1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

CNN evacuated after discovery of bomb

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by justtxyank, Oct 24, 2018.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Do you have some evidence that isn't the case? Until then quit spewing your nonsense. There is no point to start this crap until you have some evidence.

cml750, John Oliver and MojoMan like this.
  2. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

A non-partisan lens would be not assuming anything at this point. That is not what I have been reading in this thread this far.

3. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I haven't spewed any nonsense or suggested who the criminal was or with which political side they were aligned. Your post doesn't make any sense in relation to anything I've posted on the matter.

AleksandarN likes this.
  4. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

Or maybe, just maybe, the Presidents' fans take him seriously when he attacks CNN.

5. John Oliver

John Oliver Member

What conspiracy? I'm forming a hypothesis based on the current data. There are a heck of a lot fake hate crimes out there. I mean, sure, it could be a crazy right winger but what would he be so mad about with Trump winning SO MUCH lately (2/9 supreme court justices confirmed in less than 2 years(!))?

Meanwhile, it's the left who are literally harassing and shooting(!) democratically elected Republicans.

cml750 and MojoMan like this.
  6. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

Then you and I are reading different threads.

I see more liberal concern with the facts, the safety of those involved, and the developments of the case.

I see the majority of conservative concern focused on propaganda and politics.

JuanValdez likes this.
  7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Drooling all over someone for suggesting a legitimate possibility without any evidence against that possibility is nonsense.....and that's what you were doing.

cml750 and John Oliver like this.
  8. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Important distinction is that throughout history when the left organized anything violent (see European Antifa movement pre ww2), it immediately gets used to further more power to the right, or the autocrat looking for a way to propogate support for that.

Yes... political terrorism and violence can occur from any side. It’s also possible this was a left wing false flag operation carried out by some nut.

But 99.9% of Democrats and left wing activists with half a brain and an ounce of knowledge of history know that it would be incredibly counter productive to ever do a false flag opp or carry out a terrorist act to try and further the Democratic agenda that’s core message is PROGRESS.

9. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Well, Trump has been winning, but he's still been whining about what a victim he is. He's a victim of a witch hunt. He's a victim of the mean ol' mainstream media. He's a victim Democrats colluding with Russia. He's always a victim. That's what he says.

Trump celebrates violence while his crowds cheer for him. The right has murdered people, sucker punched protestors etc.

Whoever did it, put the lives of postal workers and law enforcement at risk as well. Not just CNN and Democratic politicians.

I'm not claiming it was the right. I'm just pointing out that the 'evidence' for your hypothesis is full of holes.

The idea that it was the left trying to garner sympathy and for the left and create anger at the right is pure conspiracy theory until there is some evidence to support the idea.

Better to just let the investigation run its course.

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

and 99.9% of Republicans and right wing activists with half a brain would realize that sending bombs to high profile Democrats and Democrat organizations like CNN 2 weeks before an election would only harm Republicans....which is an especially odd thing to do when all the polls show that the momentum is going all the way of the Republicans. In fact something like this was just about the only thing that could help Democrats salvage the midterms.....so there's plenty of reason to suspect it was a crazy person from either side.

11. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Epic Fail! Better luck next time.

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'll take that as you admitting that you were wrong and you saying that you'll try to do better in the future.

Good talk.

cml750 likes this.
  13. dobro1229

Bombs were confirmed real and live by all the authorities. Just imagine if you were a libtard Obama lover and there was even a 2% chance your actions to help the left accidentally killed Michelle or Barack. Why would a leftist take that chance?

Still... I’m certainly not ruling out a flase flag attempt. This seems to be there to send a message more than do mass carnage unless this bomb maker is just really bad or a complete neophyte to bomb making which could very well be the case with a deranged old person. We will just have to see who they arrest to get a sense of motive.

Right now though, what’s obvious is how counter productive this would be for a leftist to try.

14. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

LOL. Feel free to think that.

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I absolutely will so long as you stop drooling on people in this thread for mentioning legitimate possibilities that you can't disprove in any way.

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It would only be counter productive if they were caught in the next 2 weeks. If they get away with it longer than that, it's a win for them. What's obvious is that no matter when or if they are caught, it's always counter productive for a right winger to do this right before an election that the Republicans are set to do very well in.

cml750 likes this.
  17. IVFL

IVFL Member

I think it was Bobbythe great that did it. I have no proof but will beieve so until proven wrong. He is always complaining about the people targeted and has a beef with cnn. I have motive. He also loves agents of chaos proven by his profile pic. Trying to emulate???? I now have motivation. Prove me wrong on a message board where I can just say you are lying over and over again.

18. dobro1229

If 99.9% from either side agree that they do not benefit from doing this than that probably indicates a higher possibility than we are talking about of foreign interference. Who benefits the most when there is a terrorist attack that further divides Americans?

19. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Why do you think individuals who send explosives to politicians are rational?

Do you really want to play this game?

I don't see any self aware liberal dressing up in all black with a mask on running around rioting and sucker punching individuals thinking they are helping their cause.

In fact they are playing right into the narrative of GOP politicians. Therefore, they must be all false flaggers right?

In fact we at the very least have some evidence that a large portion of the antifa noise is false flag with the many articles about fake antifa social meida accounts posting absurd statements.

Also, the risk vs opportunity cost in being the target of an FBI manhunt for terrorism seems far less likely to not have sincere intent than when you take into account the opportunity cost with sucker punching an individual in a mask and running away.

#139 fchowd0311, Oct 24, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2018
  20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Nah, I'm fine with you embarrassing yourself by saying this.

Yeah but it's not really true when it comes to left wing activists. Assuming they can get away with it for 2 weeks, they could potentially revive the blue wave that was failing. There's literally no benefit under any circumstances for a right wing activist to do this 2 weeks before the midterms.

Now foreign interference is also a strong possibility. If chaos is what you are looking for, and that's apparently what the "Russian bots" have always been about, you pull this off and you get plenty of chaos. So for them it's win-win.

Basically the only scenario that is lose-lose is for a right wing activist, if it ends up being one of them then you have to assume that they are REALLY dumb on top of being crazy.So in short, left wing activist makes sense, foreign power trying to cause chaos makes sense, right wing activist.....makes no sense and would have to be a complete moron on top of being crazy.

cml750 likes this.