1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao is just not ready !

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Jan 7, 2004.

1. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I say trade him. I need a World Champion not world attention.

2. Charvo

Charvo Member

If the Rockets trade do trade him, Golden State is probably the team most willing to give up the biggest trade package. They want him for the appeal in the community, and I think they might give up Dunleavy and 2 1st rounders.

3. montevideo

montevideo Contributing Member

I concur with Deuce and GocarMozart who make strong points and back it up.

JVG is looking ahead and working on the SF & YM's weaknesses.

I don't buy the YM is exhausted line. I do think he's being pushed to the limit of his aerobic conditioning at game time - but I think he has plenty of time for his muscles to recover even for back-to-back games. -- I do think he is being pushed to his mental limit in terms data, logic and and muscle memory (recall) - but I sense that he is making the effort - and that the investments will payoff.

I don't agree with those that say JVG is wrong coach for Rockets or SF and YM don't fit in his system -- There are a lot of intelligent and knowledgeable posters on this board - but I doubt any would outdo JVG - so I'll go with his take by default - until Rockets stop getting better.

Finally, YM is just beginning his fourth month with JVG and Rockets. Watch post all-star and final 1/4 of seaon and playoffs before making any conclussions about this season. If YM not picked it up by then - then YM naysayers will have some source for their takes.

NOTE: Thanks hooroo for posting NYT article on Yao - why can't chron produce well written insightful stuff like that about their home team? [or did I miss it or did it or did it not make the cut in editing room?]

Final NOTE: For Jungle listeners that heard Jim Rome's take on YM, i put him in the same group as YM naysayers. I hope his nationwide blast get's through to YM and motivates him.

4. canoner2002

canoner2002 Contributing Member

talking about world champion with this squad is a joke!

5. bonr13

bonr13 Member

Yao needs to be sent to bootcamp:mad: