1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Berman] Rockets making strong push for Butler

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Sep 27, 2018.

1. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Morey is either going to kill this team by crushing chemistry or put together one amazing team.

Super afraid of what happens to the toughness and defense if they trade Tuck. Harden also might not like that.

saleem and s3ts like this.
  2. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

[​IMG]
    Scoop Brady

heypartner and DonKnock like this.
  3. jayfree

jayfree Member

[​IMG]

4. CXbby

CXbby Member

Harden is tight with Butler and Butler is one of the toughest and best defensive players in the league.

Possum, Richie_Rich, BigMaloe and 6 others like this.
  5. da_juice

da_juice Member

I honestly don't want Butler at this point if we give up Tucker

6. ksny15

ksny15 Member

I don’t follow him much any more. He seems to never get on the court. Does he still play lock down D?

7. Jontro

Jontro Member

maybe we can stretch it to 3 teams and somehow add jerry lin?

peleincubus likes this.
  8. CXbby

CXbby Member

He got on the court enough to carry the Wolves to their first playoff berth in 14 years last year.

hakeem94, topfive and DreamShook like this.
  9. ksny15

ksny15 Member

He missed 23 games last year it looks like. I’d be pretty paranoid if we gut the team having both Paul and Butler on the team. They both tend to miss 12plus games a year it seems.

Deckard, mikol13 and Nook like this.
  10. CXbby

CXbby Member

Yup. They were a top 3 seed when he went out, finished 8th. Butler and Paul are injury prone, that's a fact. That's the chance you are going to have to take when you have to beat possibly the best team of all time to win a chip. The enemy of progress is perfection. If you wait and only make a move for players with no flaws, your championship window will be closed by then. Getting Butler, injury prone and all, is the best shot the Rockets have at a championship.

11. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Good point. I’m torn on Butler if we have to give up both EG and PJ. Especially PJ but I’ll support Morey either way. He hasn’t let us down yet. Going to a crazy year if we do land Butler though.

12. MghtyPtrck

MghtyPtrck Member

you cite butler/cp3 injury prone but not EGo having notoriously been injury prone before joining us and being used less in this system where cp3/harden are primary ball handlers

hakeem94 and Red Chocolate like this.
  13. CXbby

CXbby Member

I've been advocating including Tucker from the start. But I mean that as a last resort, if Tucker is the one player keeping you from getting Butler, have to include him. Not because I want to. Tuck is my favorite player on the team, and players that play that way always become fan favorites so I get it. If we get it done without including Tucker, hell yeah, sign me on.

Sick thing is, even with Butler, there is still no guarantee that the Rockets win it all. Last year I think we were 40/60 underdogs, and almost pulled it off. With Butler, and GS with Cousins, I think its 50/50, maybe 55/45 our favor. Still a complete crapshoot. GS is so good, and have so much talent, all you can do is give yourself the best odds possible and see what happens. Acquiring Butler does that.

14. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

What would we even give up. I’m guessing Eric Gordon would be the biggest piece

15. MultipleSauces

Plot twist ... mr Robinson is actually mr potato wearing some incredible Hollywood makeup . Plot twist 2: but mr potato is actually Nate Robinson wearing incredible Hollywood make up

hakeem94 likes this.
  16. Charles Jones

Charles Jones Member

CP3 Melo and Jimmy are endorsed by Jordan ;)

hakeem94 and DonKnock like this.
  17. Reeko

Reeko Member

made 2nd Team All-Defense last year

he’d be the best wing defender we’ve ever had next to Harden

6’8 and over 220 lbs so he has the size to be very effective in a switching scheme

guys shot 1.8% below their season average when guarded by him according to NBA.com, and he’s guarding the opposing team’s best wing player every night

Bring him home!!!

BigMaloe, Y2JT, hakeem94 and 3 others like this.
  18. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Blah, blah, blah

hakeem94 likes this.
  19. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

I dont see Minny wanting Tucker like most of you guys think. They are trading a young player and certainly dont want a 33 yr old with almost $19mil left on his deal in return as part of the deal

20. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

Not really. This Rockets team could be something like "iso iso iso, BANG. Or iso iso iso, double-team, swing, swing, three."

Not so much of threes in the 90's.