1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

rockets tied at 8th overall w/ mavs and hornets today

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ckahlich001, Jan 15, 2004.

1. ckahlich001

ckahlich001 Member

RAWK!

if we step up and slay the t-wolves like were known to come out of nowhere and do sometimes w/ some of these top teams.....

that would be a whole lot of awesome

dern them dern mavs last night not losing.

this is what i said 1-12...but i hope they beat minnesota

W washington
    W boston (were not going to let them take 2)
    L minnesota
    W memphis (payback time)
    W new york (whose your daddy?!)
    L indiana
    W orlando
    W miami
    L sacramento
    W new jersey (getting b***h slapped by the kings will make
    us want to win this one and will barely pull it out)

27-19 (.587)

2. dskillz

dskillz Contributing Member

Really is amazing that as badly we have played at times we are 8th overall and tied for 5th in the West. Not sure what that says about the NBA overall though.

3. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

The Rockets are just beating up on the East. They play 22 of their final 25 games against the West. They'll fall out of playoff contention around early April...

4. shawn786

shawn786 Member

Ill tell you what it says, IF your good your good, IF your bad your bad. Theres only a couple average teams out there like the ROX

5. Relativist

Relativist Contributing Member

I'd really like to see a win over the T-Wolves. Did you know that at 3-7, we have the worst division record in the Midwest? Also 2nd worst overall in the WC (Phoenix is 3-8)

6. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

And so is every other WC team....guess what: all the West teams finish playing each other; and I predict that they will finish at a collective mark of .500 during that stretch.

Every team in the division has played 15-18 games against the East, with Houston towards the lower end with 16:

Minnesota 14-3
    San Antonio 15-3
    Houston 12-4
    Dallas 9-6
    Denver 8-7
    Utah 10-6
    Memphis 9-6

Would you rather be beating up on them a la Houston, SA, or Minnesota? or struggling against them, like Denver, Dallas.

If they just win the games they are supposed to win, the 7th seed should be a lock.

#6 SamFisher, Jan 15, 2004
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2004
  7. ChenZhen

ChenZhen Contributing Member

Being pestimistic or realistic is perfectly fine, but to keep saying pessimisic things over and over for attention just gets old...

8. tritho

tritho New Member

They do play 22 of the last 25 games against the West, but some of those teams are not playing well and others we tend to beat.

9. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

Don't count on it. Two games against the Lakers, two against Dallas, two against Sacramento, and two against the Spurs. Combined record so far of 1-5 against those teams.

Also, the Rockets have the worst conference and division record of the top 8 West teams...

10. ricerocket

ricerocket Member

Toss in Saturday's game against you know who. It will be tough, but I agree that they can make it by beating the others

11. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

So what? Dallas has to play the Lakers, Denver has to play Sacramento, Seattle has to play the Spurs, etc. etc etc; Only one of them can win each game.

Vs. West:
    Min: 12-8
    San Antonio 11-10
    Dallas 13-10
    Houston 10-12
    Denver 15-10
    Utah 10-11
    Memphis 10-12

Again, not much of a spread between them at all.

12. scv_rockets

scv_rockets Member

1994-95 season. The Rockets didn't even win 48 games and yet they still won the NBA title.

Now I'm not saying that the Rockets are going to take the NBA title this year, but saying that they won't make the playoffs.....? Sure, they're inconsistent. Hmm. I mean really....is Utah, Seattle, and Memphis better than Houston? No.

13. ckahlich001

ckahlich001 Member

THIS MORNING:

Rockets NOW are tied for 7th in the NBA with the mavs!!! (nets lost and hornets lost)

14. Nolen

Nolen Contributing Member

SamFisher- thanks for shooting down that crap from A-train. Keep up the great work.

This team will step up for the big games. This team will have a better second half than first half, and our inconsistent play in the first half has still netted us the 7 seed so far. This team is going to the playoffs.

15. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

That's been my position all along. Adding Mark Jackson will prove to be the final nail in their coffin.

16. droxford

droxford Member

Regardless of scheduling, the need is obvious: WIN! We should not rely on us playing softer teams, or other WC teams playing harder teams in order to get into the playoffs. JVG has the right mindset: we just gotta win. Regardles if it's against the Wizards or the Lakers, we just gotta win.

And that goes for MidWest teams, too. 3-7 isn't good enough: the best way to ensure a playoff spot is to improve our game against ALL other teams.

I know JVG understands this, but I don't think the Rockets do. If they did, they wouldn't come out playing flat and without heart like they do on some games, while stepping up their performance in other games (like against LA and payback to Boston).

-- droxford

17. daniel-bfl

daniel-bfl Contributing Member

David Stern should degrade the whole east conference to minor league. More so next year.