1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Brandon Knight

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by da_juice, Aug 31, 2018.

1. DasouthDakota

DasouthDakota Rookie

Bingo. God bless

Rockets Rule likes this.
  2. ChillyPete32

ChillyPete32 Member

He was somewhat good in 2014-2015 with Milwaukee and regressed after being traded to Phoenix and then had a major injury. It's not crazy to think he could contribute if he's healthy.

Y2JT likes this.
  3. jsilencio

jsilencio Member

Knight has always reminded me of Lou Williams/Jamal Crawford. Good luck building a team around him, but in the right role he's a good player to have. Anyone hating on this trade is trippin.

4. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Those corner 3pt percentages when he was healthy and the number of shots he takes just inside the 3pt line makes me think he could improve vastly under the Rockets system.

5. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Terrible defender, mediocre player maker, described as bone headed, has had lockeroom problems, inefficient scoring are his knocks.

His pros, when hot he’s a volume scorer. He’s a shorter Gerald Green making 15 mill per, with a recently torn ACL.

Not much to like, Melo/Knight/Green on one team is far too much no D playing chuckers for my taste. Hopefully Knight gets moved, and or doesn’t get many minutes (or even better proves me wrong and plays well).

Reeko likes this.
  6. HewbieTrippin

HewbieTrippin Member

from what I remember, he was a good to above-average playmaker as a starting pg, not a star by any means, but around that range. Defense was probably just average, but I don't recall him being trash or anything. When he first got to the suns it was the three pgs that they had in him, isaiah thomas, and dragic. Then somehow bledsoe. I forget what order they came in, but they all played at above average levels. I'm more confident in knight's game than mcw's ... though mcw might have more upside potential on d due to his length/height.

CapelaOnlyFan likes this.
  7. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Its so refreshing to read your posts here they are so rare

macho GRANDE likes this.
  8. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

this is not how this works.....i remember lebron missing a layup in the clutch and harden making serial turnovers in the clutch

macho GRANDE and penny1magic like this.
  9. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

Brandon Knight is an elite combo guard who can score and playmaker at a high level. Trainning camp will be fun watching Knight & Cp3 battle for the starting position.

hakeem94 likes this.
  10. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

:D

True Rocket likes this.
  11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Oh yeah, they battle, but not for the starting position.

Remlap likes this.
  12. Bwill281

Bwill281 New Member

He is a career 15 pts a game scorer. When healthy he can ball.

13. amaru

amaru Member

Low risk, high reward move.....especially considering we got him for a worthless, overpaid player.

penny1magic likes this.
  14. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

As a 4th guard in the rotation, he’s pretty good. And he’s probably more playable than Ryno against the Warriors. That’s a good trade in my book

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Dude has not played high intensity bball for a full season and the season before he wasn't actually playing well.

Ryno actually played regular season games, he locked valuable minutes in the regular season.

We did it to save money and give Anderson a now outlook to his career.

16. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

He's been pretty much nothing but fake stats and terrible defense. Not a winning player at all.

Having said that, the talent level is there, maybe in a better spot with the right mindset he could be a great combo guard off the bench. I'm not really expecting anything from him. But the mere outside possibility he could help us in the postseason makes him an upgrade over Anderson, not even taking salary into consideration.

17. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

All we want out of him is to be an injury insurance for Paul which he's more than capable for. I am very ecstatic that we finally have a proven point guard behind Paul.

joshuaao likes this.
  18. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

I remember him being a great addition to my fantasy team back in like 2014/15. Haven’t kept up with his career much since then, but I remember he had solid numbers across the board

daywalker02 likes this.
  19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'd feel better about it if he wasn't an even more worthless, overpaid player.

20. Vanilla Thunder

Vanilla Thunder Contributing Member

Knight was a good player and a great teammate to my NBA2k16 MyPlayer who was drafted by the Bucks, let's hope he can recapture his video game form.