1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Rockets have eyes on Jimmy B

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Sep 18, 2018.

1. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

The idea that they won't trade assets now if they can sign him this summer is a ploy from the Knicks. Has nothing to do with how the Wolves are approaching this. I'm saying that the Knicks are alone in this idea. The rest of these teams will pursue a trade, it's a ploy to drive down his value because they can "just sign him this summer." Just so happens the Knicks are on the Wolves list, and this is how they've responded.

BMoney, DonKnock and heypartner like this.
  2. Nook

Nook Member

I don’t doubt Butler genuinely would like to go to Brooklyn, New York or Los Angeles. The issue is that the Rockets and likely a couple of other teams are willing to deal for him being a possible rental.

Butler has said Thibs is the only coach that expected greatness from him, expected hard work and also practiced what he preached. So it is unlikely that he is trying to screw Thibs.

D-rock likes this.
  3. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

4. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

So your example is a reported child abuser? Nice.

5. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

We're back in the mix, just like that:D

D-rock, BigMaloe, heypartner and 4 others like this.
  6. Reeko

Reeko Member

a radio host in Minny said Butler refuses to show up to training camp for the Wolves...thank God we got stars like Harden and CP3 who aren’t about this type of drama

saleem likes this.
  7. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I mean, I completely agree with your remarks about Butler's relationship with Thibs. That's why I said my first guess for any release of a list would be one that helps. This list doesn't help Thibs, and Woj agrees.

He doesn't *have to* release a list.

Hell, I contend that players who release any list to the media (agent probably did this) is never meant to help the GM. That's why I said this is borderline contentious, evidence that the mtg went poorly. Wasn't truly saying he's out to screw Thibs, rather just to juxtapose against my first impression of the purpose of his agent releasing a list, to make the point that the mtg must have not gone well.

8. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

What if we trade for Butler thoo_O

Then we will have stars who aren't about this type of drama along with one who is:eek:

9. buffalobills!!!

Attacking a city and a team of another sport because somebody doesn't like Butler's game or attitude? OK.

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

you have yourself to thank for that. you're the one who put his name out there as the best example you could think of

11. Reeko

Reeko Member

I’m about ready to call it a wrap on any Butler to Houston dreams

Why does it seem like no star is even really thinking about us even tho we have Harden and CP3, are a title contender, and have a good organization and player friendly coach?

hopefully Morey can pull off an OKC-PG move *sigh*

12. Mathloom

Mathloom Contributing Member

They have the assets and would want him, but I think for this trade to get done you have to be on his list OR have a shot at lifting the title this season. IMO he doesn't do that for the Bucks.

Maker
    Giannis
    Middleton
    Butler
    Bledsoe

Would be a hell of a defensive line up if Maker has learned anything.

steddinotayto likes this.
  13. Rokman

Rokman Member

Well, glad that ship has sailed away already.

Hey, did y'all hear we added a 3rd star this off-season in Carmelo Anthony!! He can hit at least 2-15 3's when it counts!

We got a Finals appearance on LOCK!!

14. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

I thing T for 3 makes a good point- you can't trust any public statements by teams. Elite talent is hard to come by. If the opportunity arises, few teams would write off the chance to obtain such a player. I would say there is more to consider for a team like the Rockets trading for Butler than most. We can win a title without him.

15. Reeko

Reeko Member

if I were the Knicks, I would trade for Jimmy Butler now and then use him and Porzingis to entice Kyrie to sign in free agency

16. Reeko

Reeko Member

Sarcasm?

17. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

This isn't clear. A listener posted that's what he heard him say, but the host has not posted any such thing on his twitter. This still might be a case of the Internets posting what they thought they heard.

If a Minny sports radio host really sourced "Butler is refusing to show up at camp," then I think we'd get more than just one poster on Reddit verifying that.

18. mugrakers

mugrakers Member

I think you're getting confused with Adrian Peterson...

19. bratna8

bratna8 Member

BAHAMAS...

I think Morey, Rockets and Butler will pull this off

D-rock likes this.
  20. RocketsFanBrian

Where did it say Jimmy was in Bahamas?