much BAD as it was unnecessary

Rocket River

18. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Contributing Member

I'm 100% with you. I want a whole movie of Vader just wrecking ****. I still get a chub every time I see his freaking lightsaber ignite during "the scene" in Rogue One.

19. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I only want a Vader movie if Hayden Christensen reprises the role and talks about how sand is course while getting everywhere. ;)

BruceAndre, B-Bob and Torn n Frayed like this.
  20. PhiSlammaJamma

Hayden went off on those rebels. He's bad ass. That might be my favorite scene of all time in Star Wars next to the sunset and Yoda's reveal.

1. Hoth Battle
    2. Sunset
    3. I'm your father
    4. Yoda reveal
    5. Vader killing rebels

Fletch likes this.