1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Rockets have eyes on Jimmy B

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Sep 18, 2018.

1. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

They both have similar stats, with PG leading in a couple more.

3. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

FFS, can he come to the Rox already.

4. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

You guys. I just went on NBA 2K19 My League and forced a trade of Eric Gordon, Marqueese Chriss (I know that wouldn't work) and two 1st round draft picks for Jimmy Butler. I did not include Tucker because he is off the table! I then adjusted MCW's rating from 69 to 75 (without touching his shooting because it's garbage). I changed Butler to a small forward and changed Tucker from a small forward/power forward to a power forward/center. I proceeded to simulate the entire season.

The results: The Rockets finished a game ahead of the Warriors at 61 wins and went on to win the Championship (defeating the Boston Celtics in 5). Using this very scientific method I have concluded that Durrell Morrhee should trade for Jimmy.

For more of this kind of insight, sign up for my newsletter!

#6284 Williamson, Oct 12, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2018
  5. Vivi

Vivi Member

Morey needs to give up Zhou Qi and seal the deal.

joshuaao, JuNx, DonKnock and 3 others like this.
  6. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

Of all the stuff he said, something about "I viewed 'Sota as mine" is gold to me. I can't count the number of times I've thought how exhausting it was to add the first two syllables to the word Minnesota and reflected "there has to be a less taxing way of spitting out that state's name. My mind and body can't take having to say that particular 4 syllable word ever again. Delaware - no problem, Wisconsin - I'm good, California - piece of cake". Now I have my answer thanks to KG - freaking 'Sota. Now, the zero times per year I actually have to say Minnesota, I won't have to take a 45 minute nap. Or better yet, I won't forget what I was talking about because it took me .00002 of a second to say Minne.

What's even better, is that 'Sota, doesn't even sound cool or street. It will probably make me sound even whiter and non-hip than I already am!!!!

"I never requested a trade because I viewed 'Sota as mine," said Garnett, who has a contentious relationship with current Wolves owner Glen Taylor. "I built this house. I'm not leaving this god damn house. You can get the f--- up out of here. You don't like it, then leave. ... I never asked for a trade because I never wanted to be traded."

Y2JT and malakas like this.
  7. J.R.

J.R. Member

8. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Dude no

9. studogg

It's sarcas bro.

peleincubus likes this.
  10. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

I thought this was supposed to get done by today??????????????????????

DonKnock likes this.
  11. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

If yall have a problem with his body language during that interview you're part of the problem. These reporters arent asking anything but questions in reference to Jimmy Butler. He didnt want to talk about Jimmy Butler. The reporters then ASK him what HE wants to talk about. He clearly says he wants to talk about the game that night and the upcoming season. They didnt ask how his game has improved. They didnt ask how the team has improved and trying to prepare for the season despite JB not being there or participating. The reporters go back to asking how he felt about JB's comments in regards to practice. That is very disrespectful. They wouldn't have pulled that **** on Russel Westbrook.

Nothing about this interview made me feel like I wanted to punch KAT. I wanted to karate kick the **** out of the people interviewing him though. The way they behaved is way too invasive, trying to force every thought and feeling out of you. Cant even look a certain way, they questioned that too, cause he wasnt telling them what they wanted to hear. Id love for JB to be on this team as much as the next person but KAT isnt the problem. At the end of the day JB just doesnt want to be there, and KAT is tired of talking about it. He just wants to start playing and try to get some wins. Thats it. If they didnt want to respect that they should have moved around.

clutchdabear, ico4498, HP3 and 3 others like this.
  12. viertelasiat

viertelasiat Member

My sauces are telling me its actually on Tuesday.......... at 5:45pm.

Bobsputin likes this.
  13. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Very well said. Overall I am not a media hater, like some individuals these days... In some instances though they deserve to be slapped.

BasketballMind and studogg like this.
  14. studogg

I don't disagree with you BBM. I think he just wants to play ball. I'm not convinced he's soft like Jimmy seems to think (Wiggins is a different story). I am also not convinced KAT is a max "talent" or that he's as good as people "project" him to be. Capella outplayed him hands down in last years series.....and I wouldn't have paid Capella what we paid him either because I'm stuck in 1993 and don't think anyone is worth that kind of $. But at the end of the day, somebody (Jimmy, Thibs, media bs, etc) is making this miserable for all of those guys - but you know what (and I HATE it when people use this), they play an f-ing game to have generational - family trajectory altering wealth. Suck it the f- up and either stand up to Jimmy or tell the media to back the f- off.

BasketballMind likes this.
  15. hibbetts

hibbetts Member

That was yesterday, for tomorrow....tomorrow is tomorrow .

Zoplicone likes this.
  16. topfive

topfive CF OG

Really? The people here on ClutchFans are somehow actually part of the problem?

I find it amazing that we wield such awesome power.

Come on, CFers, focus your energy! Let's make this trade happen.

17. The Hunted

The Hunted Member

KG made a good point. Wherever he gets traded this guy better ball out. I'm talking top 3 MVP, conference finals. If you wanna play the "everybody sucks but me" card, you need to be better than third team all NBA, missing 20 games every year.

clutchdabear and lionaire like this.
  18. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

Is there no taters in Minnesota?

19. felixng2012

felixng2012 Member

Jimmy is a tough, hard nosed player. Is he a bit of a diva, maybe. He is a bit like CP3 in that regard, he just wants to win. Wiggins is a scrub and a bust and Towns got destroyed by Capela and is a soft b**** so....

topfive likes this.
  20. bmelo

bmelo Member

IIm the problem because KAT carries himself like 15yr old girl and Jimmy doesnt like it? I dont care what they ask him but how he handles it(pressure) and then i imagine how he reacts to Butlers intensity and thats what makes me understand where Jimmy stands. Do I really have to spell it out everytime i write something?

topfive likes this.