1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Update: Minny Turns down Houston’s offer for 4. First rounders

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets13champs, Oct 28, 2018.

1. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Ryan Anderson still killing this team lol....

Had to trade him for trash and of course no one wants those trash even with 4 1st round picks.

Ryan has single handily been killing Rockets championship dreams season after season. :(

Vivi, Jontro, pippendagimp and 4 others like this.
  2. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

My understanding (based on the article) was that by signing an extension he could only get a limited increase - vs he could re-sign at the end of his contract for any amount - presumably based on whatever his far market value is at the time...

"Gordon is in the third season of a four-year, $52 million contract. Because the Rockets are over the salary cap they would be limited to the amount they can offer in an extension. They can offer a raise worth as much as 120 percent of his $14 million salary in the 2019-20 season with as much as eight percent raises in each of the next three seasons.

That sort of contract extension would begin at $16.8 million, though Gordon could potentially attract larger offers from the Rockets or other teams as a free agent."

i cant fault him for wanting to ensure he maximizes his earning potential... i read it as he wants to be here - but is not going to sell himself short...

sidenote, when his contracts expires we could utilize Bird rights to circumvent the cap and pay him fair market value - as opposed to the limited raises an extension allows...

#82 kjayp, Oct 28, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2018
  3. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

One thing one should note. If we don’t get Jimmy this week it’s most likely we never get him. If Minnesota is going to wait this long it would make more sense they wait it out all the way to December when so many different packages come into play.

Lakers for example would only have to trade one young player in December and can use salary filler then.

hakeem94 likes this.
  4. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

My dream is Greek Freak or Kawhi, but those teams are starting out on fire.

5. amaru

amaru Member

That could be the signing that ends up ruining the Harden era

Jontro, dc rock and Zboy like this.
  6. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No one is going to give much value to a one-year rental who is going to bolt at the end of the year.

4 picks is amazing, if the T-wolves don't take that, they are stupid. If they want Gordon and no picks they are stupid. 4 picks can be traded to other teams for good players. Yet they rather have Gordon so they can lose in the first round and not get better.

What is Thibs thinking.

BigMaloe, D-rock, DonKnock and 3 others like this.
  7. basketballholic

Paul Clifton Anthony George

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

George Herbert Walker Bush. He can dribble from his wheelchair.

9. Whenitsover

Whenitsover Member

Dude, we all know okc has no interest dealing with morey. This one is not going to stick to the wall. Not even for 6 first rounders

BigMaloe, Deuce, DonKnock and 3 others like this.
  10. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

Tobias

#90 studogg, Oct 28, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2018
  11. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

I think a lack scouts, knowledgeable scouts are missing inside the Rockets Organization to determine who is going to be great and who is isn't especially in drafts. Does Tillman Fertitta hire more scouts and inform Morey, can Morey trust his scouts and select better talent. Excluding Clint Capela in the First Round. Daryl does not know how to draft, especially in the 1st Round. The lack of Talented Young players are missing.

12. basketballholic

Tell me......who is going to give more for George than 4 firsts and cap relief?

The Thunder have a lot of interest in escaping the luxury tax and rebuilding on the fly if they are out of the playoffs in February.

hakeem94 and Rokman like this.
  13. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

We can put no protection on one of those 4 picks, 2025 one, which should help wolves. No need to ship Gordon. I wish Knight was playing though. Him still in street clothes makes his trade value nil.

14. 13BeardsIN1

13BeardsIN1 Member

Thanks for the info...For reason, I was thinking about Bradley Beal would you said DM was trying to entice other teams.

DonKnock and joshuaao like this.
  15. alethios

alethios Member

All things considered, we should have kept him and taken a chance that Melton would be a defensive factor for us this season. The thing about Ryno is that he spreads the floor when his shot is on. I haven't seen anything in Melo to convince me that he's a significant upgrade over Ryno. What we got back in return for the Ryno trade is not serviceable and apparently not tradeable.

Little Bit, Game7 and hakeem94 like this.
  16. walangjo

walangjo Member

Hmmm. Or Otto Porter maybe? Seems like better fit (Ariza but younger and better). Although gigantic salary though.

plutoblue11 likes this.
  17. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Well it looks like they'll have to do the best with what they got. Time to get Knight and Chriss on point with the team. They could make it work if they really wanted it to.

18. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

You think its only 20 mil in luxury tax? You must not understand the position the Rockets are in.

19. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

We must have been on same telepathic wave length, because I was thinking the same thing. Who could use a lot of draft picks and should blow up their team? Love would give us the rebounding we so sorely need and he's able to stretch the floor and post up. He's no defensive stud, but maybe some other parts coming could help fill those needs. Oh, and I think he fits into that star/starish category Cod was referring to.

Plowman and Ramo$e like this.
  20. 13BeardsIN1

13BeardsIN1 Member

Well Codman said Star-ish and Otto doesn't fit the bill. The Sixers could use EG, I would love RoCo and Saric