1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2018 NBA Draft/2-46] De'Anthony Melton, G, USC

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jun 21, 2018.

?

Do you like the selection of De'Anthony Melton?

1. YES

92.5%
  2. NO

7.5%
  1. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

AB also couldn’t defend, was a poor passer, and got hurt.

2. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

yup. if he's signed you have to wait 30 days to trade him. we dont want to wait that long and we dont need him for salary matching.

Iko reported that the hawks want our FPR and melton for bazemore. it looks like morey is willing to include him or else he'd be signed which would take him off the table in trade negotiations.

however, if morey was willing to meet the hawks asking price the deal would be done already. so it looks like he's either working for johnson first or trying to get the hawks to lower their price.

either way melton is in play.

3. D-rock

D-rock Member

Fixed

saleem and Sanity2disChaos like this.
  4. D-rock

D-rock Member

These unis are 100,000 times better than the original design.

But they still suck something horrible.

Stick with the black alternates and bring back the retros please (red/yellow or navy/red).

Richie_Rich likes this.
  5. Caesar

Caesar Member

Agent Zero Points Allowed

6. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Hopefully, he will just spend time like Aaron Brooks did, and then join the Rockets for the rest of the season. It's possible he may not need to go there at all, if he plays outstandingly in training camp.

D-rock likes this.
  7. D-rock

D-rock Member

Agreed, this kid could be special and is tailor fit for Rockets to bring along slowly.

What a steal.

Richie_Rich, da_juice, BamBam and 2 others like this.
  8. saleem

I also feel that Gary Clark will prove to be a hidden gem too. He isn't as talented as Melton, but he is solid and steady, with a good head on his shoulders.

D-rock likes this.
  9. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I was really disappointed in not seeing Clark in summer league. I am intrigued. If he hits, he could be a nice PJ Tucker type player. Would be very helpful.

D-rock and saleem like this.
  10. D-rock

D-rock Member

Rockets could have hit on 4 rooks this offseason if Duval was retained.

Hope they can hang on on to Melton, Clark and Deng.

BamBam likes this.
  11. D-rock

D-rock Member

Clark's comp is LMAM. Not bad if true.

BamBam likes this.
  12. saleem

Yes, Deng definitely deserves a chance at training camp, But, I don't think Morey has any interest in him. Edwards is more of a 3/D future type, which isn't bad. Deng has much more upside on offense, and he did put some effort on defense in the summer league as well. It's a pity, Duval wasn't retained, but Rob can take his place.

D-rock likes this.
  13. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

14. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

If Morey doesnt retain Deng Adel after he landed in his lap undrafted, he will really regret that one especially after losing Duval. His decision making will be questionable for his remaining time at GM for the rockets.

15. saleem

I wouldn't go that far, unless both or if one of them become all-stars. I like Deng. He is a scorer who can pass, with defensive potential. He is better than Bonga, who went at 39, if I'm not mistaken. Bonga is taller than him, but that is only advantage that he has over Deng.

D-rock and dkoune like this.
  16. topfive

topfive CF OG

He was if you're wearing these:

[​IMG]

17. mockster

mockster Member

I hope we hang onto Melton, ik he will gain value as he plays so he could be trade bait for next season

I like holding onto him though as a rising star and possible CP3 replacement when the time comes

D-rock likes this.
  18. zaam

zaam Contributing Member

That's definitely possible but not sure if I'd draw that conclusion just yet. It could be as simple as Morey wanting to do this in order, signing Melo first (since MLE $ is involved). Bazemore could be a good fit here and we know the Rockets have to be all in now; but Melton could be groomed quickly, and with CP3's age it seems having quality point depth would be a very high priority. That package IKO mentioned seemed like a fairly steep price.

19. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

too steep for me too. i'd rather keep melton in that bazemore trade as well. i agree that he'd be a great mentee for CP3.

i don't think the MLE will be involved at all for melo. he's signing for the vet min. you might be right that morey has been working to sign melo which is why he hasn't gotten to melton yet... but i believe if he has trade value as reported, keeping him unsigned is a way of keeping all trade options open.

20. D-rock

D-rock Member

Deng could be a Harden Padawan, their games are surprisingly similar.

saleem likes this.