1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Rockets have eyes on Jimmy B

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Sep 18, 2018.

1. Why not?

Why not? Member

Insert itshappening.gif

hakeem94 likes this.
  2. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

Morey: just wait until Halloween and we can send you Knight, Gordon and Chriss for Butler and Dieng. You know that’s the best you’ll get.
    Thibs: But Jimmy wants out now!
    Morey: We can send you a 2nd round pick as well...

Why not? and hakeem94 like this.
  3. t0mdotcom

t0mdotcom Member

Can we offer Butler a max if we trade for him?

4. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

Yes, the Rockets can. I don’t think WE have the funds though.

t0mdotcom likes this.
  5. J.R.

J.R. Member

Woj:

Why is Miami so aggressive now?

They can't get Butler in free agency. They don't have the salary cap space. This is their chance for an all-star player and have to do it through trade.

What is Minnesota looking for?

That's what has been difficult to gauge. As the days have gone by now, it's become clear they want to replenish the assets they gave up in the Chicago deal for Butler. That's very unlikely to happen. Teams with salary cap space who can sign Butler outright next summer aren't looking to give up multiple assets for a player who could walk into their franchise.

Could we see a 3rd team involved?

Right now, it's possible Miami/Minnesota could do 2-team deal. There are players, there are contracts Minnesota wants to get off and there are some good point guards involved in talks here that if they were traded to Minnesota, they'd have to start moving point guards around. Right now, there's been dialogue with 3-team & 4-team scenarios. There's a lot of moving parts in these Butler talks.

BigMaloe, mockster, hakeem94 and 2 others like this.
  6. finsraider

finsraider Member

There is no way we trade for him without having already agreed internally that we are willing to pay him next summer.

My guess is if we can't win it all over the next 2 years, we will look to offload CP3...not Butler.

7. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

You are not understanding the difference between the Rockets and WE. I sure as hell don’t have 30m sitting around to pay the guy.

BigMaloe, steddinotayto and hakeem94 like this.
  8. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

9. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

With the way things are going this is looking to be more and more true. I think it will just come down to Dieng more than anything else at this point for Minny since it seems like they can't get any kind of major talent or picks in return...which is kind of ridiculous. Since Miami won't offer up Richardson I have to think it's because they are being forced to take on Dieng. That makes me wonder if maybe Miami is just offering Whiteside and Winslow for Dieng and Butler. The trade works on paper and saves Minny a good bit of money, but now that I think about it it's a pretty damn expensive trade for the Heat to make. I dunno....I'm feeling slightly confident that something works out for us.

BigMaloe, mockster and DonKnock like this.
  10. mockster

mockster Member

Thanks, I’m just a fan like everybody else just thought I’d drop what I heard. Fortunately I get to hang out with some cool people from time to time who can drop some knowledge on me.

11. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

BigMaloe, mockster and matchesmalone like this.
  12. mockster

mockster Member

Unfortunately I don’t get it like cyberx and codman, I’m just a goofy dude on clutchfans that gets a occasional drop once in a while if that, not an insider at all. If otherwise y’all be the first to know lol.

Codman, sage281, J.R. and 2 others like this.
  13. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Sounds like Teague would be available if you miss on Jimmy. I'd like that. I'd like that alot.

14. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Sounds like at this point he’s headed to Miami.

15. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Based on what?

Why not? likes this.
  16. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Why?

Why not?, Vivi and Mathloom like this.
  17. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

The Rockets have an all-world backcourt already. They don’t need Jeff Teague. Plus, the only way Teague would move is if Dragic was traded to Minnesota in the deal for Butler.

clutchdabear and DonKnock like this.
  18. AB83Rules

AB83Rules Member

I'd hate to give up EG and Tucker for Butler, don't care about 1st rd picks. Losing EG and Tucker would hurt, like a sucker punch to the gut.

luckyman76 likes this.
  19. HP3

HP3 Member

Well to be fair to him, it seems like they are the ones Minny seems to want to engage with the most per Woj tweet.

We know Brooklyn is out, idk if the Clippers or Wizards are out though. If they are out I think we gotta good shot, if not......Otto Porter or Tobias Harris would be very hard to turn down.

Edit: actually the Clippers are out too....even better :)

20. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Huh? If you believe the report that Butler wants Miami most (which I do), you also have to acknowledge that the original reported list (Nets, Clippers, Knicks) was not accurate. And that was my entire point. So, it's kinda strange to get all swarmy, condescending, and dismissive about my claims (or anyone else's) regarding the original list having a "leverage" component... because that's exactly how it has since played out.

Here's my original tweet regarding Butler's list, which village idiot @REEKO_HTOWN immediately replied to with "Heard this dumb **** with lebron LOL."

And now, a week later, Butler magically wants to go to a team that isn't any of those three. (Note that I never once said the end goal for Butler was or had to be Houston, just like I never predicted LeBron to go to Houston.)

It takes a special brand of poster to attempt to take a victory lap after being dead wrong, but that's @REEKO_HTOWN for you.

#1780 The Cat, Sep 26, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2018
    dje243, BigggReddd, joshuaao and 8 others like this.