1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets building chemistry

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hou$tonScrew$tonTX, Sep 12, 2018.

1. hou$tonScrew$tonTX

2. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Shut up Jack

3. topfive

topfive CF OG

4. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

poor picture quality is poor picture quality....

5. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

You have to click the images. they're instagram videos converted to AMP then posted by OP

6. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Carmelo looking good in Rockets Gear

7. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

8. alethios

alethios Member

Yahoo sports reporting is some of the worst imaginable. Still it's cool to see them playing to get in shape. They've had plenty of pickup games in the past long before Melo joined this team.

9. meh

meh Contributing Member

Man it really does seem Melo's getting old. From the various summer clips I've seen he's almost always getting contested looks and most aren't even close to the basket. It really does help cement him in my mind as a 6th man where he only plays with one of CP3/Harden.

Ironically, assuming he's not just an absolute sieve on defense, he may actually be more useful against the Warriors than other teams because the Rockets offense was terrible against them last WCF. Melo's mediocre jumpshot may actually be an upgrade compared to non-existent offense of our other forwards. Whereas against normal NBA teams, the Rockets can generate much better looks than what Melo can offer.

HP3 and saleem like this.
  10. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Thanks for that! He does look good. Melo also looks like he's lost weight from how he played last season. That's a plus. I think Melo is one of those guys who's going to have serious Man Boobs when he gets older. His nascent pair make him look more out of shape than he really is, in my opinion, and he looks pretty fit. I see a Manssiere in his future. :cool:

clutchdabear and D-rock like this.
  11. theimpossibles1

To echo what others have said, you should really consider eliminating the 'JK' signature from your posts. First of all it makes people think you are 'Just Kidding.'

Second, it makes you seem really smug and frankly a bit slow. We can see your moniker clearly above every post.

Third, you are not DaDakota.

But hey, do you. Seems like you are really building popularity...:rolleyes:

12. theimpossibles1

I have never been a Melo fan, think he has a terrible attitude.

That said, I am truly encouraged by his body language recently. He looks slimmed down. At his age that tells me he is really working hard on his conditioning.

He looks sincerely happy. Last year with ballhog Westbrook and new addition PG-13, he really didn't know his role and that dissonance is an absolute killer in team sports. Now with his signature point guard CP3 and league mvp Harden, he has a firm understanding of where he fits.

Although the season is still a ways off, I am far more optimistic than I thought possible just a couple months ago.

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

he did the exact same thing last offseason. doesn't look any different. its only a matter of how the rox pick and choose to use him in a role on this team and whether or not he can play better accordingly

hajkov likes this.
  14. theimpossibles1

He joined a team with CP3 and Harden last offseason?

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

his "slimmed down workouts" are a repeat

16. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

I hope Carmelo has a personal chef to stay in shape throughout the season, a chef maybe is a fitness trainer also.

17. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

She said The trainer working with Carmelo said he is impressed with Carmelo Looking Slim, looking in better shape, plus his shots looks good.

#17 rockets1995, Sep 13, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2018
    hou$tonScrew$tonTX likes this.
  18. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I think Paul Pierce comparing Melo on the Rockets to his time in Washington was a pretty fair comparison in terms of role on the court.

hou$tonScrew$tonTX, D-rock and YOLO like this.
  19. minis9

minis9 Member

Who’s the guy in light grey top and blue shorts, often finishing hardens passes?

20. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

Yes ole dawgs can learn new tricks. Dear Melo, go ahead and blow our minds......the right way of course !