1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Brandon Knight

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by da_juice, Aug 31, 2018.

1. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

The thing here Is, players will adjust to their injuries. If he stays within the system... play D on steph curry, execute the 2nd unit pnr with Chriss, hit those shooters on the wing or finish at the rim, he won’t have to rely too much on athleticism. He’ll be learning from 2 premier PGs. We’ll C.

2. amaru

amaru Member

More tradable than Ryno will ever be. Can’t expect much value for overpaid garbage.

mockster likes this.
  3. mockster

mockster Member

14 mil vs 20 mil better, Anderson literally trash value atm. Knight actually has the talent and history to be a good scorer and can get minutes.

It’s a win win regardless for us

amaru likes this.
  4. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

yup. at this point i think morey gave up on finding on court production for ryno. he settled for a more tradable contract.

i'm not getting fooled into thinking that this trade was made because they think knight and chriss can play. we traded a larger contract for a smaller one. it cost us melton who can be on a rookie deal for the next 3 years for chriss who has a good chance of not having his option picked up for next year.

malakas, amaru and craguin like this.
  5. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

even if he cant play anymore, i'd rather have him rotting on the bench for 5-6mil per year cheaper than ryan.

amaru likes this.
  6. amaru

amaru Member

Ryan Anderson was so bad last year that Morey and company felt that an underachieving big man and a guy coming off acl surgery were better options.

Let that sink in.

saleem and ramotadab like this.
  7. BoneYardDog

BoneYardDog Contributing Member

You woud not feel better under any circumstances. Haters will hate.

Pat likes this.
  8. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Kiss of death... Now we just need Holic and DD on board.

hakeem94 likes this.
  9. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

hope he is the new revelation..stay classy my friends.....

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Not true, I'm not generally a "hater" other than when it comes to absolutely terrible players.

11. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

PHO fans absolutely despise this guy. i mean on their forums maybe about 2/3 of them were happy or indifferent about chriss being gone, but a full 100% were throwing a party about BK leaving. and that's with PHO having no current replacement at the starting PG position

12. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

These people don't even look up stats before they clown on people. This guy could ball out for us this year. This could end up being an incredibly underrated pickup.

BoneYardDog and Sidarma like this.
  13. Sidarma

Sidarma Member

Damn I hope so bro, I hope a change of scenery and securing 28 mil for the past two years doing nothing is enough for him.
    Oh being on a winning team too will change his mindset.

seclusion likes this.
  14. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

I have no idea about if he is just trade bait or not. Let's say we keep him.

I would be concerned if he were brought here to get E.G. minutes but he is not. As a "4th" guard and a CP backup, I don't know if you could have done much better under the circumstances. I'm cool with him getting 10 - 14 regular season minutes if needed.

I trust Mike D as a point guard whisperer. If our coaching staff can max out his potential, he could be a positive. The guy does have some skills that we can work in a limited role. He is also entering into his prime years. Hopefully he hits the mental prime of his career and wants to contribute to a championship roster.

If he stays or until he is traded, a potential second unit that would include EG, GG, BK, and maybe Melo, will be a lot of fun to watch offensively. I too would much rather have BK over MCW.

I like his chances to be a quality back up in our system.

But for a 3 and D wing i would trade him in heartbeat.

15. hakeemthagreat

I think it will. Similar to the Eric Gordon acquisition, young, talented but injury plagued player on a bad team. Knight's been a productive NBA player and far from terrible. You wanna know who's terrible? Zhou Qi. DMo was also terrible. Both are mostly loved here, yet Brandon Knight is useless? Some of these guys got some explaining to do

16. Pat

Pat Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

and two smaller salaries instead of one big one
    and $11,000,000.00 in saving

17. Pat

Pat Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Ah, humor. Yes we like that here.

Remlap, True Rocket and hakeem94 like this.
  18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

To be fair his performances were really good with Milwaukee and Detroit. His performance with Phoenix was atrocious.

Day and Night. Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde.

19. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

@malakas was not happy with his performance in MIL from what i recall

malakas likes this.
  20. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Can we view the addition of Brandon Knight as a backup scoring guard in the same way as how Lou Williams fit on the Rockets?

BoneYardDog likes this.