1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Marquese Chriss as an NBA player

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Haymitch, Aug 31, 2018.

?

How do you feel about Chriss' potential to develop into a good NBA player?

Poll closed Sep 30, 2018.
  1. Not good - no hope of developing into a good player.

24 vote(s)
    6.2%
  2. He's meh - small chance he develops into a good player.

102 vote(s)
    26.2%
  3. Not sure - 50/50 chance he develops into a good player.

120 vote(s)
    30.8%
  4. He's decent - decent chance that he develops into a good player.

114 vote(s)
    29.2%
  5. He's good - he will definitely develop into a good player.

30 vote(s)
    7.7%
  1. fattz

fattz Member

Just read the tread’s survey and it’s a perfect bell curve. This means?

clutchdabear and Y2JT like this.
  2. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

well it does spike in the middle rather than rising and falling gradually so its not a perfect bell curve but it does follow normal distribution which is what you're referring to (most responses in the middle, then less as you move to either end). a normal distribution means the poll/survey has good external validity and the results can be seen as reliable. throw in the fact that each category has sufficient sample size to create statistical power and you can actually trust the results.

however, the results don't tell us much since its based on fan's opinion and we don't know how reliable that is. in order to gain confidence in fan's opinions you would have to find 10-20 other opinion polls with adequate sample sizes and results that also fall under normal distribution. then we can see how often the leading answer ends up being correct. if a correct response happens significantly more often than an incorrect response then we could say the leading vote on a normally curved poll has a significant chance of being true.

but we don't have that info and i'm not about to do that study. #aintnobodygottimeforthat.

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  3. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

He reminds me of a TJ or Thomas Robinson type of player - the pure athleticism & talent are there, just not really grasping where to be on both offense & defense. Reminds me of Black last year, but with much higher upside.

I like his potential but definitely think it’s 50/50 or worse - if he’s going to develop into a rotational player, this is definitely his best opportunity with Harden & CP$.

Sanity2disChaos likes this.
  4. baubo

baubo Member

The amount of cherry picking needed for you to make your argument says all that needs to be said about Chriss. I don’t think you’re disagreeing with me on his potential as a Rocket, you just prefer to see the glass 1% full as I am seeing the glass 99% empty.

5. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

This is an excellent post. I have my doubts about Chriss, but this post is the most encouraging about him if he has a chance to turn things around in the Rockets system with Harden/Paul.

6. BoneYardDog

BoneYardDog Contributing Member

Dumb poster who needs a change of scenery.

7. BoneYardDog

Chriss has started 124 games in the NBA, why do you think he belongs in the G league?
    He needs to play with Harden and Paul so we can see what we have.

G League would tell us nothing.

AB83Rules and D-rock like this.
  8. BoneYardDog

Please link to show where he has a "low basketball IQ player"

9. BoneYardDog

You just did say "no chance". Why is there no "dislike" button or "your a DA" button?

OK Coach.

10. Exiled

Exiled Member

Big men in the league are dependants on how their guards positioned them, Clint would be the poor Javale McGee if he was on a different team,I think Chriss will be fine

hakeem94 likes this.
  11. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Will Chriss make Clint expendable?

No Worries and daywalker02 like this.
  12. dmoneybangbang

This. I doubt the Rockets are looking for Chriss to find himself as a player but fill a rim running, athletic disruptor role.

D-rock likes this.
  13. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Excellent answers choices provided by the sexy beast who started this thread.

14. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think those of you who think they are going to turn him into a center are fooling yourselves. What I see is the classic "big man who wishes he was a jump shooting wing".

daywalker02 likes this.
  15. Newlin

Newlin Member

http://www.nbadraft.net/players/marquese-chriss
    When he was drafted two years ago, the analysis at nbadraft.net said one of his weaknesses was low basketball IQ. Also reading some of the posts from Suns fan forums I got the impression that many thought he was a low basketball IQ player.

BoneYardDog likes this.
  16. Chamillionaire

Guys like Chriss are the reasons why CP3 and James are Max generational players. Avg players play like borderline all stars with our duo. We can only wait and see what happens, but if I were a betting man, I'd bet he'll be much much better here than in PHX. Who was his pg there? Tyler Ulis? Exactly. Earl Watson? Yeah.

MrSabotage and D-rock like this.
  17. AB83Rules

AB83Rules Member

agreed, being on the Rockets roster with CP3, Harden, Gordon, Clint and company will only help him develop and get better, not sending hm to the G-League. Just my opinion.

18. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

His critiques of James Harden pretty much confirm his low immaturity and basketball IQ.

19. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

People have no idea, and there is no consensus. :cool:

fattz likes this.
  20. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Jesus Christ.

Vivi and clutchdabear like this.