1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Sources: Rockets have eyes on Jimmy B

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Sep 18, 2018.

1. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Thank you for the update!

I think alot of us felt the brakes being pumped after things were hot Friday-Saturday. That timeframe makes sense with Thibs still wanting to keep him.

2. ch44

ch44 Member

Also the riff is 100% work ethic related. No extra locker room garbage. Butler is a self made All-Star that still has a huge chip on his shoulder. Wiggins and KAT have had more things handed to them without putting in the same perceived effort. Their styles have just rubbed each other wrong. JB simply doesn't want to spend the rest of his career in that situation.

And something for Houston to consider - he may not accept an extension here either. He might already have his career mapped out in his head, playing with another star next year in a new city. Probably worth the gamble though.

Rashmon, Deuce, today and 29 others like this.
  3. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Do you think Butler would actually play regular season games while Minnesota still shops him? Or would he sit out like NFL players typically do?

4. esketit

esketit Member

thank you, is the beef between kat and butler real or is that something media fabricated? if you can say...we appreciate all you do for us!

o wow you actually answered my questin before i asked it or while i was typing. so i guess its not as toxic as i thought...so they are getting rid of their hardest worker in favor of lazy players? seems dumb to me but i guess butler would leave either way?

5. Vivi

Vivi Member

Thank you ch.

Richie_Rich, DonKnock and hakeem94 like this.
  6. Bobsputin

Bobsputin Member

Thanks @ch44

7. Vivi

Vivi Member

"He might already have his career mapped out in his head, playing with another star next year in a new city."

Clippers with Kawhi or Brooklyn with Irving/Durant...this might work in Rockets favor though, not sure Riley will take a risk if he knows this.

8. baubo

baubo Member

When you say extension, do you mean a handshake agreement to sign for a certain amount in the offseason? Because from what I understand the Rockets can’t offer him much in an extension right now because his base salary is so low.

9. esketit

esketit Member

could the heat lure another star to play along side him

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

Thank you @ch44 @Codman @cyberx

Hmm...

But I thought he was "Houston to the death?" :D

Update: Still off the James Butler train. ;)

11. Vivi

Vivi Member

@ch44 not sure you can answer this but, are those rumors that came out yesterday about "PJ not available in trade talks is a problem for Minnie" true?

BigMaloe and DonKnock like this.
  12. Nook

Nook Member

He may be.

It is mostly tongue and cheek from his time in Chicago where the reports were that all he did was hide in his hotel room and break down film.

pippendagimp, DonKnock and hakeem94 like this.
  13. Vivi

Vivi Member

Very unlikely cause they'll have no cap space and no asset to get another star after they get Butler.

DonKnock and esketit like this.
  14. esketit

esketit Member

a butler/kawhi combo could be deadly. two absolute work horses on both ends of the floor, but guess its not feasible

15. JW86

JW86 Member

Finally we can move on.

16. mockster

mockster Member

Tomball for life. Lol.

hakeem94 and esketit like this.
  17. Vivi

Vivi Member

For Miami nope, but for the Clippers yes.

In fact would be funny if the Clippers end up with three stars while Lebron will be left with the dumb 4 again lol

BigMaloe, DonKnock, jch1911 and 2 others like this.
  18. esketit

esketit Member

if that happened the eastern conference all stars would be like eric bledsoe lmbo

19. malakas

malakas Member

+ Knicks , + Miami.
    If Irving was planning to leave, I don't think he would go out of his way to insist that he's happy and wants to stay. Usually UFA say that we will see when the time comes etc.

DonKnock likes this.
  20. macan

macan Member

i don't want jimmy if he's not coming before the season start..he's gonna ruin our team chemistry we built back in bahamas
    **** you thibs still