1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TV Show] What are you watching?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by jsingles, Jul 23, 2016.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

They made Archie, Ronny, Betty and Jughead dark.

DreamShook likes this.
  2. HP3

HP3 Member

Is anyone watching Castlevania, the show is absolutely great, I love it.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I saw the recent Episode of MIDNIGHT TEXAS - I think I need to take it off my DVR
    Van Helsing is holding on by a string

Manifest has my interest for now .. . but it will probably be cancelled like FLASH FOWARD

Rocket River

4. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Bodyguard on Netflix is very good.

DreamShook and bobmarley like this.
  5. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

Really enjoyed Bodyguard too. The one I have been liking right now is The Romanoffs on Amazon Prime. Very interesting premise and a great cast each episode.

6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I is on my list. . . . honestly there is alot of great TV out there

Had no heard of the Romanoffs

ROcket River

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Off the top of my head, sounds like an oligarch family.

bobmarley likes this.
  8. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

Sarcasm?

9. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

A year late and a dollar short but ..

I binge-watched The Tick over the weekend. Not great but both fun and enjoyable.

#229 No Worries, Oct 30, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2018
  10. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Contributing Member

We were pretty excited about Season 3 since we enjoyed Seasons 1&2 so much but this season has been pretty slow for us. It isn't the worst but it has really dragged.

I just finished all of Bosch which I liked an awful lot. Season 1 was kind of slow but it picks up quite a bit after that. It doesn't hurt that I have read all of the books in the Bosch world and they are some of my favorites.

I am now almost through Season 1 of Sneaky Pete and I really like it.

11. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

It's crazy this show is getting good ratings. The Crossing on ABC was almost exactly like Manifest that was canceled over the summer on ABC. I think it was better too. Flash Forward was better... Even The Event was better.

Rocket River likes this.
  12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Still interesting but not majorly so . .. . . .

Still trying with The Arrow but Felicity becomes a worse actress day by day

Rocket River

13. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Yeah, after boycotting Manifest for being a derivative of canceled ABC offering The Crossing, I decided to watch more of the show. It isn't that bad. The drama is good, but the drama comes from these characters being gone for 5 years, not the scifi element of WHY they were gone for 5 years. I HATE when network shows do this! They use the scifi element as a McGuffin to move the plot.. You can tell they are never going to tell us where this damn plane went or what it means. They have 100+ people on the manifest to serialize the plot! They have already had a stowaway that wasn't on the manifest to draw this out! Full disclosure I'm 2 episodes behind.. I really miss LOST. LOST, on network TV, went full on nutty with the scifi ridiculousness and it was a hit.

I've watched every episode of Arrow and it is definitely getting boring. 88% of my interest in the show was back shots of Felicity. They have significantly reduced the booty shots and now I'm starting to lose interest.

#Neverforget Felicity has a phatty.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#233 DreamShook, Nov 13, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2018
    Rodman23 likes this.
  14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

That is all she gots. . . her acting is weird now . .she does that strained stressed christian bale batman voice .. . it is stupid
    The ending of the last episode is just stupid . . . too much

Manifest is slowly exploring the reasons behind THE EVENT but no real hits of HOW

Rocket River

15. conquistador#11

watching 'maniac'. I'm in the middle of episode 5 . don't know why I'm watching. I think because I liked the first 2 episodes when the episodes weren't the adventures they were having under that drug.

Rocket River likes this.
  16. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

My buddy turned me on the Schitt's Creek on Netflix. Apparently it is a Canadian show that was picked up by Netflix, and it is pretty hilarious. It was created by Eugene Levy (Splash!, American Pie) and his son... his daughter also has a role in the show. It isn't anything groundbreaking, but it is an easily digestible comedy to unwind with.

17. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I love the show. Chris Elliot is also in it. As is Catherine O'Hara who is not only one of the funniest people alive on the planet she's an incredible actress. The choices she makes for her character in the show are amazing to watch. It never dawns on me that a ton of people haven't been watching it.

Svpernaut likes this.
  18. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

Catherine O'Hara is awesome, and her character in this show reminds me a lot of her great role in the movie Orange County. I'm actually most impressed with the David and Stevie characters. I was pretty shocked to find out the actor who plays David is Eugene Levy's son Dan. He plays the role prectly too, and I like that they played the family somewhat charming with only hints of being shallow. They could have taken the easy road and just played it the easy way with the typical "rich out of touch people." Even the Alexis character has her redeeming qualities, which at first thought would be tough to pull off.

I'll be perfectly honest, I've never really liked Chris Elliot for whatever reason... which I guess is a testament to his ability to play the annoying guy. Even with that, he's won me over a few times in the show... and one of the best comebacks in TV history with "I've heard of that, that's sex with cookware" in regards to "pansexual."

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  19. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes, and Levy's son also does writing/directing/and I think producing on the show as well. The whole cast works well together. I agree with pretty much everything you've said about it.

20. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Homecoming (Julia Roberts). Amazon

While it doesn't live up to the rave reviews I've seen posted, the stellar cast and acting carry this show farther than it should go. It's more than just Julia Roberts (though she is very good in this role). Bobby Cannavale, Shea Whigham, Stephan James (who I've never heard of before but has a very bright future ahead of him), Sissy Spacek all completely nail it. Having ten 30-min episodes was also a great decision. Each was self-contained and potent enough to be appropriate.

The premise is not fresh at all but the cast and execution were 10/10. These and the 30-min length are why I didn't stop after 3-4 episodes.

7/10

This is the second Amazon series I've watched. Jack Ryan was better.