1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can former Rocket Eric Gordon and the Suns bounce back against the Timberwolves? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[Offical] Astros vs. Red Sox ALCS

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Oct 10, 2018.

1. John Harvey

John Harvey Member

We can definitely win tomorrow. All we gotta do is win game 6 and then anything can happen.

:/

2. CapelaOnlyFan

CapelaOnlyFan Member

It's only game 4. Stros got this

3. John Harvey

John Harvey Member

It's going to come down to whether or not we can not blow the game in the 1st inning too

WhoDatStrosfan likes this.
  4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

What an incredibly frustrating game.

whiskeyred likes this.
  5. Aceshigh7

Aceshigh7 Contributing Member

This is a lame comment. Firstly, they haven't "completely outplayed" the Astros at all.

Secondly, I for one don't take playoff appearances for granted, especially League Championship Series appearances. There will be plenty of time to "not stress about baseball". There are fans of 26 other teams that would love to be stressing about baseball right now.

6. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

sale apparently has an illness so price is going on short rest

sale will probably pitch game 6 though

7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Well, I guess it works the same then.

We get it to game 7...anything can happen, we know that more than any other team. They are used to playing with their backs against the wall, hopefully, it gets something out of them.

8. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

I must say, if anybody says "Jackie Bradley Jr" out loud tomorrow near me, I might instinctively punch them in the face.

It felt like the commentators said his name every 30 seconds. And not even "Jackie" or "Bradley". They said his full name every time.

BigM likes this.
  9. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Yeah and last year I’m sure they would have preferred Dodgers vs. Yankees but they didn’t rig it against us... the MLB isn’t rigged, it was just a tough call.

Now do I think it was the wrong call? Yes!
    Am I mad about it? Yes!

But the MLB isn’t rigged.

10. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Well he has been pretty damn deadly this series.

11. BackdoorHarden

MLB is rigged. Joe West working for Sox.

MLB wants LA versus Boston. They don't want midwest Astro/Brewers WS

RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGGED $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

12. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

They have out executed us, plain and simple. 'Stros haven't executed pitches when needed, and they've seemingly made every big defensive play. Need to shut them down with JV and Cole and hope we get a chance to steal it in G7.

13. BackdoorHarden

If we don't come back, this will go down with Buckner and Bartman, even though it clearly wasn't interference. It was a damn HR, but Joe West will turn this into a Bartman / Buckner moment

seclusion likes this.
  14. TheresTheDagger

If MLB is gonna penalize teams for fans reaching for HR balls that are "potentially playable" by an outfielder, then they'd better think about moving seats back far enough they have ZERO chance of fan interference. Otherwise, this won't be the last Jeffrey Maier, Steve Bartman, Jose Altuve play we will see in HUGE playoff games.

Its inconceivable to me that I can think of 3 instances where a fan made such a huge difference in a professional sports playoff game. I can't think of a single other instance in any other sport where this is the case.

seclusion likes this.
  15. Marteen

Marteen Member

At least Sale isn’t pitching the next game.

16. WhoDatStrosfan

Oh I don’t think it’s rigged either. If I insinuated that then my apologies.
    I just think all of the close calls are going against us. Is what it is.
    Like I said, we are hitting their batters walking them and all the passed balls too. Those are on us. Can’t do that against this team.

17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Funny thing is even Pedro says that it was a HR.

All that junk he said after that was irrelevant. It was a HR, at worst, Altuve had a double.

How they go from HR to "He would have caught the ball," was supreme BS. First of all, they have no idea if Mookie closed his glove on his own or if the fan did it. It's entirely possible that he couldn't see the ball and thus closed it before the ball hit his glove...it's also entirely possible that the fan closed his glove (Which is irrelevant anyway since he reached over the fence) point being, they had no idea if he was going to catch the ball. None. It was an extremely difficult catch to make, credit to Mookie Butts for being in the right place to make the play, who knows if he actually would have made the play though...except for Joe West of course.

18. TheresTheDagger

"....as the ball WENT OVER.......

JayGoogle and desihooper like this.
  19. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

My point is, how does Joe Freaking West make the determination from his vantage point in real time that it was interference?! It was, at best, inconclusive on the replay (even though I think the ball and fan were on the HR side of the wall), and so his call "stood" and was not "confirmed.". I wish the Astros should have protested the game from that point..... Then to have the two catches in the ninth (Reddick and Benintendi), unreal. That ball gets by Benintendi, and the Astros walk off Kimbrel.

Hank McDowell and JayGoogle like this.
  20. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

how do people believe the fans crossed over the wall is mindboggling to me especially with this depth perception picture

mookie doesn't even know the rule. he's just focused on the hitting the glove aspect, not jumping over the wall