1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why is everyone here overrating Melo?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets4lf, Aug 1, 2018.

1. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

I happen to think Anthony is washed up, was never that great to begin with, and will never fully understand the concept of "team." I'd accuse him of robbing the Knicks blind if fools and their money weren't so easily parted.

With that said, the Rockets have two very important guys who know him better than any Clucthfan ever will, and they both encouraged the signing. Also, he'll essentially replace Trevor Ariza in the lineup for LESS MONEY, and try as I might, I have not really found an angle that tells me, "Oh man, no way is Anthony as good as Trevor '0–12' Ariza." Like, I get that he's probably worse defensively, but... not THAT much worse.

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

3. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Ben Goliver: "Carmelo, know your role!"

4. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

media conspiracy

ryano2009 likes this.
  5. bmelo

bmelo Member

exactly people need to understand Trevor ain't no Scottie Pippen

hakeem94 likes this.
  6. ThunderStruck

ThunderStruck Member

Actually he has, a couple, though he was also much better at those times. The guys were Billups and Kidd, he got to the WCF with one and had his best season in NY with the other, but his main issue now is being older and slower and finding a role that fits into his older, slower self.

Lawlruschang likes this.
  7. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

exactly. Whenever we lose a player, he seems to be built up bigger than he was when he was actually with us. Ariza would blow open shots and do crazy drives and i reckon his defence started to get worse as well

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

why is anyone doing anything? like seriously, why cant people just stop doing stuff? ****in assholes!

9. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

cuz it's hard to find anything exciting else about this upcoming year. freagin rockets were this close to beating the warriors.

i'm so bitter from losing to the warriors. if only cp3 were healthy.. d'antoni don't f us again

10. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Why are so many failing to comprehend why we're the perfect team for him? Chris knows it. James knows it. Melo knows it. MDA and Gandalf know it.

hakeem94 and YallMean like this.
  11. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The gospel truth is that the NBA League office ****ed us.
    We know it should have been us moving on and kicking Cleveland's ass.
    That said, it's time to nut up, and gear up for a Championship run THIS year.

#71 Plowman, Aug 2, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2018
    dmenacela and hakeem94 like this.
  12. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Who here is overrating him? The reactions seem to be from 'he'll probably do ok' to 'I don't want him here'.

13. YallMean

YallMean Member

Two names for ya to consider - CP3 and James Harden. They make people better.

Also consider this:
    There is a reason why other teams weren't that high on Clint this off-season, but he has been a beast in this system
    There is a reason why Green found himself unwanted except for his buddy pet, but he has been excellent in this system for whatever he is paid

Now enter Melo to this line of reasoning

That's why I am tired of people here quick jump to the conclusion that Melo wont work here and think they are so knowledgeable than everyone else. Not saying he will necessarily work, but at least give him half the season to reach a conclusion. I think that's a trust/belief you have to give to CP, Harden, Dantoni and Moray, if not to Melo.

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

There is the Melo playing on roids and the Melo on a bad day.....and a whole lot of Melo on average level.

15. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Who cares about if melo works out or not after watching this....

16. RockWest

RockWest Contributing Member

Holy crap my dude just broke the game of basketball. He look so effortless and he made every single shot. Incoming 101 point game next season.

hakeem94 likes this.
  17. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Even Reggie Miler knows it!

Obligatory

18. MonteMelo

MonteMelo Member

Why is everybody here overrating Trevor f*****g Ariza?!

Lawlruschang likes this.
  19. Lawlruschang

Lawlruschang Member

He’s never been a great shooter, lolwut? He basically only had a few years of actual PGs passing him the ball (chauncey and Kidd), other than that his threes were mainly pull-ups

20. topfive

topfive CF OG

I disagree with this, especially in the case of Future Hall of Famer Chinanu Onuaku!