1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets trade Ryan Anderson to Suns

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikol13, Aug 30, 2018.

?

Do you like the Rockets trade of Anderson & Melton to Phoenix for Brandon Knight & Marquese Chriss?

Poll closed Sep 14, 2018.
  1. YES

663 vote(s)
    85.9%
  2. NO

109 vote(s)
    14.1%
  1. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

SO... we basically swapped out Ariza/Ryno/Mbah for Melo/Ennis/Chriss/Knight/5 Million MLE...

Ariza was the only real key piece and added all THAT... I hope it meshes, could be great.

2. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

So all your points are logical and you still confused?

How difficult is it to understand saving 10 ****ing millions dollars is a big ****ing deal?

seeingred likes this.
  3. Sanity2disChaos

Lol @ the whining about losing a unproven 2nd rounder!!!!!

Stop the madness clutchfans!!

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You got me, I only knew Chriss from the fantasy game and he was a bottom dweller that I personally never picked.

5. broteinshake

broteinshake Member

6. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

7. Nimo

Nimo Member

8. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Not sure why the Suns did this but it's an upgrade for us while saving some cash.

Also Ryno is only 6hrs away from LA and will 35mil regardless of how he plays. Don't blame him for wanting out. He can dick around for a year and jump to a contender (GSW or Boston) when he gets cut next year.

9. Fantasma Negro

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The last part talking about a deal for multiple years had me cringe hard.

:confused::confused::confused: barf.

11. tc0330

tc0330 Member

Im still in shock with this trade. absolute clutch move by morey. GSW can bring it tf on now man. we ready

12. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I'll have some thoughts on this trade. But before that.....

Let me take a moment to ENJOY this GLORIOUS moment that Ryan Anderson and his contract are MOVED off the Rockets.

I have been waiting for this day for a long, long time. Just letting it soak in right now.

.......now, for the implications.....

13. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Yeah, was thinking back on @ch44 post regarding the Rockets having something teed up that wouldn't be too exciting. Breaking Anderson's deal apart will be easier to move the parts.

I really see this as STEP 1 in a 2 step deal. So stay tuned.

luckyman76 and mikol13 like this.
  14. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I just figured they wanted to lop off more than $5 million per year from the payroll. Chriss will be paid more than Melton, so the savings is probably less than that. Though I do understand that $5 million comes with a multiplier effect on lux tax.

But, if things going badly in a scenario where Anderson hadn't conceded a $5 million paycut, he still enters free agency with a chance to sign a multi-year deal except $5 million richer. Woj might get the scoops, but he's not exactly a financial genius. The only benefit Anderson gets for putting $5 million at risk is to make sure the deal goes through and he gets a shot at redemption on a different team. That is the reason the risk is worth it -- he's likely to play better and look better when he has a new start and is playing for lower stakes.

15. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

16. Rockets4lf

Rockets4lf Member

Ready for the refs? Yeah plaese...

17. Madeinchin4

Madeinchin4 Member

18. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

"Eef you would juss lissen to me, you would be un-BEAT-abull. You have to fo**-a$$."

Rashmon likes this.
  19. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

This makes sense. We really don't need Knight any more than we needed Anderson. But he might be easier to move. Or I suppose he could get stretched today.

20. DasouthDakota

DasouthDakota Rookie

Yes. I would have said the same thing.

How many late First Round Picks amount to anything other than bench fodder? At least Brandon Knight is young...and can easily give you 18 a game. I bet Melton will never average that amount.

All of these shoulda, woulda, coulda's....the fact is he didn't get drafted in the first round. There is a reason for that.